Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Yeah very slow but I got my text yesterday for the MVC in Swords as did some of my friends, so you shouldn't be too long now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Thought George Lee said on RTE last week that the govt would be disappointed if the Romanian jabs weren't in the country at the next week (i.e this week now). Deafening silence since. Wouldn't be surprised to hear that our civil service needlessly complicates everything compared to the Danes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The arrangements are with the Department of Health and authorities in Romania is what Paul Reid said last week.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

My husband (37) got his two weeks ago so thought they'd have covered it off by now.

They're doing 40-44 second doses from this weekend too which may slow things down.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

I registered 3 weeks ago to multiple pharmacies for the Janssen vaccine. Still heard nothing. Do pharmacies ring email or text you? And do you think it’s worthwhile going into them and asking do they have any spare vaccines? Looking to head away next month but don’t want to use my annual leave to quarantine for the 5 days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭cgcsb

The Irish civil service has demonstrated extreme levels of efficiency since the begining of the pandemic and especially since the start of the vaccination program, which has successfully gotten all doses delivered into arms at a deadly pace, despite the cyber attack that other countries didn't have to deal with. It just goes to show what this country is capable of when we set a goal, cut through the bull* and just get on with it.

If we had the same attitude towards housing, health(ex covid), infrastructure and climate action we'd be one of those sci-fi utopian societies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Is there any country that has prioritised young people over old for vaccinations? Maybe Indonesia from memory. Young people are lucky that they generally aren't effected health wise from the virus. Unfortunately, while some individuals have followed the rules, a lot of their peers haven't, leading to the rising case numbers we're seeing at the moment which could prolong the lockdowns.

But, keep ringing and registering with the pharmacies and he'll get vaccinated sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

I registered with a number of pharmacies in Dublin very early on the first day and heard nothing. Got my mam to register me in a pharmacy back home (Laois) where shes a regular customer and got an appt last weekend for tomorrow. Worth calling a pharmacy you are a regular at

• Registered Users Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Housing is eminently solve-able with the same sort of application, just build many houses, get the planning permissions through and get going, unfortunately we're both for building housing at a national level but vehemently against building housing at the local level with the opposition parties making the most objections to building plans.

There's a definite advantage in ringing the country pharmacists and travelling for it. Even if you are not from there try register in sparsely populated areas full of oldies and anti-vaxxers (Leitrim, Roscommon etc.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

For sure, my mate works in a pharmacy in Rathfarnham and said regular customers are given priority. I'm not a pharmacy regular anywhere so would of been waiting for the call in Dublin a while i think....

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ll31

Spent day on phone yesterday... Nothing ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Are there toilets at the Aviva centre? It isn't clear from the website or from a lot of googling

At this stage I'd say nearly everywhere will be out of doses and waiting on the next batch. If you're keen to get it I'd recommend that you be willing to travel and register in out-of-the-way places.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yeah, stock probably all used up at this point. You might be as well to hang on for at least another week before checking again and keep an eye out for any details of J&J deliveries. It could be the 31st though.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭robinbird

The HSE has finally released storage figures again.

After a few record weeks of vaccines administered we are down to only 824,805 in storage according to official ECDC/HSE figures..

Pfizer 482,805

Moderna 71,300

AZ 86,566

Jansen. 182,992

So who's left to vaccinate?

We can assume at this stage that the over 60s AZ and 35-39 first are more or less completed.

So only first doses left are the 18-34 year olds.

18-34 year olds.

Number in cohort. 1,000,000

Estimated take up 80% (It was 83% for 40s)

Number already done through GPs 

Jansen 200,000 (50,000 already done. Another 150,000 between 800 pharmacies and MVCs)

So number of mRNA first doses remaining is maximum 350,000.

Second doses

Cohort 7 50,000

Cohort 9 (mostly 35-49) 322,000

Assume no shows of approx 5% of 1,200,000 (Cohort 7&9)

So 312,00 second doses remaining.

Approx 160,000 of these would be due in July.

So maximum 500,000 MRNA doses to do.

We have 550,000 mRNA in storage and can expect approx 200,000 a week to be delivered in July.

If we can do 250,000 MRNA a week between GPs, 350 pharmacies and GPs all MRNA first doses could be completed by end of July.

There are no supply issues despite the claims to the contrary here by some posters here.. 

So why are we buying 1,000,000 Pfizer from Romania? 

And why are the HSE still saying that 25-29 year old will have to wait till Aug to register for Pfizer.

Only reasonable explanation would be that a large numbers in storage are being kept in reserve for use on children in August and they are considering third doses for the over 70s. 

There is some serious misinformation going on in relation to why our vaccination program is still ongoing long after other EU countries have finished and they need to be called on it.

Once again. There is and hasn't been a supply issue. There is a capacity issue which is only now being addressed with the addition of the pharmacies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,448 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

To above. Many aged 35 to 44 are still waiting on their first dose, never mind their second.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Do you understand the supply chain process? Seems to me you don't

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone had hearth burn since getting the Pfizer vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Hello again, good to be back.

Got my COVID cert in the post this morning which is good news!

• Advertisement

Not many. A few MVCs are behind but number of 35-39 first doses left would be less than 20,000

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

I have been organising vaccine appointments for a good number of pharmacies for the last week. Two things to note, Dublin pharmacies got 100-150 doses each, every pharmacy had over 450 registrations by 1pm at a minimum. More rural locations had about a third of that number registered but same quantities of vaccine. Given stocks that have been received so far the vast majority are still sending out appointments from the Friday.

Also starting to see a lot of cancellations for the ones that do have stock which is interesting (around 1 in 4)

Finally HSE supply have indicated early August for the next J&J run. Hopefully this is a worst case estimate.

Yes. I do. Some of the 482,000 Pfizer in storage arrived last week but many have been sitting there for much longer Even allowing for a few weeks between delivery and distribution to MVCs we shouldn't be stockpiling that many.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

Robinbird, it's been announced this morning that 25-29 year olds can register on the portal from tomorrow (probably 5pm this evening). So that August date you were quoting must be old news at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

I walked past a set of toilets that was locked with a sign saying out of use, but then I didn't need to go so didn't ask anyone. There must be some toilets available for staff and they'd have to let people use them if they asked. It's a stadium so there are hundreds if not thousands of toilets around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭Allinall

Yes. there are loads.

Just ask one of the volunteers. When you come back out, just join the queue again outside the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I know there is a bit ambiguity and vagueness about certain aspects of the DCC, but quick question.

I am due to get my second Pfizer jab on the first Wedneday in August in my local GP. I assume I'd get my cert in the post a few days later, or do people in GP's getting it via email?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

41 years old. Got my 2nd jab Pfizer this morning. In and out in less than half an hr. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Do you have to wait for 30 minutes in recovery area when getting second jab?

Got my first jab recently and while I was told to wait 15 minutes, other people were told to wait 30 minutes. So just wondering is that for second jab or another type of vaccine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Depends on the individual, those who react will be asked to stay an additional 15 mins or those with a history of reactions etc. If you weren't asked to wait 30 mins the first time you won't be asked the second time unless you had some kind of reaction

Advertisement