Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Healyjhow

If you are brought up to a pass do you get a refund on the recheck fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lcs3

Brought up 4 marks in company but not enough to pass

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Healyjhow wrote: »
    If you are brought up to a pass do you get a refund on the recheck fee?

Yes!!!! Takes a bit of time though!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

Yes!!!! Takes a bit of time though!

i forgot about this!! i got brought up from 47 to 50 in equity so i'm delighted to say the least.

does anyone know if there's a procedure to follow in order to be refunded or is it automatically processed?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

flepetch wrote: »
    i forgot about this!! i got brought up from 47 to 50 in equity so i'm delighted to say the least.

does anyone know if there's a procedure to follow in order to be refunded or is it automatically processed?

It was automatically processed for me the last sitting. They’ll get onto you in a few weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 UCCME

Went from 46 to 50 in Contract... *phew*

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Fe1erere

Hello everyone,

I got brought up 5% to 50% in property.. that's all of my Fe1 exams passed woohoo. Thanks to all of you who helped me and this board was a fantastic resource throughout the exams.

Best wishes to you all ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

Question for people sitting/have sat Tort: Based on the grid I have it suggests that negligence questions do not come up often. Duty of care has come up 4/21, standard of care 5/21, and causation 12/21 with the most recent instance November 2020. As such, am I as well to skip the entire section or just focus on causation?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

TCPIP wrote: »
    Question for people sitting/have sat Tort: Based on the grid I have it suggests that negligence questions do not come up often. Duty of care has come up 4/21, standard of care 5/21, and causation 12/21 with the most recent instance November 2020. As such, am I as well to skip the entire section or just focus on causation?

You might get away with not knowing DOC/SOC in detail to answer a question on the day of an exam, but you definitely need a conceptual understanding of Negligence- it overlaps with so many other topics (Employers Liability, VL, Animals, Fire, etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fe1ki5

I agree with above - Negligence is a must in my books (I sat it and passed in the August 2020 sitting).

I was using Val Corbett and as he put it, if you have an understanding of Negligence you have possibly banked 3 questions noting it would have you covered for a duty of care, standard of care, causation, omissions and acts of third parties, nervous shock, fire, animals, and give you good grounding for tackling a professional negligence and employers liability question too. I would put a good amount of focus on it.

I would 100% recommend buying the Tort nutshell written by Val Corbett "cases in a nutshell"
    It really is all you need to pass the exam in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

lawgrad49 wrote: »
    You might get away with not knowing DOC/SOC in detail to answer a question on the day of an exam, but you definitely need a conceptual understanding of Negligence- it overlaps with so many other topics (Employers Liability, VL, Animals, Fire, etc.).
    fe1ki5 wrote: »
    I agree with above - Negligence is a must in my books (I sat it and passed in the August 2020 sitting).

I was using Val Corbett and as he put it, if you have an understanding of Negligence you have possibly banked 3 questions noting it would have you covered for a duty of care, standard of care, causation, omissions and acts of third parties, nervous shock, fire, animals, and give you good grounding for tackling a professional negligence and employers liability question too. I would put a good amount of focus on it.

I would 100% recommend buying the Tort nutshell written by Val Corbett "cases in a nutshell"
    It really is all you need to pass the exam in my opinion.

Ok, cool. Val is currently teaching me but I guess I'm just a little overwhelmed by the extent of it. I think the best thing to do is just lock myself in for the weekend and build the understanding so. Thanks very much guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

As I previously promised to a few people, here is my equity exam from March 2021.

As with every other exam paper I've posted, this is not to be used as any kind of study aid or sample answer, I am very proud of my mark but I was still off by 40%, also when I lisst things i have a tendency to forget and make stuff up so the information is not wholly reliable

This can be used for people to see how much I wrote, the layout, number of cases etc and just to have a general idea the level of detail that is needed for a pass

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

I’ve received my contract script if anyone would like any pointers !

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

I’ve received my contract script if anyone would like any pointers !

yes please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Does anyone have the criminal paper from the March sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

Does anyone have the criminal paper from the March sitting?

I have it if you send me your email address I’ll send it on to you now

• Registered Users Posts: 34 RaffRiff01

Hi guys, hope everyone is well! was wondering if anyone has updated Tort materials? I only have up to 2019. looking for 2020-2021 sample answers, reports and grids?

Can swap for other modules as well! Thank you!

TCPIP wrote: »
    Ok, cool. Val is currently teaching me but I guess I'm just a little overwhelmed by the extent of it. I think the best thing to do is just lock myself in for the weekend and build the understanding so. Thanks very much guys!

It is probably the most dense section of Tort but once you get your head around it, it makes a lot of other chapters very easy.

When answering negligence based questions I would ask myself:-

1. A duty of care - is it present? noting it requires
    a) reasonable foreseeability and
    b) proximity
    2. Is there a breach of that duty? - which requires fault;
    3. Causation between that breach and damage?
    4. Damage - was it reasonably foreseeable? (not remote)

I would finish my question with offering any relevant Defence and/or remedies.

Other topics like Passing Off etc are very straightforward and easy to pick up so don't panic

• Registered Users Posts: 19 church street 94

For those who have done prep courses - what would you recommend as the best, Law School, Griffith or City Colleges?

For those who have done prep courses - what would you recommend as the best, Law School, Griffith or City Colleges?

I've used both Law School and City and would recommend Law School - found it 100 times more organised and the notes were of a much higher quality IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

Is everyone still waiting on Results Letters?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lcork23

would anyone be able to share their Constitutional exam paper? I have a Company one

I can … I only got 57% but could give some pointers

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

COMPANY

Hi All,

would anybody have any pointers on Company? first time attempt at the topic and any feedback / advice is appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

The exam grid is your friend, same topics appear year after year

Do exam questions, he repeats the same questions word for word sometimes

Get your company act early and tab and highlight

If you can, get a copy of his book, apparently he likes to see quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

^^This. Go over past questions, several questions on the March 2021 paper were word for word copied from previous papers circa 2018, etc. except for changes to names. Make sure your writing is clear and concise. He likes to see references to other sources, not just caselaw.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any up to date samples answers, etc. for Property and Equity they would be willing to share? More than willing to trade what materials I have for them.

Thanks!

I'm still waiting on a results letter from November 2020 sitting, let alone the 2021 sitting. Starting to wonder if I've been forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

I've been emailing them for weeks now asking and I keep getting some excuse about IT problems. I don't see how hard it is to just send a letter that's 1 line long confirming my results.

I never received any results letters from sittings as far back as August 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Hi guys, would anyone have the November 2020 EU paper?

Advertisement