Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CCR

Text Received: 15th July

Appointment: 19th July

Vaccine: Pfizer

Had called a couple of times for update and turned out on Monday that my address wasn't saved correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,811 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Age 30

HSE Appointment by text: Monday 19th July

Vaccination: Pfizer (first dose)

I got my first dose yesterday via a medical centre, and since got the text from the HSE about 5 minutes ago. Trying to log into the portal to cancel the above appointment, can't log in with the password I set up with, and trying to change the password just sends me around in a loop. Waiting on the phone at the moment to get through to someone because I'm trying to do the right thing.

Edit: Cancelled the HSE appointment over the phone, have my 2nd appointment scheduled for the 6th of August in the other place. It was like they aren't used to people cancelling, would they have rathered I don't turn up on Monday?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

MVC: Limerick Racecourse

Apt 1: June 20th

Apt 2: July 16th

Vaccine Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Text Received: Thursday 15th July (HSE)

Appt. Date (1st jab): Tuesday 20th July

Vaccination: Pfizer (first dose)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Text Received: 8th July

Appointment: 12th July

Vaccine: Moderna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

42 here, registered on the first day, I think it was 4th of June.

First appointment on 14th June, second today. They've closed Helix and I don't know if something got lost in moving the people from one MVC to another as they called me and said am I aware I have a second appointment. No I was not. After the call got the text that it's on 15th July at National Show Centre. Pfizer again, wish me luck that there won't be any side effects this time either!

Oh, and got the message about answering some questions but I can't even log in to the system if I try. They're going to have to ask the questions there. Hope I'll still get the jab regardless.

Post edited by ShayNanigan on

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

My partner, Dublin 15:

Text Received:15th July

Appointment: 20th July

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

I just got my 2nd shot of Pfizer in Swords, 5 weeks and 2 days after the 1st jab in the Helix.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

Text Received: 11th July

Appointment: 18th July

MVC: Greystones

Vaccine: Pfizer-BioNTech

I was bit surprised at the location as I live in Dublin 6 with two MVC's within 6kms of my house (Aviva and UCD). I rang up to see if I could get closer they told me that my MVC was listed as the Aviva but I was likely assigned the one in Greystones due to them having availability (staff and vaccine). He went on to tell me that the assignment was automatic and that he could cancel my appointment and to try and get it closer to where I live but I could be waiting another 3 weeks for an appointment. Decided not to risk it even if it's a 40kms X2 drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Had my moderna at the racecourse 2 days ago. Not a bad setup there.

It took almost 3 weeks to the day from me registering to getting a text, I'm 35.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Text Received: 12th July

Appointment: 18th July

MVC: Citywest

Vaccine: Pfizer-BioNTech

Seem to be rolling out quickly. Know a lot around my age who have them this weekend and some already had them. A friend has to cancel their appt tomorrow and was rescheduled for Monday. Have to say the system is working well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Has anyone else gotten the Janssen vaccine and had side effects? I’m on day 2 post vaccine and couldn’t sleep the first night due to nausea/chills, combined with really severe stomach/back ache. Thankfully, the chills and stomach ache have now disappeared but still feel a bit nauseous and have a bit of back ache again. Anyone else in the same position and also, any idea how long these symptoms last? I have a couple of friends who also seem to be experiencing the same as me, one got theirs a week ago and still has terrible aches

Citywest seems to have moved leaps and bounds compared to a week ago, when there were still lots of late 30s/early 40s people waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭scheister

Appointment: 14th July

• Registered Users Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Same, got it last week. Chills before bed, then woke up in the night feeling dizzy and fluey. Tired the next two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

Appointment: 20th July

Vaccine: Pzifer

3 weeks waiting after registering to get 1st appointment. Partner is same age and got the text yesterday but appointment is on 22nd July.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Think that will be cancelled automatically.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Just got the text for my first jab

Appointment: 23rd July

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭KildareP

Appointment: 15th July (just back from it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bbudab

Didn't get a text for an appointment, but I did manage to get the first Pfizer vaccine with my local pharmacy. Registered with them on June 7th got and appointment on June 9th.

Its definitely worth following all your local pharmacies on Facebook and contacting them as soon as they confirm that they have the vaccine available.

The HSE portal says that I am still 'Awaiting appointment 1'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,714 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Age: 36. First jab received 13th July - almost 4 weeks after registering. Live in Kildare and went to Citywest. Got Pfizer. Only symptom is sore arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

Well, himself finally got his second jab scheduled for later on today, 5 weeks and one day after the first one in the Helix. Looks like they are finally catching up with the early 40s backlog in north Dublin. Does anyone know if the Swords centre has more capacity than the Helix, or how does it compare (apart from being a public transport nightmare)? He got the text a week in advance, which was great, I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Got the text Sunday.

Appointment: 16th July

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

It's a real pity they don't run a little shuttle bus from the airport. Lots of PT options there.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Getting 2nd dose of Pfizer in Aviva next Monday 19th July. First dose was 24th June so 25 days later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Text Received: 14th July

Appointment: 22nd July

Took nearly 3 weeks to get the appointment text. I'm down on hols in Cork that week and worried about rescheduling in case it takes another 2 or 3 weeks? Might take a few hours to travel up, get the vaccine then head back down to Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

Age 52, South Dublin.

First appointment 20/05/21

Second appointment 14/07/21

Both in Aviva.

Vaccine AstraZenica.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dunneg

Got my second appointment today. Age 42.

1st: 22nd June

2nd: 17th July

25 days between two jabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It's about the same size, 5K with 50 booths. Public transport is all the airport buses and it's 5 minutes walk from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Bit further than a 5min walk from the airport unfortunately, more like 20mins. If coming by bus from town best get off at The Coachman's, 41, 41B, 41C, 41D or 33, cross at the pedestrian crossing then go in via Stockhole lane. Take around 10-15mins. Not a nice walk last time I was out there, but hopefully they have fenced off a pedestrian route for the vaccination centre.

Advertisement