Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android App throwing an SSL certificate error

Options
  • 15-07-2021 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to log into the BOI app via my mobile but I keep getting the error message "Error communicating with the server. The SSL certificate is invalid"

I have cleared the cached and data from the app and tried again but receive the same error.

Post edited by Elwood_Blues on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Same here....no access to bank at all now 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Elwood_Blues

Yup, no way to authenticate when trying to log in via web browser.. Beyond useless

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭OldRio

Same here. Rang them and was told via an automated message "unable to answer due to heavy volume of calls

They're an absolute joke lately

Think it's time to jump ship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Hi, so I'm not the only one then. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app as it suggested and no joy. Then I tried called them - what an absolute joke- same thing happened to me as OldRio. There's supposed to be a webchat option but I've looked all around the website and not a sign of it.

And I don't see any BOI representative rushing to help us out here either- but look we're only their clients who pay through the nose for non existent services.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jarren1

Same here, Absolutely useless!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

seems to be everyone ... surely will be fixed quickly ... surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Good afternoon,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am very sorry to hear this. We are aware that some customers are experiencing difficulty with the Android app at the moment. Our support team are currently investigating this as a high priority to be resolved ASAP. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks, Megan

But you said that weeks ago when people could log in but couldn't view their accounts!

Yous have the desktop version linked to the mobile app and with that not working, there's no access to our bank accounts!!

This is really bad, what is the time frame on this being fixed??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Same here. After reinstalling the app, I can't authenticate the phone, and as a result I can't even log in the desktop site.

How appropriate, my first post on the new site is a BoI rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Thank you for getting back to me.

I understand that this is very frustrating. Please be assured that the team are looking into this at the moment and hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. At the moment, I do not have any exact time frames for a fix unfortunately.

We appreciate your patience at this time.

Thanks, Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭JD. 60

I tried to do a web chat but could only do it through my mobile app (which I couldn’t access) ; when I tried via my desktop, the system was asking me to verify myself via the mobile app (hello, that’s the problem …. unable to access my mobile app).

Then mysteriously, the mobile app is now working (having reinstalled it twice!).

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Elwood_Blues

Yeah seems to be up and running again..

Edit: Partially up and running.. Also not getting the Activation Code

Can get on now but not sending me the authorisation code toy mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Having the same problem. Have reinstalled the app, and when I go to verify I get a message stating that there's a problem with my mobile number so they can't send a verification code, and as above, I can't access it on the web browser either. Is there a way to get around either the need to use the phone to authenticate the login attempt on the laptop or the text requirement for verification on the phone in order to get on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi all, thanks for your posts here on Boards.ie.

The Mobile App is now back up and running as normal. If you are still experiencing difficulties when logging in to your app then I would advise contacting our Customer Service Desk directly on 0818365365 and one of my colleagues should certainly be able to assist you further with this.

I hope this information helps. If you have any further queries please feel free to get back in touch with us here, we'd be happy to help as best as we can.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

I got locked out this morning, said I entered an incorrect pin which I didn't. Customer service is a joke. On hold 3 times for up to 20 mins before I gave up. Finally got a nice woman who said it was a software issue. I needed to have my pin reset and then delete and download the app again. When she saw my account was a savings one she said she'd have to transfer me to another colleague and I ended up back at the beginning again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Peig, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

If your Mobile App has been blocked then you would need to contact our Customer Service Desk in order to reset your pin.

You can certainly contact the team on freephone 1800946156 and one of my colleagues would be happy to help as best as they can.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks, Eve

Advertisement