Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

I got my Vaccine from GP without any interaction with the portal and receive my cert via email.

There is an emergency number for cases like yours (vaccinated & travel coming up), 1800 851 504. Hope they can sort this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

I'd contact your GP if I were you. I heard nothing about mine, my sibling who works in the HSE checked and my GP never bothered updating to say I'd received my second dose - months ago - so now I'm waiting and waiting for my GP to update my file so I can even qualify for my cert!

Anecdotally, anyone I know done by their GP has already received their cert except for me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yeah rang GP, they put me on HsE system and said I’ll receive it by post. If it’s not here tomorrow I’ll try the helpline. Thanks for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

They go out in batches, so GP uploads to COVAX system, HSE then verify the data they've been given to make sure it's usable and then it's added to a batch to print. GP & Pharmacy are supposed to upload daily so generally they've said it could be up to 4 days if arriving by post from the time of upload.

if your already in the system from the last few weeks then you should have it by post by Tuesday, after the big batch goes it'll be around 25k per day they reckon being sent

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

If you're in the system, you should have it by next week, I think they said Tuesday the latest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Great news that the government have increased the age of the PCR requirement to 12. Kids 11 and under are exempt from testing to enter Ireland.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Thanks, got second dose early June so fingers crossed so got Monday/Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Question to those that have received their DCC by email:

Does the email provide a link to download the DCC or is the QR code contained directly in the email? Just wondering 'cause I'll likely already be abroad when mine arrives and any link may be geoblocked like it was for the vaccination portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wh1skeyjack

Return travel experience from Faro last week (Friday) to Dublin:

Arrived at the airport, our PCR certs were examined by the check in desk (Aer Lingus). No issues on arrival, immigration checked our passports and we had to show the email for our locator forms on our phone. On the way out through the blue channel we were asked the reason for our travel, we said business and that was that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

And we're back! Who is on holiday?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Just a heads up from Spain, hot off the press, many of the hospitality industry lobby groups and representatives are requesting the introduction of using vaccine passports for indoor drinkers and diners to avoid further restrictions in the current wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

Heading out Sunday to the Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

I got my vaccine in the GP's office but the cert was emailed to me by health.gov.ie

Have you see that officially or is that just reported in the media? I can't find this on gov.ie or any other official sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

What's the story with unvaccinated people coming/returning to Ireland from the EU and quarentining after Monday? Ossian Smyth who's looking after the DCC here said no quarentining on Claire Byrne show a week or two ago but other Michael O'Leary was also on radio last week saying Eamon Ryan has said to airlines that they will including children. Very, very bad communication (probably on purpose) by the government on this as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭carveone

Very interesting, thanks. Did you see anyone using DCC certs instead of PCR tests? It felt like, for you, there was no checking by immigration in Dublin - instead they're pushing that onto the airlines at check in. Would that be right?

I find the whole "what happens in Dublin Airport" to be extraordinarily vague, especially if travelling from the UK. Ireland was required by law to accept DCCs from July 1st (not to issue them, they've 6 weeks from July 1st to do that) but I've no idea if that's happening - there's sod all info on the DAA website. Instead we have moaning about the HSE attack even though validating certs is not dependent on them and there are apps galore to validate for you (the rather neat https://covid19passbook.netlify.app/ was mentioned on another thread). I do have every sympathy for the HSE IT people on the work they had to do to issue certs while the place was on fire around them but the govt seems to have used that as an excuse to dodge the issue of validating certs at the airport.

My feeling on the DCC program was that it felt like a tech solution noone was asking for (and I say that as tech person). If the UK and the US aren't using it, then whatever you present as proof of test or vaccination has to be taken at face value at Dublin Arrivals. And if that's the case, then you can't very well discriminate against Irish (or EU) passengers for not having the digital cert. So why bother at all. The paper vaccine cert is "good enough", just as the WHO yellow thing has been for decades.

Having said that, faceman's post surprised me (Spain, hospitality industry lobby groups and representatives are requesting the introduction of using vaccine passports). I don't think the hospitality industry here are in favour of checking certs at doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gmmc

Would also love to find official guidance as my sister had heard this on the radio. We are currently in France and depart on the 20th to Dublin. We have 3 children 5,7,9 years so it would be great to know we don’t have to get 2 pcr tests on Saturday!

My first post on this thread also and I would like to give our travel update from leaving Dublin last Tuesday. We were both fully vaccinated in Derry so had the small vaccine travel card from Pfizer. I definitely was stressing about the airport as it was not essential travel but using our campsite voucher from last year that we decided to uses and take the risk. The airport at 7.30am was so quiet. Seen a few gardai but we’re not stopped. We used fast track( though not more than 20 in the normal security queue) and literally were through in minutes. Ryanair starting boarding nearly an hour before departure and we were asked for test but when we showed our small vaccine card it was checked and we had no problems. It was the most calm and seamless airport experience ever! On arrival in France, the France police were checking tests before passport control and they accepted our vaccine card also, no questions asked.

Thanks to all who post and advise as it was of great help.

We obviously have no DCC but are hoping coming through on the 20th that our vaccine card will be accepted?! We are Irish passport holders but I understand as yet no provision has been made for us?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭rameire

From the above link

From 19 July, children aged 12 and over will be required to have a negative RT-PCR test to travel into the country.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Thank you Rameire That must have just gone up, It wasn't there earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Thanks for the detailed update.

Have you done this kind of (long) car trip before? Did the Covid stuff add a lot to the planning ?

Enjoy your holiday. (Quite envious here!)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideline warrior

Hi Folks. Should we be getting worried about the posibility of the 'Digital Cert Emergency Brake' being pulled by the Irish Govt for Spain due to the increasing case numbers over there (now one of worst in Europe). Due to be heading to Lanzarote in mid-August. Fully vaccinated with the Digital Cert. Individual Countries are entitled to pull the Emergency Brake on a country if they want. France & Germany already advising against travel to Spain!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Flying tomorrow to Scotland for the weekend (back Sunday late, if I walk slowly from the plane, it will be the 19th) and haven't a **** clue what to bring to the airport apart from masks, passport, boarding passes and DCC.

I guess I don't have the locator form dance as it is Ireland - Scotland - Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭josip

This is our 8th year and yes, Covid changes the planning completely.

Normally we take 7-10 days and meander across Europe on the way. The journey is the holiday for us, more than the time out here. Out here, we're both working from 'home'.

Because Ireland dragged its heels with the DCC, this year we planned just to drive during the 72 hour PCR window. The original plan and booking was landbridge UK and down through Hungary. But with the UK getting blacklisted in the week before we travelled, we had to switch to ferry direct to France. And transit through Hungary was still uncertain so we switched to Slovenia-Croatia at Linz. It was a bit of a head wreck trying to make sure you had all that might be required in advance for each country (Ireland-essential travel proof, France-solemn declaration printed, Germany online registration). Hopefully the trip back at the end of August will be more normal. But if Tony or the school are still insisting on 14 day home quarantine for non-EU origin, we'll leave early and spend the 14 days in French campsites instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

Isn't the emergency brake system for countries outside the Eu,France and Germany just are doing their own thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wh1skeyjack

Didn't see any DCCs no, but I don't know if they were out yet when we were going through. Thinking back, the passport checker at Dublin airport did have a brief glance over the PCR results but that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Next to no chance i'd say. They may advice against travel though. Enjoy the holiday 👍️

Nope. It’s going to up more and will plateau and come down again in august. Spain are accelerating vaccination in August of 20+ and teenagers in September.

Hospitalisations aren’t a problem for most of Spain

Also if an emergency break is pulled, justifying quarantining fully vaccinated travellers will be a hard sell

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Everyone coming back into the country has to fill in the passenger locator form and select on it what you have for a DCC, Test, recovery or vaccination

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

This doesn't really answer your question directly, but I enquired to the office of minister Ossian Smyth about how those with irish passports who were vaccinated in the north could get the dcc (I read an article in which he said that it would be available to those in NI.) This was the reply I got today:

"Many thanks for your email to Minister Smyth. I have shared your email with the Minister’s Departmental office who will be able to provide an up to date response.

The Digital Covid Certificates being issued this week are being issued automatically from the HSE’s vaccination data. Thus only persons who were vaccinated in the Republic Ireland are being issued with their Digital Covid Certificate this week.

However, on July 19th the Digital Covid Certificate helpline will be open for queries. They will be able to give you guidance on how to apply for a Digital Covid Certificate as a person who was vaccinated outside of Northern Ireland.

It is important to note, that a Digital Covid Certificate is not a prerequisite for travel. You can travel within Europe if you provide proof of vaccination such as a vaccination record card."

Advertisement