Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical agricultural officer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hillbillygirl

Wexford moving too! Short window for all paperwork required!6ish days

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nicchick88

I’m still going through clearance at moment and it’s been 6 weeks. It’s not a short process

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

I applied for the tech Agri inspector a few years ago. Went to Dublin, did the “aptitude test”, produced my qualifications everything squared and got the the panel. One year later I got an email from the quango that’s commonly known as PAS saying I no longer qualify for the role! I rang the quango known as PAS and they said the department of Ags review of my degree, a year after I got on the panel, deemed mee ineligible.

I said could to the guy could you not have told me that a year ago before putting me on the panel, he said no because, and I’m paraphrasing here, we to busy holding or langers.

Good luck in the meat factory whoever gets these jobs anyway shur.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 johnnysgot123

Wex would have been my preferred choice - I'm in the 10-15 region on that too. Great to see some movement anyway. Finding an audiologist is fairly tough - all booked up until after mid July

Wex would have been my preferred choice - I'm in the 10-15 region on that too. Great to see some movement anyway. Finding an audiologist is fairly tough - all booked up until after mid July

I know it may be a little far, but I got an appointment within days at the beacon in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Spec savers

Spec savers

Not accepted

Specsavers are on the list for county Wexford anyway! I’m going with an audiologist I found on the list On the Irish Society of Hearing Aid Audiologists Website.

nicchick88 wrote: »
    I’m still going through clearance at moment and it’s been 6 weeks. It’s not a short process

What’s the delay? Is it clearance from Garda or is it the dept?

What’s the delay? Is it clearance from Garda or is it the dept?

The Garda clearance took a week, I had documents I was waiting for from abroad. But there is a lot of back and forth. There are different stages within clearance itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Zlatam

Anybody get offered a job recently, if so where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I emailed PAS to get some information...

I received 2 separate, semi-identical emails confirming receipt of my email, passing the buck on saying that someone else would look after it!!

You couldnt make it up!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kiltannon

Has anyone heard of what kind of jobs are being offered in Kildare in last few days, I have being offered a job, so just wondering has anyone elss and where are you being based.

Yes, I was. I got a job in one of the meat factories

How is that going for you?

What is your day like?

I haven’t started yet, I only got my contract this week

Ok...thats great, well done...you might give us an update of what its like when you start!

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5 anon567

Day to day you do certification of meat products being exported, in cattle and sheep plants there maybe 3 or 4 certs a day. You also monitor carcase hygiene, temperature of sterilisers etc, generally twice a day you go around and do these checks. In the lairage, one or sometimes 2 taos go in early in the morning, generally 7 am. Here you login onto AIMS and approve the cattle for slaughter. Where animals are presented in the wrong herd number, the factory are notified and iron out the issue with the farmer. Overtime can be taken as money or leave in lieu, generally you will get 7 to 10 hours a month overtime. 7.5 hours is a day, so throughout the year you can create 10 extra days off comfortably. There does be plenty of transfers to other meat plants to cover holidays or sick leave, you get paid relatively well for these days with a meal allowance and payment per kilometer from your meat plant. Generally you will work with a few other taos in meat plants, aids with flexibility. A roster system is generally employed so you have a period at each duty.

What does it say on the offer you got, is there a deadline as to when you have to accept or decline?, are you off the panel should you decline?

• Any word on any offers in cavan or monaghan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Are you told what job you are being considered for before you supply the documentation? Or where the job is based other than just the county?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Wolf Mackenzie

PAS will send you a message saying that you have the job. The Department will email you with the location of the posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 holly7up

How are people progressing through the pre-employment checks? Its been weeks since I've heard anything back, is this normal?

Got a message yesterday that Garda clearance was complete and it was being passed over to PAS. This was by email!! So two weeks ago today I completed the Garda vetting form and sent back to PAS. What’s your time line like? Anyone else know after clearance how long until offer is made?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 holly7up

I think I sent the docs back 5-6 weeks ago and haven't heard back since.. Seems like everything takes an age.

When you are asked to submit documentation, does that mean you are being considered for a job along with 3 or 4 other candidates and might not actually be offered a job?

I presume that but not 100%. I wasn’t in top 5 for county so I’m presuming

Here is my timeline from job offer - job commencement:

I got the email I was being considered for a post on the 23rd June and to submit paperwork for clearence

I was fully cleared on the 30th July and a Job offer followed the next day (in a specific location)

I start in a meat factory in early September!

It's by no means a quick process and a lot of too-ing and frow-ing with paperwork.

• Does anyone know what the hours are meant to be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 anon567

The day is generally split between the TAO's, one opens at 6.45 and goes at 12 and the other comes in at 11 and goes at 5.15. Very flexible arrangements tbh. Its a benefit of meat plants being able to split the work load with your colleagues

• Advertisement

Advertisement