Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 steviebb

cmc35 wrote: »
    When is the start date for this month

19th of july

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fay711

Just got email there, medical at 8am on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 S_G

steviebb wrote: »
    I did my medical 2 weeks ago this week??

Yeah I did mine on the 30th, i was surprised that the email said people doing the medical during that time may be taken in. Very little notice to give to our current employer but I’d be gone given the chance to head in this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 steviebb

S_G wrote: »
    Yeah I did mine on the 30th, i was surprised that the email said people doing the medical during that time may be taken in. Very little notice to give to our current employer but I’d be gone given the chance to head in this month.

Im the same as you id be gone, but the lack of info is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 41 NorthWestJ

When is the start date for this month

Induction in templemore is the 15th , starts online the 19th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 User152875

NorthWestJ wrote: »
    Induction in templemore is the 15th , starts online the 19th

I wonder will there be more offers ? 15th is close !

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lor198

Does anyone know if the online part is live, or can you work away at any time of the day or night? Just planning on a holiday the week the next september intake is meant to start. I can't be putting my plans on hold any longer

• Registered Users Posts: 5 S_G

Lor198 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the online part is live, or can you work away at any time of the day or night? Just planning on a holiday the week the next september intake is meant to start. I can't be putting my plans on hold any longer

Is there meant to be another in September? I was told October after this intake

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nathz112

Seen a lot of questions about when intakes are etc; did a bit of research and as per justice.ie, this is the information on intakes. Hope it helps!

I am advised by the Garda authorities that it is currently anticipated that An Garda Síochána will be in a position to take in 450 new Trainees over the course of 2021, however these plans will be kept under review in light of the situation which may be in place with regard to COVID-19 restrictions.
    I am informed that the schedule for these currently anticipated intakes is as follows:

Date Garda Trainees
    24 May 2021 150
    19 July 2021 75
    20 September 2021 150
    15 November 2021 75
    Total 450

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

nathz112 wrote: »
    Seen a lot of questions about when intakes are etc; did a bit of research and as per justice.ie, this is the information on intakes. Hope it helps!

I am advised by the Garda authorities that it is currently anticipated that An Garda Síochána will be in a position to take in 450 new Trainees over the course of 2021, however these plans will be kept under review in light of the situation which may be in place with regard to COVID-19 restrictions.
    I am informed that the schedule for these currently anticipated intakes is as follows:

Date Garda Trainees
    24 May 2021 150
    19 July 2021 75
    20 September 2021 150
    15 November 2021 75
    Total 450

I'm awaiting a new competition myself and have been keeping an eye out here as it's the most active thread.

It's pretty shocking having people wait around for 3 years. I hope you've all been awarded suitably and you can experience some well deserved excitement over the coming months.

I'd been vetted for another job in the past and it didn't take more than 2 weeks. That's with a huge extended family scattered all over the globe as well as a few degenerate relatives in the mix. Some people were waiting 2 years on vetting?? You'd process 40 Julian Assanges in that time..

Doing the numbers and considering the most recent updates it's likely a new competition won't kick-off until Q2 2022. Granted you guys probably couldn't give a rats if they held a competition ever again it'd be great if someone could tell us otherwise in the comings months.

• Advertisement

Physeter wrote: »
    I'm awaiting a new competition myself and have been keeping an eye out here as it's the most active thread.

It's pretty shocking having people wait around for 3 years. I hope you've all been awarded suitably and you can experience some well deserved excitement over the coming months.

I'd been vetted for another job in the past and it didn't take more than 2 weeks. That's with a huge extended family scattered all over the globe as well as a few degenerate relatives in the mix. Some people were waiting 2 years on vetting?? You'd process 40 Julian Assanges in that time..

Doing the numbers and considering the most recent updates it's likely a new competition won't kick-off until Q2 2022. Granted you guys probably couldn't give a rats if they held a competition ever again it'd be great if someone could tell us otherwise in the comings months.

Last official mention (reference) of the new competition mentioned Q4 2021.

I'm in the same position as yourself, just missed the last one, so have been waiting since the end of 2019 basically just to even apply !

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

Highly doubt they'll send out more offers after thursday if induction is 15th as minimum notice period for employment is a week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Joe12399

Who knows though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AgentBouncy

Just saw an email from HRM to book medical exam with Medmark. Email was sent to me at 15.27 today. I had passed my PCT on the 19/06/21. OOM is 757.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Im planning on joining the Gardai someday (if they'll have me, of course) but am tied to my current job until September 2022. Is there anything I should be doing currently to prepare for an application, or when do I need to start paying attention to intakes?

Im planning on joining the Gardai someday (if they'll have me, of course) but am tied to my current job until September 2022. Is there anything I should be doing currently to prepare for an application, or when do I need to start paying attention to intakes?

Given the process seems to take anywhere from 12-24 months for most people, I'd highly suggest you keep your eyes peeled (and public jobs notifications on) for the next competition.

I made the mistake of thinking I could skip the last one and jump on the next, and 2 years later here I am without having had the chance to get my name in the hat yet.

In addition, the experience you get from going through the process will stand to you.

Just saw an email from HRM to book medical exam with Medmark. Email was sent to me at 15.27 today. I had passed my PCT on the 19/06/21. OOM is 757.

I am the exact same.

Highly doubt they'll send out more offers after thursday if induction is 15th as minimum notice period for employment is a week!!

I’ve heard of people getting a call on the Friday to start on the Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ayogdx

I was on the phone to them yesterday, and the fella said there's been cases where people got 1 day notice. You can never really know

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cmc35

ayogdx wrote: »
    I was on the phone to them yesterday, and the fella said there's been cases where people got 1 day notice. You can never really know

Id happily give one day notice in lol

• Advertisement

Anyone else get any offers over the last few days ? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nathz112

Got an offer on Friday gone to start today, had to defer due to lack of notice for my current employer, got a quick response to say they’ll be in contact in September 👌

Anyone know if July is full. Was just told my application is under review by senior management so hoping I may squeeze in.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

Thank god I've finally seen someone who is in the same boat as me haha, hopefully its sorted for the September intake!

I’m hoping that by some absolute miracle July may still be on the cards

July basically started today , induction was today in the college , and starting Monday , intake is full it seems

Not too sure if it is full considering deferrals and then people not Passing physicals/medicals.

Did my medical last Thursday does anyone know if they communicate results and how long this takes ?

I emailed them on Tuesday and heard back today to say I was all good

• Advertisement

Advertisement