Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homer J. Fong's "Difficult Second Walrus"...now with added HEEPS!

Comments

Aris and H2DPB bring us up to :

giphy.gif

Eight entries. Ah-ah-ah!

mustang shelly brings us to nine entries:

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As soon as I saw round 1 I instantly knew what I was entering. Then I went down a rabbit hole of short songs and I now have a shortlist of at least 30 and my first thought probably isn't even in the running!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Zaph wrote: »
    As soon as I saw round 1 I instantly knew what I was entering. Then I went down a rabbit hole of short songs and I now have a shortlist of at least 30 and my first thought probably isn't even in the running!
    That's the most annoying thing about walrus. After you have entered you are always thinking of new and better songs and torturing yourself saying why didn't I pick that instead.

Actually I tell a lie: the no 1 most annoying thing in walrus is when you are mulling over picking song A or song B. You finally pick song B and it bombs. Someone else enters song A and it wins the category :eek::mad::(:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Another thing that is really annoying in walrai..
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.tvtropes.org%2Fpmwiki%2Fpub%2Fimages%2Fgrandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud10.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
    :p
    When you choose a song from band A. In the reveal the Walrer says 'I really love Band A, they are one of my favourite bands ever...BUT... I hate this song with a passion, it is the only song of theirs that I don't like. If you had chosen x, y or z by them instead, you would have come top' :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Actually I tell a lie: the no 1 most annoying thing in walrus is when you are mulling over picking song A or song B. You finally pick song B and it bombs. Someone else enters song A and it wins the category :eek::mad::(:rolleyes:
    I still count that as a result!
    Rather that than double up with someone on B and song A not get entered. Maybe I'm playing this wrong :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Entry submitted.

tenor.gif?itemid=16489732

cdeb, JP Liz and Kolido are in the mix, bringing us up to:

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

In. #13, unlucky for some :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

cdeb, JP Liz and Kolido are in
    My first HEEPS and my first Walrus, at the same time... :eek:

100.webp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

cdeb wrote: »
    My first HEEPS and my first Walrus, at the same time... :eek:

100.webp

My first Walrus, but not my first HEEPS. I have two chances to come last now! :o

Do any of you digital artists want to do me a HUGE favour?

I want to put my grandson’s face in the cab of a digger to look like he’s driving it and have his name and age on the arm of the digger. Then I want to upload this to the largest card I can find on moonpig and send to him in Australia.

Ooops meant to post in mspaint thread :D

cee_jay, Barna77 and osh have thrown their Walrus hats into the ring.
    How many players do we have now, Abominable Snowman?

giphy.gif

(and no, I have no explanation for what the context of that gif is!)

tenor.gif?itemid=15040201

*Bump*

Signups still very much open. Up to 16 entries thus far, would be great if we could get to 20.....

5fii70.gif

I'm in, Nordic for every round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

So, eh, @Homer J. Fong did the PM's survive the migration? Or had you already extradited the relevant info to a spreadsheet? Or is this a ground zero situation where you'll need us to send stuff again?

My messages are a disaster following the changeover - messages I had long deleted on the old site have re-appeared, and messages that other people had sent me are now appearing as messages I seemingly sent myself. My inbox is like a dog's dinner basically, so was assuming everyone else's is equally messy. 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Homer if you're still open for business I'll get my choices into you ASAP.

Though I'm honestly a little heartbroken at the state of the site, my heart isn't in it in the same way anymore. What a botch job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Yeah, the groupings look different.

I think it might have grouped messages by subject? I am able to find them, but I was a lucky one that only had a couple dozens of pending messages. . .😀

A handful of them seem to have survived* but most have disappeared. I do have all the songs and artists saved on a spreadsheet but don't necessarily remember who sent what for all of them - won't hurt when doing the scoring to add an element of blindness to it, I guess! However in some cases people may have sent me a link to a specific version they wanted to use, so it's probably worth sending it on again for anybody who wants to make sure their entry has been received correctly.

*Electric Nitwit, mustang shelly, Barna77, cdeb and Necro - you're the chosen five whose entries have been preserved by the changeover, for whatever reason. Well done!

EDIT: Also I had been updating the Sheepulator in real time, so all of the Heeps entries should be safely stored on my PC.

Yup, still open for business. Fire 'em on whenever you have the time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Not altogether sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing tbh 😁

Great, delighted my winning entry survived! 😁

Did my second PM too? The one changing my short song to a Nordic one?

Yes, that has also survived and the change has been duly implemented.

Re-sent mine just to be sure to be sure, as I had previously changed one answer.

Just re-sent mine there Homer

• Advertisement

What's the story with this one - my first walrus participation?

Advertisement