If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there teletext on the lg oled cx series

Options
  • 02-07-2021 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Is there teletext on the lg oled cx series.

And would I be able to look at the rte and bbc text like I can on my ten year old Samsung.
    My Samsung has digital text I think.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

kala85 wrote: »
    Is there teletext on the lg oled cx series.

And would I be able to look at the rte and bbc text like I can on my ten year old Samsung.
    My Samsung has digital text I think.
    Hi Kala85.

Thanks for the post.

You can still access Teletext like services such as the Weather/News/Lotto when Red Button + is activated. However, the service only works if your TV or set-top box is connected to the internet. In short, the new version of Teletext is only viewable if the TV is connected to the internet.
    The old style was switched off in 2012 with the digital switch over.

The Text button on the LG remote will access this on stations where it is available.

It will at some point be switched off as the BBC was meant to end their support in 2020 but changed their mind last minute.

I hope this is of help.

Any questions please let me know,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Hi Kala85.

Thanks for the post.

You can still access Teletext like services such as the Weather/News/Lotto when Red Button + is activated. However, the service only works if your TV or set-top box is connected to the internet. In short, the new version of Teletext is only viewable if the TV is connected to the internet.

The Text button on the LG remote will access this on stations where it is available.

It will at some point be switched off as the BBC was meant to end their support in 2020 but changed their mind last minute.

I hope this is of help.

I have a smart Samsung TV that I bought in 2013.
    On rte I can press the text button and it brings up the text with today's irish headlines and news etc. This rte text is like digital text that is on the BBC.

Can I get the rte text on the lg cx series and if so what buttons do I press.

Where is the text button on the lg cx remote.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Kala85.

Thanks for the post.

I hope this is of help.

I have a smart Samsung TV that I bought in 2013.
    On rte I can press the text button and it brings up the text with today's irish headlines and news etc. This rte text is like digital text that is on the BBC.

Can I get the rte text on the lg cx series and if so what buttons do I press.

Where is the text button on the lg cx remote.
    Hi Kala85,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm not 100% sure if the RTE Teletext service is on the OLED CX series - I have been doing a bit of reading and RTE used the Aertel text service but it looks like it was shut down in 2019.

There is a Text button on the older LG remotes but not on the magic remote - you would need to press the red button for this service.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Hi Kala85,

I'm not 100% sure if the RTE Teletext service is on the OLED CX series - I have been doing a bit of reading and RTE used the Aertel text service but it looks like it was shut down in 2019.

There is a Text button on the older LG remotes but not on the magic remote - you would need to press the red button for this service.

Kind regards

David

Is there a magic remote I can get with the text button.

Hi Kala85,

Kind regards

David

Is there a magic remote I can get with the text button.
    Hi kala85,

The old LG ANMR18 magic remote does have a text button on it but I'm not sure if it would be compatible with the 2020 models of TVs as it was only compatible with the 2018 models.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi kala85,

The old LG ANMR18 magic remote does have a text button on it but I'm not sure if it would be compatible with the 2020 models of TVs as it was only compatible with the 2018 models.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Does the lg oled text function work with bbc freesat.

Can you check please

Thanks for getting back to me kala85 and apologies for the delay replying - Boards has been down for a while.

I will have a look into this for you but i believe BBC has moved all of their text services to the Red Button.

Kind regards

David

Does the lg have the red button. Will it work on that.

Would love to know if it works on rte.

Hi Kala85

The LG remote does have the red button and the text work fine in the UK but I'm not sure about how it operates within the South Of Ireland for RTE.

I'll see if I can drop LG an email to check and revert if and when they get back to me.

(It has been taking some manufacturers a little longer to respond these days).

You could also maybe drop LG a little mail yourself and that way we are trying on 2 front to get the answer.

Any further update on this

• Advertisement

Hi Kala85,

We haven't heard anything back from LG on this unfortunately.

I'll see if we can chase this asap.

Kind regards

David

Hi Kala85.

Got to speak with someone from LG tech support.

What they say is that it should/might work as long as RTE operate a red button or text service.

However they can not confirm 100% that it will work as it is down to how RTE broadcast and they are more familiar with the UK services from the BBC etc....

They say you would need to check with RTE to see if their broadcast would have this function/feature.

Sorry I can't get any further info on this, with being located here in Belfast I can not try this out myself unfortunately.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.