Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live TV games

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,072 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

agfasfos wrote: »
    A Sky Sports Subscription needed this year...wasn't the case last year. If you were a Sky customer in 2020 the GAA was free to air on Sky:confused:
    Last year they put them on Sky Sports Mix because of COVID.
    As everything was up in the air.

Sky's reasoning for GAA is as follows.
    It's worth their while paying for the rights because enough people hold on to their sub during the summer, the soccer off season.

But since last year's championship was in winter, that buiness model was out the window, plus it was overlapping with the soccer season they had to put it on the mix channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

billyhead wrote: »
    Why do I pay my licence fee with Limerick v Cork not on rte. Joke.

Yes because that exactly what the license fee is for, just that one match in Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭wackokid

Yes because that exactly what the license fee is for, just that one match in Munster

AFAIK it's being shown on RTE 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

wackokid wrote: »
    AFAIK it's being shown on RTE 2.

Hes talking about the Championship game thats just being shown on sky, not the league game on rte tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Some game on TG4 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭billyhead

The problem is not many Limerick or Cork fans can afford Sky. Pubs will be closed for indoor drinking and limited numbers will be allowed to attend. As a Limerick supporter I am eagerly looking forward to this game and I can't even watch it on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

The Now TV is savage value in fairness. I have it nearly 2 years and have never paid the full whack, if you don't renew they always come back with an offer. The Sky is a bit heavy on soccer whichI wouldn't really follow but great selecrion of Gaa, rugby, NFL etc

billyhead wrote: »
    The problem is not many Limerick or Cork fans can afford Sky. Pubs will be closed for indoor drinking and limited numbers will be allowed to attend. As a Limerick supporter I am eagerly looking forward to this game and I can't even watch it on TV.

Well tough, but there is a TV deal, RTE just can't show whatever game they want, you could buy a sky sports pass for €10, the price of 2 pints

The Now TV is savage value in fairness. I have it nearly 2 years and have never paid the full whack, if you don't renew they always come back with an offer. The Sky is a bit heavy on soccer whichI wouldn't really follow but great selecrion of Gaa, rugby, NFL etc

Any decent offers at the moment? I havent looked into it yet but will def be getting it for 3 months anyway

Any decent offers at the moment? I havent looked into it yet but will def be getting it for 3 months anyway

I bought the stick in Lidl at Christmas, e25 for the stick and a months free Sky movies and Sky sports.
    So as well as the website check the likes of Lidl and they may have good offers.

• Advertisement

I bought the stick in Lidl at Christmas, e25 for the stick and a months free Sky movies and Sky sports.
    So as well as the website check the likes of Lidl and they may have good offers.

Probably a stupid question but whats the benefit of the stick as opposed to just buying on the website and casting from phone/laptop which ive been doing for the past few years? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Probably a stupid question but whats the benefit of the stick as opposed to just buying on the website and casting from phone/laptop which ive been doing for the past few years? :o

Sometimes you get a few free months with a purchase of the stick

The stick is a device in itself, so just plug it into a HDMI port on a tv and off you go.
    Plus it has other apps on it, YouTube, RTE Player, Virgin Media Player, All 4 player, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+.
    So if you have a sub for any of those you can use the stick rather than their individual apps on a device.

The stick is a Roku stick branded by Now TV.
    Roku were one of the first to bring out the idea of streaming devices that you connect to a TV, so they have a pretty good pedigree in that area.

The stick is a device in itself, so just plug it into a HDMI port on a tv and off you go.
    Plus it has other apps on it, RTE Player, Virgin Media Player, All 4 player, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+.
    So if you have a sub for any of those you can use the stick rather than their individual apps on a device.

The stick is a Roku stick branded by Now TV.
    Roku were one of the first to bring out the idea of streaming devices that you connect to a TV, so they have a pretty good pedigree in that area.

Ok cheers. Usually just cast everything never really looked into these devices but sounds good, frees up the laptop and phone

I just noticed on a Lidl brochure that they are still selling the Now TV stick for €25 with a Sports and Movies bundle included.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭MacDanger

What matches are on TV this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭big_drive

I thought the €25 pass on GAA go covered championship games too? But I couldn't access Dublin v Antrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

big_drive wrote: »
    I thought the €25 pass on GAA go covered championship games too? But I couldn't access Dublin v Antrim.

It does but for some reason not on the app, need to access through website!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭big_drive

Thanks. Strange alright

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Thanks for that. That's not clear at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Yeah there seems to be something wrong with the app, I was the same, have the pass but the app was looking for me to pay for games today. I got in fine on the laptop in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 8,495 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I know Channel 7 (Australia) used to show live GAA games for free in Australia... Has that day gone as I see nothing on their schedule for this coming weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,659 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I know Channel 7 (Australia) used to show live GAA games for free in Australia... Has that day gone as I see nothing on their schedule for this coming weekend?

Think GAAGO is the only option outside Ireland/UK

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

Anyone know what's the minimum length contract for sky sports?

Sky directly don't offer 1 day passes do they?

Absolute joke that if a games on sky GAAGo doesn't have the rights to stream it.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

• Advertisement

1 day costs a tenner, look around there are usually deals and codes for monthly passes, got my current month for €15

Advertisement