Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm so bad with change and this is no different, muddling my way through, things will become more 'normal' as time goes on..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Congrats Grem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Firstly, massive congratulations, Grem. Good news is always welcome 🙏

Welcome back, Dave. I missed your photos.

I'm really disappointed and anxious over this new site. Firstly there's too much white,it actually hurts the eyes.

Can we go dark mode?

Second, it's very hard to actually see what user is posting because the usernames are tiny.

I can't see who has thanked posts by clicking on the number of thanks.

I'm going to struggle with this 😐

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's all being worked on PM, there's a feedback thread. Niamh did say it would take time when it went live, but there's more issues than they thought it seems.

The glare is very hard on the eyes, I've turned down the brightness on my phone but there's too much white.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

How come we can't see who is mod?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Lovely to see everyone gradually make their way back to "Wherer's"

Watching a telly excellent documentary about Oscar Wilde and it's coming up to the inevitable point of his self destruction. It's very, very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Thanks girl.

I had to squint to know it was you posting though!

To thine own self be true

I can see usernames clearly, are you using the desktop version on your phone?

I can't, what version should I use on phone and how do I change? Usernames are tiny. Help.

Bedside, tired, taking a half day tomorrow, delighted with the good weather, trying not to complain about the heat, plenty hydration needed ahem...Mam ,I hope you're watering the pampas. 😉

It's supposed to be responsive! You have to change the site from desktop to touch in your browser settings.

If you're on Android go to the 3 dots on the top right and select desktop or cancel it. I'll check the feedback thread to find out what to do if you have an iPhone. I think it's a big A and little a or something.

• Advertisement

I'll play around with it tomorrow, thanks for that, it all seems slow , maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it all, I'm off to sleep.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's a pea souper out there, well in the west..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all 😊 This site is going to take some time getting used to, like others have said I can barely see usernames and can’t see who thanked or who’ve I’ve thanked posts

I'd expect most things to be ironed out pretty quickly *crosses fingers tightly*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

if they use a larger font for user names, that left side box extends across the page, so the comment box becomes tiny. Guess we shall have to have patience and let them work it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, Nespresso time, Car show time and countdown to days off :):):)

Pints on me lads, woke up to my bank account being gloriously swollen due to my redundancy payment 👌

Other than that...the site has kind of knocked back my usage time..I know there are kinks being ironed out... but it just doesn't look good on phones, and that's not going to change.

I think instead of being on for an hour or so, browsing threads and fora....I'll log in once or twice a day and just read new posts & then leave...and a few people seem to agree with me on that point...

On another point, Olivia Coleman is filming 250m from my house these times 😂

Ooh Dave make a meeting between me and the lovely Olivia happen please please pretty please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside, stunned at the pictures and news coming out of Germany.

Sorry for bringing down the mood, but the magnitude of those floods is only now beginning to sink in...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Awful. And they seem to have taken people completely by surprise.

It's not so much that. The part of Germany that got hit is notorious for being a severe weather hotspot. The get flooded about every five to ten years and have adapted to that. It's just that the scale of this particular disaster is so far beyond anything we've seen before.

Entire villages effectively wiped off the map, over a hundred fatalities with nearly 2000 people missing, complete communications breakdown, no drinking water in some cities, a major fuel pipeline has been damaged, German army units put under local control because the ministry of defence can't handle all the requests for assistance. I've seen some severe floods in my time, namely the 2002 and 2013 floods, but this is just beyond anything we'd have ever expected in Germany. And the numbers are still climbing by the hour...

Good God, Thomil! That is an absolutely horrific catastrophe! I knew it was bad but you really put it in perspective for me. Hope all of your loved ones are safe.

I don't have any living relatives anymore, so that's at least some worry off my back. I have quite a few friends who have family in the affected areas though.

Makes you glad to be in Ireland, to be honest. Even severe weather over here is mostly pretty mild.

Ya duuuurty minx! 🤣🤣

Thomil, your post really puts our complaints about the weather into context. I can't even imagine that devastation here.

My gifs aren't filling the post box but that might be due to my phone and operating system.

I have to go all the way in to town just for an hour thing and then back home again. Earlier I was of a mind to cancel but no. Sure lookit it's not like I'd rather avoid 5pm city traffic. That's good craic.

We are all back anyways 😊

• Advertisement

Thomil, only this morning even aware of it, amazed how little reporting I saw when I saw the magnitude of the disaster

Advertisement