Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

bazz26 wrote: »

Nice spec on it but strong money, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Ohhh we're back 😀

A week is a long time in motoring. The above TCR was sold a few days ago. The guy who had it traded for a new CS with all the bells and whistles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

We were down so long I'm surprised no deliveries were made!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

New touch site is.....awful.

I'm not sure if anyone has spotted this or enquired about this but there's a Clubsport S for sale up in Dublin. How much are we thinking this would be?

https://www.carsireland.ie/2881143

• Advertisement

I reckon, €55-60k.

They're still making big money in the UK, circa £30-35k depending on mileage.

There's one on Autotrader for £41.5k with 16k miles. Did any sell new here?

Not likely unfortunately. My CS’s build week has come and gone. Latest update is there’s a 3-4 week delay across the board due to the semi conductors problem. This is from VW Ireland and tbh I don’t have a great deal of faith in the info that comes from them

could be a 221 reg at this rate, assuming I don’t lose patience.

Never sold new here. Only 150 RHD cars were sold in the UK. For around 30k. Now as you say they’re fetching 40k+.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Clubsport S has no back seat, so should be classed as a commercial......😋

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Off topic.

Am I the only one finding the new format slower and less user friendly than the old one?

Yeah I think it’s terrible. Can’t find anything. All old bookmarks are broken. I can’t tell what threads have new posts… a proper mess. I’m sure it’s being discussed at length elsewhere though!

Yep, seems terribly difficult to navigate the site compared to the old one.

€60k for the Clubsport S but apparently they aren't selling due to the VRT possibly being lower next year according to the dealer. They got stung a bit with the VRT it seems and thought it would be lower.

Disaster mate.

Ive not reached out to the dealer on my end, at this rate I'm expecting September/October which is LTE enough and I'd be considering a 221 as well if it's October or later.

Ah it is what it is. I’d probably still take it if it landed in October but any later and you’d be thinking about 221.

Ya that's the thing, I'm looking for a concrete date so I can sell the ST private.

I dont mind being without a car for a week or two but if I sold now on the basis of an August delivery I'd be knackered waiting another 6-8 weeks.

Assuming it sold that quickly of course. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Zurbaran

I’m thinking even October would be too late in the year for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Even if it was October I'd take it. You might at least get to enjoy it in some half decent weather. January is a crap time to collect a new car, they get constantly filthy.

• Advertisement

3 months is a long time for it to be sitting around on a dealer forecourt. Life is short. I’d take it in October. Mid-November onwards I’d probably think twice.

I’m not used to buying new but would have thought you’d lose out by not waiting the 2 and a half months or so?

It depends. On the car. When you sell it on. The demand for that car (MK7 Golf R’s are going for insane money these days irrespective of reg plate). The finance arrangement/price on offer in October v January… multiple factors. If you’re happy to wait then wait I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I’ve had my my 7.5 GTi for a couple of weeks now and there’s a couple of things I’ve noticed. The first is that the soundakator is much quieter than it was in my mk 7 GTD, I thought it would be at least as loud. I know a lot of people don’t like them but I don’t mind it. I’ve checked with OBD11 and it’s set to 100% and there’s no faults so it’s still there and not plugged out by previous owner. I’m also wondering if it doesn’t kick in until much higher in the Rev range than the GTD and that’s the difference.

The second is that my digital cockpit is odd, it’s not a constant brightness across the entire screen. There are areas which seem dimmer to me. Has anyone else noticed this? I had the newer 10.5’’ digital cockpit on a Tiguan and it wasn’t like this.

Also put on Lockwood sill protectors this afternoon, happy that they’re protected now.

Very happy so far but haven’t had much of chance to drive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Having had my 2016 MK7 performance since march i noticed a lag low down from when i press the accelerator and when the power del kicks in especially around town and using on ramps i had toyed with the idea of going stage 1 map but instead i went for a accelerator pedal box to much amazement it transforms the car it feels so so much quicker of the line even though the power hasn't been increased it's by far the best mod i have done to any car i had for little money...i'm delighted with it

https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/products-overview/?key=DTUK+Pedal+Box

The below is from th uk gti forum, the poster is the manager of a vw garage. I know we sometimes get them quicker than the uk but this sounds bad either way.

“Hi Everyone,

Just a word of warning for anyone with a vehicle on order, we have been instructed to pass on a letter from VW about current and future delays for any new cars.

Also today I noticed we have some cars that have now got scheduled build weeks for next March/April 2022  

Delays could certainly break any previous records”

Sounds fun.

<<

>>

That's just going to push prices up even further of the few that come onto the second hand market. I see Frank Keane VW has a couple of ex demo regular Mk8 GTis gone up for sale at just shy of 51k which is similar money to a brand new CS. I see the red CS in Lewis Motors has actually dropped by a grand to 52k in the last week or two. I'm surprised it hasn't sold before that given how hard it is to get a new one now.

Yeah it’s surprising that one is still hanging around. Competitive finance (or lack thereof) is the main reason I can think of. Lewis is also the 3rd seller of a very fresh car. Might put some off.

• Advertisement

There has to be a story behind that number of owners on such a new car.

Advertisement