Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amapola Flyg DUB-CFN

• 15-07-2021 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi all,

Don't see this posted this yet. No news or announcement yet. Got this information from Facebook Group.

It look like Amapola Flyg (Swedish Airline) will operate the PSO Route, DUB-CFN from Monday 26th July. 2 flights Daily using Fokker 50.

Fare start from €55 one way.

https://www.amapola.nu

Another excuse to ride to CFN on these rare airliner of Fokker 50. I think it the last airline in Europe to have them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Looking at the times, it's fine for Donegal folks day-tripping Dublin, but utterly useless for anyone hoping to go the other way round. I wonder why they decided to schedule both DUB-CFN flights are in the afternoon....

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,539 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Isn't the primary purpose of the PSO service to facilitate people in Donegal who need to go to Dublin for hospital appointments etc.?

Facilitating day trippers from Dublin would come a distant second I suspect.

Also, given that the crew aren't flying any other route (unlike presumably the Stobart crews), they're clearly maximising the crew flying hours in the afternoon with the three flights with the single return flight next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭3d4life

"go to Dublin for hospital appointments"

Isnt there a lot going on with NHS @ Derry WRT this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭pauraic1990

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The times have been useless for doing business in Donegal from Dublin since Stobart got it - the Loganair Saab ops were fine for this, and I used it as such.

Will definitely make use of this because the F50 is a hard to bag type these days; and I do have legitimate family reasons to use it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

It was only €35 under Stobart so €55 is a bit steep.

Having both DUB-CFN flights within a few hours of each other in the late afternoon / early evening is annoying as well, fine if you fly down in the morning and just need to spend a few hours in the city but for anyone over-nighting or needing to travel the other way its awkward having to waste a day sitting around waiting for the flight up.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I'm sure DUB day trippers are not a priority.

Equally, though, I'd have thought that anything that fills seats would be welcome.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Advertisement