Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childrens Play Area

Options
  • 06-07-2021 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I'm looking to make a section of the garden into a children's play area. The area floods badly each winter and want to replace the grass.
    What would people recommend that doesn't cost huge amount.
    Area is about 30m2

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

I put in about 35sqm of artificial grass for a play area. Did it DIY, cost about €1100 (wood for frame, hardcore and quarry dust for base and grass).

I put down mypex and then a few tonnes of wood chip. Edged with cobble lock flush with the lawn. Cost me about 250e in total. Worked out really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We put down weed membrane and 100mm deep of clean stone chippings. Just plain chippings, 12 years done and looks perfect, think it cost about €150 all done

it’s clean and dries off quickly after rain.

I find bark mulch etc gets dirty and mushy after a while.

It depends on the grade of mulch you use, but if you clear off the top layer and move it to a bed every few years it will stay fresh and in good nick. Wood chip is clean and dries very quickly.

Advertisement