Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trainee Solicitor Support Group

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

Lallers96 wrote: »

Just the birth cert needs to be certified. Transcripts don't because they've got your college stamps all over it and have multiple identifying features that would be hard to fake. You can however get a copy of your degree certified (as in the parchment). Basically anything that is a copy, needs to be certified to be a true copy. Anything that's an original doesn't need to be.

Thanks Lallers

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

BigSprogs wrote: »
    I'm sitting my last FE1s in October, but the deadline for PPC Hybrid applications is October 1st. How am I to include a letter saying I passed all 8 FE1s when I'll not get that letter till after the deadline? I'm guessing there's something obvious I'm missing.

They can accept late applications but there's a late fee of 50 euro. However if you're looking to get into the Hybrid this year and you won't be getting your results for the last FE1s until nearly December when the Hybrid course begins, then I don't see how you could start in 2021. There's very limited places on the Hybrid so I wouldn't bank on getting in that late because, as you probably already know, the FE1 section cannot be relied upon to get things done on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 law247

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of the small practice traineeship grant? Is it difficult to get? I know there's only 5 available and I was wondering if many firms apply. Thanks!

Has anyone ordered their iPad yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

neon123 wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered their iPad yet ?

Yeah I’ve no idea how

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Yeah I’ve no idea how

I just emailed them and told them which one I wanted, I got an extension for my application as I only got my result on tues so I was worried I'd get stuck with one of the really expensive ones! I emailed the trainee section and cc'd ipad@lawsociety.ie

They havnt responded to not 100% sure if that will work 🀣🀣

Yeah I’ve no idea how

I’m trying to use the below link which asks for an iPad to be selected but there is nothing to choose. I left my application into the LS at the end of June so perhaps we have to be officially registered for the PPC for the options to appear. I’m going to email them anyway with my preference just to be safe.

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Trainees/PPC-Courses/Trainee-iPads/

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

neon123 wrote: »
    I’m trying to use the below link which asks for an iPad to be selected but there is nothing to choose. I left my application into the LS at the end of June so perhaps we have to be officially registered for the PPC for the options to appear. I’m going to email them anyway with my preference just to be safe.

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Trainees/PPC-Courses/Trainee-iPads/

Yeah link doesn’t work for me either

Might email also

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

Yeah link doesn’t work for me either

Might email also

Yeah I’m getting the same - no products coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 47 starfishxxo

Anyone have any insights/recommendations on the ipad options? Would the 32gb generally be enough storage?

• Advertisement

I know nothing about ipads but if they're anything like iphones I'd pay a bit extra for more storage tbh. You'll only end up paying that icloud extra storage otherwise.

Then again I have zero clue what applications will be required for PPC, and how many files you'd need to have on the iPad so maybe you could get by with 32GB. All I know is 32GBs is not a whole lot these days.

Anyone have any insights/recommendations on the ipad options? Would the 32gb generally be enough storage?

I was told to get the next one up that the 32gb isn't great, I can't see the options so i just requested a 64fb one via email

Thanks. Yeah, I was considering upgrading to option 2 or 3 for more storage.
    awsah wrote: »
    I was told to get the next one up that the 32gb isn't great, I can't see the options so i just requested a 64fb one via email

You can see the list of upgrade choices if you scroll down to the bottom of the page
    https://www.lawsociety.ie/Trainees/PPC-Courses/PPC1/

Thanks. Yeah, I was considering upgrading to option 2 or 3 for more storage.

You can see the list of upgrade choices if you scroll down to the bottom of the page
    https://www.lawsociety.ie/Trainees/PPC-Courses/PPC1/

Oh thanks a million, I see the one I selected does not exist so I emailed them there again and asked them to confirm that they will accept the request via email

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

To be fair the application deadline has only just passed. I’m sure we’ll be told when they want us to confirm iPad choice

To be fair the application deadline has only just passed. I’m sure we’ll be told when they want us to confirm iPad choice

They want it confirmed by July 9th, it says it must be done by that date

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

They want it confirmed by July 9th, it says it must be done by that date

Oh wow, how have you come to have your login details already? Thanks for the heads up

Oh wow, how have you come to have your login details already? Thanks for the heads up

I dont but its on the ppc1 page that it just be selected by the 9th, they might extend it if noone has access to it yet

I imagine the LS will be in touch once they process the PPC applications, but if anyone who emailed does get a reply accepting their selection would be grateful if you could let us know here :)

I imagine the LS will be in touch once they process the PPC applications, but if anyone who emailed does get a reply accepting their selection would be grateful if you could let us know here :)

They got back to me and said the registration for ipad is after July 9th

the website says before so that is where the confusion lies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭holliek

They got back to me and said the registration for ipad is after July 9th

the website says before so that is where the confusion lies!

Yeah I got the following:

Many thanks for your email.

According to our records we have received your application. Once it is checked and registered you will receive acknowledgement correspondence.

A part of the PPC course, everyone is entitled to an i-pad. You will also be able to register for this after the 9th of July

holliek wrote: »
    Yeah I got the following:

Many thanks for your email.

According to our records we have received your application. Once it is checked and registered you will receive acknowledgement correspondence.

A part of the PPC course, everyone is entitled to an i-pad. You will also be able to register for this after the 9th of July

Great, thanks for letting us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

Looks like we can post again! has anyone heard anything back about the small firm grant?

Does anybody know yet if Blackhall will be back to full capacity and in-person this September? I understand the government haven't been clear on anything lately but it's around the corner.

They have updated information on the LS website, its going to be a mix of in class and online, time table should be out in the next couple of weeks

Some people got an email saying it was 3 days in person and 2 online but I’d say it could all change again given the situation atm

Has anyone been able to access timetable for ppc1 that was released yesterday?

It’s out now !!

• Advertisement

Advertisement