Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Millbrea surgery in Stranorlar is offering Pfizer vaccines next Thursday to anyone who is 25+ and is registered to that practice.

On their Facebook page there's a portal to book. If you're not registered as a patient at that practice they will turn you away. No point chancing your arm if you're not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Got a text earlier to say I will get my second dose of AZ next Thursday which will be exactly 9 weeks since getting the first. Cant wait!

Only little downside is the AZ vaccine provides the least protection out of all the available vaccines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,188 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's 2 or 4 weeks after the second dose that you're classed as fully vaccinated?

I should hopefully get the text for my 2nd appointment for Moderna next weekend

2 weeks as far as I know.

Noticed some places serving food/drink in like tents or whatever and they look to be enclosed. I know they're outside the premises but how come they're allowed? Or is this like how when the smoking ban came in pubs just had smoking areas that had the minimum amount of open air?
    I'm happy businesses have found a way to open and keep busy but just curious if it's a loophole or I'm just missing something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Donegal apparently has highest incidence rate of cases in country again. Not surprised if Brewery at weekend was anything to go by. Met up with a couple of work crowd for someone leaving, thought it was going to be all masked and socially distanced, etc. It was packed to the rafters in the beer garden area out the back, not a mask in sight, just like any other chaotic crowd on a night out before all this carry on started, including stupid moronic fighting out the front too. Felt uncomfortable and left soon as I could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭lc180

redt0m wrote: »
    Felt uncomfortable and left soon as I could.

I saw a video from the Bewery last week and it looked waaaaay too hectic for my liking. I'm meeting someone later for a quick catch-up. Did you find somewhere in town that wasn't mad busy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Donegal apparently has highest incidence rate of cases in country again. Not surprised if Brewery at weekend was anything to go by. Met up with a couple of work crowd for someone leaving, thought it was going to be all masked and socially distanced, etc. It was packed to the rafters in the beer garden area out the back, not a mask in sight, just like any other chaotic crowd on a night out before all this carry on started, including stupid moronic fighting out the front too. Felt uncomfortable and left soon as I could.

still about half what it was in may though !

Figures today show Letterkenny has the highest positivity return rate per test at 11%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Same story at The Orchard, was there all Saturday evening and 'table service only' quickly turned into ordering at the bar with everyone crammed together queueing and mostly maskless.

We booked a table in advance but more and more people showed up as the evening went on and were crammed in anywhere with an inch of space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Hear that Covid cases have risen again in North Donegal - two weeks after the bused protest to Dublin. Who knows if there is a strong link but it seems likely at least to be a contributory factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Furze99 wrote: »
    Hear that Covid cases have risen again in North Donegal - two weeks after the bused protest to Dublin. Who knows if there is a strong link but it seems likely at least to be a contributory factor.

Far more likely that "delta variant" and northern pubs being fully open are more of a factor than the protest.

Also average time from infection to symptoms is much less than 2 weeks, we would have seen the impact much sooner (if there was one)

If it is mainly coming from people hopping over the border to have indoor food and pints that makes the decision to hold off on that here sound like a better decision.

All 3 posts above moved from Mica thread to here. No idea why they were posted there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

muffler wrote: »
    All 3 posts above moved from Mica thread to here. No idea why they were posted there

To vilify the protesters?

timmyntc wrote: »
    Far more likely that "delta variant" and northern pubs being fully open are more of a factor than the protest.

Also average time from infection to symptoms is much less than 2 weeks, we would have seen the impact much sooner (if there was one)

I support the protests obviously but it takes a while for cases to seed and spread, two weeks after it would be spot on regarding that. Would just be small increases before that so it could go unnoticed. 4/5 hours on packed buses up and down would be easy to spread. RTE news showed a bus packed, barely anyone wearing a mask and a woman singing with a guitar on the day of the protest which had left from Donegal. Wouldn't be hard for it to spread in that scenario.

The North being open and delta being more widespread there obviously has an impact but you can't discount the protests as having a detrimental impact as well just because we support the cause. Its not blaming anyone either, its just a reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,431 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

electoral area data backup on https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

SW Donegal 49.1 per 100k
    Glenties 87.8 per 100k
    milford 116.2 per 100k
    lifford stanolar 189.3 per 100k
    letterkenny 231.6 per 100k
    carndonagh 489.3 per 100k
    buncrana 608.1 per 100k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

electoral area data backup on https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

SW Donegal 49.1 per 100k
    Glenties 87.8 per 100k
    milford 116.2 per 100k
    lifford stanolar 189.3 per 100k
    letterkenny 231.6 per 100k
    carndonagh 489.3 per 100k
    buncrana 608.1 per 100k

The mica trip to Dublin must be a contributing factor to these numbers not withstanding the cross border element. I'd say over two thirds of the attendees outside the Dept of an Taoiseach building had no masks on by the end of the event. Add in the good old sing song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

The mica trip to Dublin must be a contributing factor to these numbers not withstanding the cross border element. I'd say over two thirds of the attendees outside the Dept of an Taoiseach building had no masks on by the end of the event. Add in the good old sing song.

Just think if some of the politicians and even our own local agriculture minister had come to meet the people properly and listen to them seriously and really fight for them in Dublin there would of been no need for a March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Just think if some of the politicians and even our own local agriculture minister had come to meet the people properly and listen to them seriously and really fight for them in Dublin there would of been no need for a March.

Absolutely. Just pointing out the obvious. I was there myself. I didn't take my mask off and tried to keep my distance. Unfortunately while distance etiquette couldn't be maintained people should have kept their masks on.

• Advertisement

It might be safe to post here again

Yep, I got my second jab on Tuesday so they were able to reopen the site to me again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Neighbours both got their second jab 2 weeks ago tested positive for covid after been in contact with their son who had it

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Moragle

Most of the vaccines bar Pfizer take 14 days to give you immunity, 7 days for Pfizer. So you're still at risk until the 14 days pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Yes, it's unfortunate. But the fact they have had their vaccines should hopefully protect them from reacting very badly and ending up in hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭Nollog

Did they have bad symptoms?

I've had one vaccination so far myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭Nollog

North Inishowen now has the highest Covid 19 incidence rate in the country at almost 2,000 cases per 100,000 people.

South Inishowen is the second highest with a rate of just over 1,200.

• Advertisement

and did I read that Donegal has the highest incidence rate?

Advertisement