Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus Pandemic Information- Local and Worldwide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭yosemitesam1

tanko wrote: »
    Is that the Pakastani one?

Peru I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

How would it be Lambda?
    Epsilon is the next letter...
    You can't just go skipping 6 letters of the alphabet lads ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Lambda variant on the way now.

Maybe afrer L theyll go for M, Monaghan, Mayo and Meath ye may stick yere name in the hat.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭green daries

jaymla627 wrote: »
    [HTML][/HTML]

By that logic the sale of alcohal and tabacoo should be immediately banned, why should we be accepting these deaths either, both kill multiples of covid and the flu combined year in year out

That's a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Got my second Pfizer last Friday. All good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

Getting my second on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

780+ cases yesterday, expected to be 1000+ today.

Well and truly in the beginning of another wave now.

hospitalisation and ICU numbers rising but not as before due to the protection of the vaccination program.

one wonders at loosening restrictions at the beginning of another wave but I’d say we’re locked into that decision now.

Delighted to be fully vaccinated, slight worry about herself as it’s expected health staff protection is weaning off at this stage, likely top up jabs will be needed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Met a fella through work today not faraway from retirement at all and looking as healthy as ive seen him in a long long time as he was looking very shook this time last year but picked up greatly since last Autumn. He wasnt his usual self today so i got chatting to him and asked how he was doing these days? He said he wss f#cked, run down, no craic in him at all and just a complete lack of energy ever since he got the second shot, he also mentiloned another fella wed know throuh work who was hospitalised after his first shot too. Hes the first person ive met now whos got the jab and advised me against getting it, he said i should have a choice, f#ck anyone telling you to get it and im a young man tid be a long life to live out like the way he is now.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

You do have a choice - you can decide to get vaccinated or not and it's up to you what you decide to do. It's not like your going to get fined if haven't got it. Although afaik if you want to travel far and yonder then you will need the EU vaccine cert thingie.

Eldest in Melbourne (27yo) is very hesitant about getting it. Youngest in Scotland (25yo) got his first vaccine (Pfizer) last Saturday - his job requires him to be vaccinated as he has to interact with the public.

The covid tracking app now allows you to store your covid passport electronically on it

I couldn’t figure how to get it transferred without printing it, but I suppose I have a paper copy now too for my wallet

I really can’t see when I will use it though, we won’t be indoor dining or drinking in a pub for a while yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭riddles

Does anyone know the average age of people currently being hospitalised with Covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭jaymla627

The hse dont know themselves at this stage, the IT meltdown of their systems is still been sorted out, they dont even have a recent figure for deaths due to covid, its quiet telling that they arent even bothering to manually verify the figures its a jokeshop

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

12 covid deaths in June and 1 so far in july

Ultimately if you've a bad reaction the blame is on you. No one will give two fcuks about you.

It's up to everyone to decide on their own perceived risk vs reward.

The few lads I'd know under 30 who've got either johnson or astrazeneca have been hit harder then covid would have hit them. Madness really...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

The whole point of this is that most under 40s don't go to the doctor or hospital unless there is something wrong with them. Therefore they haven't an idea if they have an underlying condition or not. I had a good friend 37 never with the doctor, broke his arm in the winter of 10-11, it was a bad break. When getting the arm fixed they found cancerous cells, dead within 3 months. When I went for the vaccine I had to answer I don't know to most of the questions.

Those same people under 40 who dont know that they have an underlying condition were exposed to covid over the last 18 months at pretty similar levels to the rest of the population.

They were a tiny proportion of serious cases and if we dont yet have the capacity to deal with them in our hospitals we have much more serious issues than covid

• Registered Users Posts: 21,408 ✭✭✭✭Water John

We'll see over the next 10 days the effects of Covid on younger people. Right now here we're in the middle of that experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Every time you get a new treatment it's an experiment, every body reacts different to everything, painkillers antibiotics etc . you just manup and take it if you want it, otherwise do without it.

As far as I'm concerned my lockdown is over, I was away all day today and tomorrow will be the same. biggest problem is getting somewhere to eat without queueing

• Registered Users Posts: 21,408 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Will have my quarantine completed next Friday and will then be out fully again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Read my last post on thread "Vaccinations, how are you getting on" for help with getting paper cert onto mobile phone.

Looking at emerging data on the Delta.

One wonders if we haven’t already lost control.

Covid is supposed to be at its weakest in hot weather, what if this is the Delta Variant at its weakest 😱

They are saying it has a shorter incubation period and hosts shed at 1000x than previous variants. Vaccinated people are just getting saturated with virus and so infected.

The most likely explanation of what is going on is that vaccinated people are every bit as likely to be carriers as unvaccinated but just not show symptoms in 90 whatever percent of cases.

As our testing structure is biased towards testing those who do have symptoms and those who are not vaccinated we do not see the true spread.

There is no real evidence to backup treating vaccinated people differently when it comes to testing/tracing or anywhere else where the "vaccine bonus" is given

The next item on the agenda Will be boaster shots that are juiced up against the delta variant, which the pzifer vaccince going of Isreali data only provides 65% protection against death/hospiliastin, of course by the time they are in peoples arms we Will have gone onto another variant, thats supposedly worse, science isnt going to outrun the virus mutation rate

Possibly not.

Does that mean we stop trying to minimise deaths and serious illness? , well we will see how that works out now as the U.K. have essentially given up on science.

This is the same virus family that gave us MERS, people are very casual talking about multiple variants turning up. The more we roll the dice, the more chance we will roll snake eyes !

We will see, India is fairly stable now, the ivermectin seemed to do the trick...

And yet the paper that was being widely quoted to support its use was withdrawn this week as it was shown to contain a raft of falsified data.

• Advertisement

It's also from the same family as the common cold... Has more similarities with a cold than mers also...

The more we try to minimise damage the worse we tend to make it. (But the more money for big business)

In the UK 24 people under the age of 18 have died from covid. Over 120 people under the age of 18 have committed suicide in the same period

Advertisement