Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to close account?

• 15-07-2021 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi, can you point me to where the close account option is? Thanks

Post edited by Spear on

Best Answer

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭smilerf

I'm going too

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Same here. Can’t find the option and would like to close and remove my personal data, as I can’t really use the site anymore.

Me four

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Make this a sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭con747

I can see a queue forming here the way the site has gone.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

What an absolute **** show of a revamp. Absolutely unusable. Like something our Taoiseach would dream up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭dmc17

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mooretaxi

A pain in the proverbial, spent the last hour trying to find the sections I've been following for years, I suppose all good things come to an end sometimes, if boards could ever have been called good, interesting maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭long_b

Bye now

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

I'm completely lost on this now. I followed a good few threads. Can't find any of them anywhere. Don't have a clue how to navigate this new site either. I would read threads daily but rarely post. But if things don't change then I'll be off as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

So how do you close your account?

i need to get away from this farce ASAP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Still looking for a way out! Reminds me of that film and the bar scene when the gangster says to the bikers,

"now yous can't leave"

Any help? ...... now I know what it would be like trying to leave the Scientologists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Why big song and dance about leaving!?

The new site is easy to navigate once you realise how. Just like anything really....

Can't trust them Canadians. Fook knows what they'll do with our data. Doubt they're subject to much GDPR; being foreign and all. I'll be expecting to be inundated with messages from all and sundry in the near future, being cynical and all. If anything like that happens, then I'm closing too.

Wonder what the protocol is (if the option ever comes available, that is 😏) for 'closing' one's account. Something like: "Can you close my account and anonymize all my posts please?" I saw manys the closed account (mainly banned tbf 😁) on the old site, and anyone could still link all their posts together. Would prefer to not have some marketer or bot being able to have that facilitee if I leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Snowflakes that can't deal with change.

God help you all as you go through life - you'll be throwing toys from your prams at every little bump in the road

If you don't like it, simply stop logging in. But leave the hysterical dramatics at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭con747

🙄

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

But it isn't change is it when your whole customer base are used a beta testers.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Jaysus lads, calm down. There still working on fixing everything and its getting better every few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭ratracer

Is it just me, or is the Touch site on iOS completely unworkable? Can't see anything on that?

• Advertisement

I would also like to know how to close my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Jesus wept, what a bunch of Karens!

I'm sure it took a lot of effort to upgrade Boards thus far, and it's not like you're paying actual money to use this site.

Any major IT update is NEVER wrinkle free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

oh the drama lol

One wonders how some people cope with real challenges if they seem to crumble with this change

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Drama ! Lol ! Just don't log in anymore. I wish to close my account work's with something you are paying for, You are not, It's free !

Boards or other users don't give a sh1te as your Girly Hissy fit is falling on 100% deaf ears. I eventually can find what I'm looking for but despite Boards being a disaster at the moment, I mosey about and find something to read anyway.

It's like going into the FREE Public Library and screaming ''I want to close my account''

Nobody gives a sh1t, Get a life and go outside and chat to people, It's quite nice ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Simple, ''Don't log in'', What part of that don't you understand ??. I will try to help you if I can but It's only 3 words......

Thats just about how Boards used to do it except they scrambled your password so no one could use it. Unfortunately legally that wasn't good enough so they had to create a system for closing accounts.

• Advertisement

I think you’ve to message for the data deletion thing.

Advertisement