Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mavic Aksium Elite Evo UST Disc Rear Hub Cassette Compatibility Query

• 16-07-2021 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Recently purchased a discounted (2020) Mavic Aksium Elite Evo UST Disc wheelset for upcoming winter training rides later in the year and when I was skimming through the user manual I noticed the following guidance that I haven't seen before:

Specifically I'm referring to diagram [06] [C] on the right. If I'm interpreting this correctly, it seems to suggest that the hub is not compatible with cassettes which comprise of mostly separate sprockets and spacers and instead you should use an (almost) single-piece cassette and lock-ring. Is this right? Any ideas why this might be? I have a mixture of 11-speed Shimano CS-R700/CS-5800 (105) cassettes at home - both of which consist of many separate sprockets and spacers - surely I must be reading this wrong?

For reference, the full manual can be found here (but doesn't provide any more detailed guidance):

https://tech.mavic.com/tech-mavic/technical_manual/data/docs/products/2_407.pdf

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,997 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i assume it just means install the large cluster first before fitting the smaller cogs? though if that's what it means, it *is* confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭AxleAddict

Yeah - I have to admit that this had crossed my mind too - but I'm not completely convinced. I may have to resort to contacting Mavic directly for clarification, but just wondering if there is a more knowledgeable boardsie than me who might be able to shed some light on it and save me the trouble.

Advertisement