Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

Has anyone experience of flying to Poland using the HSE vaccine card as proof of vacination?

I'm fully vaxed but still no sign of DCC despite calling the helpline.

Its not much but don't want to spend on an antigen test on the way over If I don't need to.

Similar question on the way back, will the airport desk in Poland let me on the plane with my vaccine card and will it be sufficient when I get to Dublin if asked. This would save me the guts of €100 on a PCR test.

Flying Sunday to Wednesday so have zero hope of receiving my DCC in that time period.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Mother got her DCC and the name on it doesn't match her passport (Full first name is on passport, DCC has shorthand version). Anyone know what the story is with that? Does it matter? If it does, can we get it changed?

Not flying out till end of August but she's worrying already!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

So it seems the Belgian govt are essentially anti vaxxers, my brother came to visit me in Spain and returned home to Belgium yesterday and the covid enforcers called him today to summon him for a test since Spain is a red zone.

This is with him fully vaccinated and using the DGC to pass through immigration yesterday.

We are f*cked.

F*CKED!

I don't know about Poland but in other EU countries seems you need a PCR even if you are fully vaccinated as my brother unfortunately found out today.

Clown world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Anyone know if the Canary Islands now require a PCR instead of antigen or PCR from today. Seems to have been a change where antigen is only listed for locals.

• Advertisement

No logic in that statement. You are labeling the entire eu requiring a pcr to enter because your brother was required to take a pcr later on, after being granted entry without a pcr. So in fact, no country to your knowledge actually requires a pcr like you suggest

I can say that Czech republic, slovakia and Spain 100% accepted an image of my vaccine card.

Point is , if one EU country is demanding someone get a PCR - even though they are fully vaccinated, what are the rules here ?

Can this happen in the rest of the EU?

I'd like things to be clear before I travel, it seems to be they are making it up as they go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Well someone's got that wrong somewhere along the line, here's the Belgian government information

1. "Are you travelling from a red zone in the European Union?
    • Do you have a vaccination or recovery certificate? You do not need to quarantine or get tested.

Your point is not valid at all and misleading to the person that sought advise.

A country where the RESIDENT entered from a red country had required a pcr test. 1 country, Belgium. This seems to have been an error as well.

You then decideb to advise a user "the eu appears to requires a pcr to enter".

Please, where did you get b from a? Or was it just misleading dramatics?

Thanks, i've emailed him that, lets see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

What does vaccinated mean into Ireland for Pfizer? Two doses plus seven days?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

So got onto HSE Live who have updated my record with an email address, they can't tell when the email will issue and told me to ring helpline back :( Anyone who did this were you waiting long for the email? I'm currently on hold again to Certificate Helpline 35 minutes and waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭inisfree0504

Did they have to 'make a case' for you to do this? Because, if so, there is no one to sign off on it until Monday they told me.

If it's any help to you, I just got an email back from the Spanish embassy who say: "Your HSE vaccination record is enough to enter Spain if you do not have your EU Digital COVID Certification, as long as you received your last vaccine dose 14 days before your traveling date. Remember to fill in your FCS in advance at https://www.spth.gob.es/

But please, check with the Irish government on your return, as they might still be requesting you a PCR test to enter back to Ireland: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b4020-travelling-to-ireland-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/"

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭inisfree0504

I'm not sure where you're travelling to, but see my post above - Confirmation from the Spanish embassy that the vaccine record card is ok.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just got through to Helpline, she said I should now get it tonight or tomorrow when the system runs. She asked who put the email in for me! I explained one of her colleagues told me to ring HSE Live to do it. But either way its in the system and please god it arrives. Travelling with smallies so want the least amount of hassle as possible. Will let you know if it arrives.

My worry is that my card from GP has no little QR sticker on it, whereas my husbands from MVC does? Hopefully they are ok, its just all new and a bit unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Does anyone know how long after getting your second dose do you get your digital cert? I'm sure it's been answered before, but can't find anything with this new layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

HSE says you're fully vaccinated 7 days after your second dose of Pfizer (not sure about others), however it seems to say 14 days after your second dose when entering Spain and the likes so I'd be interested to know if the DCC is active 7 days after your second dose of Pfizer?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

There is no living with covid plan older people want parmanent restrictions due in part to HSE limited capacity, so if young want to live from the 19th july fly we are all doomed here to restrictions for another year at least but at least the vaccines will give us freedom in NI UK and EU

NI is where its at for dining and bar indoor rep of ire will remain the outlier sad to say

I am fully vacced and going north tomorrow thx god we are not united

• Registered Users Posts: 39 skyway

Flying back to Ireland for a few weeks on Sun. Just to confirm - I need to present a negative PCR test result at the departure airport and/or the arrival airport? I took the test this morning so should have the result tomorrow.

I guess the authorities in Ireland won't accept the EU Covid Certificate until the official go-live date on Mon? Or has anyone heard if they are already accepting it?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Not sure Skyway I doubt it, you also need to fill in a passenger locator form.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 skyway

Yep, pc7, I have already filled in the passenger locator form.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

recovery of infection only valid for 180 days - was this or is this being changed to 270 days? ( 9 months )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭54and56

Can you link to where HSE says you're fully vaccinated 7 days after the 2nd dose of Pfizer? They told me 14 days when I got my 2nd jab and all the documentation I've seen refers to 14 days not 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,265 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Girlsmam

Thanks! I emailed them last week…must have had foresight! I got a similar response but I’m still nervous about travelling with the card only. We’re going on Monday to Spain & neither of us received the cert.

Zero help from the ‘helpline’

Answered in the post above, and has cleared it up, was half thinking of heading to Lanzarote on the 5th of August, I'd be just shy of the 14 days so would need an anti-gen/ PCR going to Spain but nothing coming back?

It is strange that Pfizer is the only one on the HSE website that says immune 7 days after second dose, the rest are 2 weeks, astra is 3 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 1sttime1

Thank you thats very helpful. Waiting on Jet2 to confirm that too so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Yeh we applied for them but because Spain was not demanding the cert, they said we would not be getting the temp cert! Fair enough on going out to Spain but not much use coming back.

Thanks for your response. Hopefully they'll accept the cards 🙂

Advertisement