Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cow with lumps on jaw and body

• 15-06-2021 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I got a cow with a lump on the jaw and body. Is this just ticks or something more serious?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭RD10

How big are the lumps?
    Can u show pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Fine Day

raher1 wrote: »
    Hi
    I got a cow with a lump on the jaw and body. Is this just ticks or something more serious?

I had a heifer with a more of a wart condition a few years ago. Mainly on face. Vet advised to factory her as it was getting quite bad. Was not fit to kill but was the best thing to do as she must of been uncomfortable. Hope we never see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭raher1

they are pretty big, they are on here shoulder aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Did you inject with copper? Could it be a prod from a blackthorn?

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I’ve seen lumps at the injection site. But OP is talking lumps on jaw and shoulder.

Id think a visit from the vet is in order. It’s possible this animal has a serious condition that needs treatment or perhaps as my wife’s family used to tell the kids, she needs to go to the factory get young again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Have a bullock here that developed lump on his jaw. Took no heed of it at first. It grew a bit but not massive. About 2 weeks ago at the trough I noticed it was oozing puss. It healed up itself and not bothering him in the slightest. As patsy suggested I'm thinking he probably got a prick from a thorn or something similar. Wont be bothering either way as he'll be hanging this time tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Charolois 19

Had a heffier here a couple of months ago got a fair sized lump on her jaw, threw her into the crush waiting on the vet, I landed her in a yellow bucket with a few nuts in it to keep her happy while we were waiting, well eating out of the bucket she burst it, puss every where, vet landed soon after reckoned it was probably a splinter from scratching, washed out with peroxide i think, never bothered her again

Advertisement