Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any locals know what this is all about?? Lyons of Limerick

• 16-07-2021 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭

Any locals know what this is about? The RR is parked just behind Lyons of Limerick on entrance to East way business park.

This wouldn't be good for Lyons of Limerick after sales service reputation.

Last time I was in Lyons of Limerick for an insurance estimate as a result of another driver hitting my mirror, they wanted a 90 euro fee for a printed quotation and to assess the damage (it was a broken mirror !!) I went over to Sheils for Value Ford/Honda in Limerick and they printed me a quotation free of charge and they were 75 euro cheaper for the exact same part number including labour.##

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

No but I would feel like doing the same if a garage messed me around.

All dealers are gangsters though in my mind, less you have to do with any of them the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Fairly standard for a RR, there fond of breaking down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

Yeh. The idea of buying a Range Rover and not expecting electric issues. Some of the (BMW) engines reliable. Gearboxes okish these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

As usual Honest John has it pretty much sussed (3/5);

Pity more potential buyers don't bother with a bit of a Google, and are simply wowed by Badge Snobbery.

edit; looks like it's the original buyer (from 2016) who has issues.As far as I can see LR were offering a 3 year /100k warranty on their Cars back then. Surely we're well past both those criteria now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I was hoping RR stood for Rolls Royce. They are probably as expensive to run as Range Rovers but look a lot classier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not really going to do much where it's parked assuming it's directed at Lyons, and there's another dealer closer to it than Lyons is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Comment_below

Lyons of Limerick are the nearest dealers, Ford Volvo and Jaguar Land Rover

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

On FB now, apparently the engine blew up and the garage just hung up the phone on them.

Obviously 2 sides to every story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Range Rovers are notorious for problems. In Australia, they say if you buy a Range Rover to go into the bush, make sure to also buy a Toyota Landcruiser to tow it back out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭peter4918

Looking at the Lyons of Limerick sticker on the back window, I think it’s safe to say it’s directed at Lyons!

• Advertisement

The D reg would be because it was registered to the finance company. Fairly common for the last 30 years.

If any problems were flagged to LR/Lyons within the warranty period they would still be covered under warranty, regardless of any failed attempts made by Lyon's to fix them.

The Finance company do not become the registered keeper just because they own the car! The Keeper or the applicant is the registered keeper and therefore all fines/parking tickets/logbook go to the registered keeper NOT the finance company.

Lyons of Limerick would be paid a lot less for warranty work therefore it wouldn't entice them to take warranty work over non warranty work.

Lyons of Limerick aren't known for their after sales service

Would you mind sharing what's on facebook by a screenshot or something? I'm not on FB

Ah here, would you prefer 'Leasing Company' ???

Regardless this particular vehicle has only had one registered owner from new.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Two sides to every story guys. I deleted a comment where the poster said the garage probably did this or that. That's not fair on the company, leave it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Comments are getting funny. It's posted EVERYWHERE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Obviously it's one person's word over a company's. I can't edit my post above?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Just sign up for facebook, it's not that difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

If that is true then a complaint should be made to the garda ombudsman's office to be investigated.

Or even better, get the press to investigate it. As long as I can recall, Garda cars have been serviced at the main dealers for the marque as contracted. But some work is outsourced out to other garages (e.g. bodywork might be subcontracted), but an FOI request by the media about what work is being done by which garage would shed a lot of light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Post removed from Buy and Sell website.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Guys, I wasn't getting any notifications of the reported posts, so i'd say neither were the other lads. The only reason I haven't given infractions is that I don't know how to on this new sits.

Cop on and stop with the whispers and innuendo. If you have facts, post them. If you've opinions that are libelous, take them elsewhere.

I thin this thread has run it's course. HOPEFULLY I can figure out how to lock it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement