Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Pulled Maehle now as well, and a serie A forward lapadula. All pretty decent. All came from 81x25 and 84x 20 swaps packs.

Maehle is very good. Great turn of pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Bought Lukaku for 277k tonight… then proceeded to go on one of my worst runs in ages. 7 games, 1W, 1D, 5L. Lukaku didn’t really do that much too… 3 goals and 2 assists. Feel like his positioning was awful… whenever I was ready for a cross, Lukaku was always outside the box.. will give it another few games tomorrow before deciding to sell or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,669 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

EA can fook off at this stage, did the summer stars SBC to use up an untradeable dupe Lapadula and i get an untradeable dupe Maehle :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ah hang on till the futties sbc where you can get otw cards 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

How are you using him? I watched Inceptions review of him and he recommended using him in a 2 striker formation rather than as a lone striker due to the work rate.

Personally, I using him as a lone striker in the 4-3-3(4) set up - with close support from ToTs Son and 93 Best and ToTs Benzema at CAM. Other than Best they are all off chem - Son (8), Lukaku (7) and Benzema (6) - as I’ve kept him as a CF rather than converting to CAM in case I want to use him as a ST from the off.

Played 13 games of Rivals with Lukaku and he got 19 goals and 9 assists so I got no complaints - mind you my bar is low as only in division 5, lol

• Advertisement

any else do correa? had a suspicion messi would get there in the end, he is a beast since the upgrade, running this team now

with a 5212 in game with the FB on balanced, i think ill swap Paredes and Aouar

Created the young fella’s separate profile and grinded out his icon swaps all week.

just did the 5 token icon moment and who did he pack?

moments Eusebio. Cue him running around screaming his head off in delight.

What are the odds of the same person pulling prime Eusebio on my account and then months later pulling the moments version. Something ridiculous I imagine.

Whoever said to get Puskas good call. He was banging in over a goal a game last weekend.

His stats are deceiving.

I was 8-2 last Friday, next thing I went 10-7 or 10-8 and didn't touch it since.

In two consecutive losses I conceded 4 goals in each game from a grand total of 9 shots on target.

Button lag, scripting..whatever you want to call it but just beyond irritating.

I didn't even log in for the rewards of last week.

Whenever I return I'll just tip away at Rivals anymore as the WL goes the same way every weekend and my team is pretty stacked as it is.

Yeah was using him in a 4312. Had Neymar/Bamba and Stoichkov up top with him. Missed a lot of 1v1 chances… could feel his pace alright and was a bit more nimble but still got easily pushed off the ball. Have him listed up anyway, taking a loss but I’d rather the coins and maybe do Saint-Maximin to replace him.

edit: market is crashing hard rn. Not sure I’ll even get to sell Lukaku. that player pick is mad value… got what IF Kante from my first.

Got Toty Ramos, KDB twice and young fella got Lewandowski.

gonna tip away at it and see what else comes out.

• Advertisement

Have done 5 of em myself - TOTGS Messi, WIF Kante and the rest were recycled back in. Club is completely empty now of all high-rated cards outside of my squad + bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Which player pick is this???

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

While Boards was down I packed this bad boy from the Summer Stars guaranteed sbc.

EDIT: Don’t know why it’s posted sideways haha.

It’s the futties one. It’s repeatable. 84 squad and 30 chem.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

TOTY Ramos from my first pick. Glad I didn’t do his SBC lol.

91 Kante from third pack. TOTY KdB from pack five. Awesome.

cycling through everything now, throwing in any special card I’ve not used for months.

we’re in the end game now, lol

I’m on the fence about throwing in the higher-rated specials I have… 88+. Just in case there’s a nice Futties card coming up. I did 2 of them with 3x 88+ and the rest <81 but can’t bring myself to do more like that.

It’s completely tanked prices.

toty Lewandowski is under 100k. Toty Ramos at 80k. Freeze Mane at 60k.

Yeah think I’ve decided I’m gonna sell Lukaku and use the funds to buy FS Fati to link with Messi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Went 11-0 last WL and lost interest in playing the rest. And of course EA give me a PIM Pele & PIM King Eric in the last 2 icon packs. I feel obligated to try and keep playing a few games each weekend. Done ASM as well.

Hope everyone has a cracking Saturday on the batter.

• Advertisement

amazon prime packs are available now

Ah, Futties Telles.

I'll do him cause I've got 1.9m in the bank that's going to waste, but I wish he'd popped up a few weeks back.

Also, LOL. "Celebrating his OTW". A card that got a grand total of zero upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

This is my team now, everyone on 10 chem except llorente on 7

switch to 4-1-2-1-2 ig with llorente in midfield and messi and eric upfront with iniesta at cam

rumour has it with getting moments Gullit sbc today, I really wanted to wait for R9 or r10 but I may just use up my fodder on something before the game is over so I’ll probably do gullit

If we get some nice upgrades, I’ll do Gullit too… throw my entire club into them.

id like to hold out for a Ronaldinho or Pele but Gullit will also be pretty good.

If I thought ronaldinho or Ronaldo was next Sunday I’d wait but the fact they’ve cut the new icons from 3 a time, to 2 at at time and now 1 means we’ll probably have to wait longer.

I imagine they’ll do zidane and cruyff before ronaldinho too.

the way they’ve handled icons this year means I’m unlikely to bother with fifa 22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Just the 25 squads needed to complete PIM Gullit. Doubt I would complete it by FIFA 25 lol

What’s a farce. 25 squads for Christ’s sake.

I’ll pass on gullit.

it’d take me an entire night to complete all those squads and apparently we’re getting a renato sanches objective player that we can upgrade like the mendy and bruno objectives last year.

so sanches will probably be close to gullits level anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭dmigsy

14-2 again. Enjoyable WL. Di Maria is as good as I hoped. Cavani is a bargain. A goal per game, 8 assists and 9 MoM performances from the 16 games. Don't come across many people using him but he's so good for me.

• Advertisement

Renato is so good in this game, I have played his fut birthday card every game since I did him, an uprated version will be a beast.

Advertisement