Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housing developments in Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

hi! wrote: »
    Ridiculous money to be living in Kilcock. Miss out on the HTB with that one

True about the HTB although the same type house are selling for from 475. I still think the 460 is better value. the difference between that and the new one is 15k. the htb is 30k. everything else is done in the 460 one so ur ready to move in. Regardless of living in Kilcock.

A much smaller house in royal meadows that once upon a time had pyrite went sale agreed for 515k a few weeks ago. I was bidding on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

You may look further afield maybe Millerstown or Ledwill in Kilcock

I know they're not that far away but have our hearts set on Maynooth - just so little on the market 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

The Joycer wrote: »
    I know they're not that far away but have our hearts set on Maynooth - just so little on the market 😖

I'm Maynooth born and bred so I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dhannon84

Anyone know when next phase of Lyreen Lodge will come available and when they'd likely be completed?

I'm at sale agreed and so desperate for a house I'd like to come available in Maynooth - ideally on other side of town like Parklands, etc but could make an exception for Lyreen Lodge.

If anyone's living there how are you finding it?

We were on the waiting list for Mullen Park phase 2. Got the email from Sherry about the investor group and were really disappointed. Our hearts were set on a new build in Maynooth. We asked Sherry about similar upcoming properties and were told about Lyreen Lodge, although they apparently aren’t available until end of year according to the estate agent - the main problem for us is the price is *substantially* more the Mullen Park, 525-575 for a 4 bed semi versus 410 for a 4 bed semi in Mullen Park. We’re on a list for cancellations for the 4 bed Raheen but warned not to get our hopes up. We were told that they’re not doing viewings yet, so we had a walk down to the site and after peeking over wall with phone, noticed a strange gap between the wall of the houses that are finished and the wall of the houses being built. Looks like they might be leaving a gap which would make the gardens much much smaller than what it shows online? Does anyone that has signed know if this is the way it will be finished?

dhannon84 wrote: »
    We were on the waiting list for Mullen Park phase 2. Got the email from Sherry about the investor group and were really disappointed. Our hearts were set on a new build in Maynooth. We asked Sherry about similar upcoming properties and were told about Lyreen Lodge, although they apparently aren’t available until end of year according to the estate agent - the main problem for us is the price is *substantially* more the Mullen Park, 525-575 for a 4 bed semi versus 410 for a 4 bed semi in Mullen Park. We’re on a list for cancellations for the 4 bed Raheen but warned not to get our hopes up. We were told that they’re not doing viewings yet, so we had a walk down to the site and after peeking over wall with phone, noticed a strange gap between the wall of the houses that are finished and the wall of the houses being built. Looks like they might be leaving a gap which would make the gardens much much smaller than what it shows online? Does anyone that has signed know if this is the way it will be finished?

I hadnt seen anything online about the garden but for the price it should be good size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Mon1239

I hadnt seen anything online about the garden but for the price it should be good size.

We heard about this back garden issue earlier in year for back row in Lyreen Lodge too and a resident confirmed that due to angle/slope of site - gardens had to be shortened by approx 40/50% vs plan. Considering delays, big price increases hinted and now super small garden - we were put off.

Mon1239 wrote: »
    We heard about this back garden issue earlier in year for back row in Lyreen Lodge too and a resident confirmed that due to angle/slope of site - gardens had to be shortened by approx 40/50% vs plan. Considering delays, big price increases hinted and now super small garden - we were put off.

Completely understand - that's a massive change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

The plans show small back gardens and they will have small back gardens. The show home garden was 11sqmtrs and the next phase should be similar. They come with a brick wall at the back to retain soil due to change in height. Certainly won't be loosing 5 meters over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I've lost my measurements but I think the back garden was 7.5m x 7.5m, plus a patio area that was about 3m x 3m

Not that big for sure, the retaining wall at the back of the garden means about 2m is lost, but not bad. Well, guess that's personal opinion :)

I've lost my measurements but I think the back garden was 7.5m x 7.5m, plus a patio area that was about 3m x 3m

Not that big for sure, the retaining wall at the back of the garden means about 2m is lost, but not bad. Well, guess that's personal opinion :)

Fair! And since they have such a nice location, the back garden size itself wouldn't be too much of a concern. That is, unless it's a case that there's a huge unused section of land that residents would own in between the front houses and the back. Would be interested in seeing a picture if anyone has one?

• Advertisement

A lady who is purchasing in Lyreen sent this picture by DM and said it's ok to share. It's from over the wall looking onto the site where the last row is being built.

It's a little bit grainy but you can see that the gardens look like they might be shorter than originally planned, at least in the first few houses - not sure if it's the same for the ones at the end that you can't see.

Nice shot, shame it isn't taken along the line of the wall, rather it's looking backwards.

We need a drone shot!!

Incidentally, what happened when the woman who bought there brought this up? Was this oversight admitted/compensated or played down as negligible?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

who owns the land behind the wall?

Check your folios people.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭FrankN1

Is there smaller gardens in Mariavilla vs Moyglare Hall in general? Would there be a big difference in build quality between 2005 build which has had it upgraded to B3 vs Mariavilla A rated? Trying to decide between the two.

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Incidentally, what happened when the woman who bought there brought this up? Was this oversight admitted/compensated or played down as negligible?

The developer said they moved the wall because it's a retaining wall and that it helps drainage. There's a huge levelling difference of about 10ft, I would guess, between back gardens at the front and the ones being built at the back.

I would imagine that you would own the land though so it should be possible to reclaim it as part of your garden if you buy?

FrankN1 wrote: »
    Is there smaller gardens in Mariavilla vs Moyglare Hall in general? Would there be a big difference in build quality between 2005 build which has had it upgraded to B3 vs Mariavilla A rated? Trying to decide between the two.

I don't know much about Moyglare but the build quality in Mariavilla seemed great to us when we viewed. Cairn seemed to put a higher finish on this development in comparison to some of their developments we viewed in Lucan and Naas. The houses were very similar but less expensive.

Garden size is pretty standard in new developments from what I've seen. Usually around 85sqm but you can see online the actual size of the garden for each house. Check out https://myplan.ie/national-planning-application-map-viewer/

The developer said they moved the wall because it's a retaining wall and that it helps drainage. There's a huge levelling difference of about 10ft, I would guess, between back gardens at the front and the ones being built at the back.

I would imagine that you would own the land though so it should be possible to reclaim it as part of your garden if you buy?

Surely there is a better way to allow a bit for drainage. ie. build a drain? I'm no builder but I thought that was the general gist.

I don't know much about Moyglare but the build quality in Mariavilla seemed great to us when we viewed. Cairn seemed to put a higher finish on this development in comparison to some of their developments we viewed in Lucan and Naas. The houses were very similar but less expensive.

Garden size is pretty standard in new developments from what I've seen. Usually around 85sqm but you can see online the actual size of the garden for each house. Check out https://myplan.ie/national-planning-application-map-viewer/

I second that, from what I've seen of Mariavilla the build quality looks really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭you2008

Cairn seemed to put a higher finish on this development in comparison to some of their developments we viewed in Lucan and Naas. The houses were very similar but less expensive.

/[/url]

Location location and location ..................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dtfo

Has anyone been successful getting a house in Mariavilla before they come to market? There was supposed to be 10 units coming but 5 have been mysteriously bought up. Any help greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭you2008

dtfo wrote: »
    Has anyone been successful getting a house in Mariavilla before they come to market? There was supposed to be 10 units coming but 5 have been mysteriously bought up. Any help greatly appreciated

seems you had inside info, what the price:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niniboots

Agent told me that they had one house of the type we were interested in, & that the list was extensive. The follow up phone call basically said the same thing, long list and they are working through it from top with a small number of houses being released. That was last week. Prices were 420 to 445k for 3 bed prior release, two types and again she couldn't confirm but said it would increase, didn't bother following up. They will actually call though, as I had separate phone call about a cancellation in another development that we were at top of listing. I can only assume they are following up on anyone who kept in touch from phase to phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭squirrel6767

The developer of the Mullen Park estate in Maynooth is to offer the remaining homes at the scheme for individual sale rather than proceed with a deal to sell them in their entirety to UK-headquartered property investor, Round Hill Capital.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/maynooth-new-homes-back-for-sale-as-deal-with-uk-investor-called-off-1.4620252?localLinksEnabled=false&mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 68,562 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The proposed estate behind Parklands that would need the ringroad to proceed has been withdrawn. There's a lot of land for sale there so I'd expect that it could come back as a bigger development but it'll definitely be back

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭squirrel6767

New Cairn development beyond Castlepark on old Dunboyne Road. Strategic Housing Development application.

(Previously earmarked for Castlepark phase 2 but failed to obtain planning permission)

That looks like a pedestrian link to Carton Avenue, which will cause uproar....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Planning permission for it posted on Carton Avenue so yep...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,072 ✭✭✭buffalo

Why is there such opposition to connections to the Avenue?

• Advertisement

Lots of people just want it kept as-is, basically. The smaller estate accesses that appeared over the years (Carton Square, Pebble Hill, Lyreen Park) were mostly ignored as they were quite small and didn't actually remove the grass along the side of the main path, but the Limetree Hall one being quite large caused war. If it had been smaller it would probably not have caused as much consternation but it also wouldn't have met modern standards...

There are a lot of residents in Maynooth who are very anti permeability of any kind due to very outdated beliefs about crime risk and memories of teenagers hanging around badly lit narrow alleyways. There's been plenty of entrances either closed up or refused to be opened (dropped from planning permission) due to this.

Advertisement