Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Air condition not working

• 17-07-2021 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Recently brought the fluence to halfords for a recharge of the air con, no cold air blowing, halfords connected a gauge and it was reading a high pressure on the red zone, so they said they cannot recharge it as it is blocked told me to bring it to a garage.

Warranty is finished and I cannot afford at the moment a major repair. Question is that, if I leave the air condition getting repaired for next year, it will survive till winter, will it damage anything else engine wise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

It shouldn't damage anything if not working. Sounds as though the high pressure is giving an error and won't let the compressor clutch engage so the compressor isn't running.

If in Dublin, you could try https://autoaircon.ie/ in Citywest. They don't do repairs as such, just do regas. However, they know their stuff and should be able to give you an idea what's wrong. I wouldn't have much confidence in Halfords and would get a pro to look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Thanks,

Ill leave it then till next summer for repair. I've had experience with a broken air condition before on an early 2000s mitsubishi lancer and it was not a pleasant one, repair after repairs and did not solve the problem. Just headaches.

I did some thinking, my warranty ended last month and I am taking a chance, called windsor about the fault and they booked me in, but they said they will probably charge me for diagnostics. But I remember that they did a major job last year around winter months on the car replacing a faulty fuel pump. I am pretty sure that contributed to the air condition ended up being faulty. Will windsor accept this reason not to charge me.

I mean i haven't used the air condition until now when the weather is getting warmer. How will i suppose to know back then when the car is still under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,812 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The last line is the reason why your air con isn't working, air con needs to be used weekly to keep it working. All your gas has leaked and hopefully your seals aren't gone. No point in dropping it to the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Whocare

Did you/halford check pressure with the air condition turn on ? As if thay didn't it will give fault reading of hight pressure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I'd call it a Flatulence for a time being. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,815 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

AirCon is a trade onto itself. If you google car air conditioner repair then you will get a tradesman that does nothing else but air conditioning. A lot of garages would call this type of person in for your car if you left it in to them. They will come to you & diagnosis the problem. They will even go to you to recharge the ac.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,059 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP has a long drive to Sydney from Ireland, Mr Spambot.

Advertisement