Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

galaxy12 wrote: »
    Interesting .,thanks
    Didnt know that . I couldn't find the JBL speakers in the specifications sheet online ( kia IE main website) .Some of the dealers still mention them though -
    https://www.joeduffy.ie/kia/new-cars/e-niro/

Which stereo's some as default in them ?

Anything else to be aware of which is different from specs knowing that there is only 1 trim level on offer.

Not sure what brand the speakers are, but they're very basic and not great IMO. I'd love to upgrade them, but I'll probably change car next year anyway.

If you search this thread you'll see some discussions around the speakers.

I don't think there is anything else on that page that's incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭galaxy12

Thanks . I can still see the model in the configurator online and the Dealer did not seem to indicate that when we indicated gravity blue as the likely option ...

Ordered last week and dealer says we can pick up the eniro on Thursday.🀞
    Any checks on collection which previous buyers can recommend ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Supply of E niros seems to be getting a bit better.

They are offering 0% finance on it now.

*HP not PCP

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

graememk wrote: »
    Supply of E niros seems to be getting a bit better.

They are offering 0% fiance on it now.

*HP not PCP

Wow. I guess they had to with vw doing it. We were going to get a Kia until that appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭remoteboy

fits wrote: »
    Wow. I guess they had to with vw doing it. We were going to get a Kia until that appeared.

The 0% finance played a huge part in my going for the ID3. Really liked the eNiro but just couldn’t justify the numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Ordered last week and dealer says we can pick up the eniro on Thursday.��
    Any checks on collection which previous buyers can recommend ?

Just make sure you get the 3phase charging cable

Mrs collected today .
    gravity blue ðŸ‘

Mrs collected today .
    gravity blue ðŸ‘

Try not to smile every time you drive it. It's an almost impossible task - enjoy :)

Mrs collected today .
    gravity blue ðŸ‘

Well wear, love the Colour. :D

Highly impressed so far .

Mrs driving with level 3 regen and mosty eco mode .range and efficiency so far seems to be what it should be with a mix of city and M50 driving.

Only minor quibble is that the car seems to jump back a bit when using the one pedal . probably some more practice I suppose.

• Advertisement

Highly impressed so far .

Mrs driving with level 3 regen and mosty eco mode .range and efficiency so far seems to be what it should be with a mix of city and M50 driving.

Only minor quibble is that the car seems to jump back a bit when using the one pedal . probably some more practice I suppose.

I found that the reported economy appeared to be better when I used Normal mode rather than ECO mode. I use Auto Regen which is pretty much Level 3. I like the way you can basically do one pedal driving

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Very nice. Highly recommend auto regen no matter what regen setting you find suits you best. I do use the brake to fully stop and engage auto hold instead of being fully one pedal.

Not sure what you mean about car jumping back a bit.

chewed wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust anything online from Kia! They stated that Irish eNiros would have JBL speakers, which turned out to be a "typo".
    Very nice. Highly recommend auto regen no matter what regen setting you find suits you best. I do use the brake to fully stop and engage auto hold instead of being fully one pedal.

Not sure what you mean about car jumping back a bit.

So the car creeps forward quite a bit without auto hold being engaged .But I read somewhere in this forum that with one pedal being used it doesn't ( without auto mode being engaged). We tried that and the car doesn't creep forward with one pedal used but there is a bit of jerk . It need to try a few more times i suppose to get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

So the car creeps forward quite a bit without auto hold being engaged .But I read somewhere in this forum that with one pedal being used it doesn't ( without auto mode being engaged). We tried that and the car doesn't creep forward with one pedal used but there is a bit of jerk . It need to try a few more times i suppose to get used to it.

Congrats on car, I love it. Without Auto Hold engaged (which is only activated when Auto Hold mode is active *and* car comes to a complete stop via brake) the car won't auto creep forward when letting go of brake. This is really handy in traffic, at junctions etc; coming out of country lanes etc where I need to edge out to see left/right I prefer to disable Auto Hold as the car can creep forward gently (by letting go of brake ever so slightly) whereas pressing Accelerate (when Auto Hold has been activated and needs to move forward) isn't as smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time owner. Ordered Wednesday picked up today!

I just noticed it did not come with the granny cable, only the type 2 cable.

My fault for not checking but am I right in saying it should have been included?

Jumpa

Check in the lower section in the boot, down where the spare wheel would go. And make sure that you got the 3 Phase 11kW type 2 cable too

Kudos to you.

I hadn't checked all the way down!

Went for my first charge today , but cant see anyway to check trip distance after recharge . Is there a trip meter I can reset after recharge to check distance covered ..

What I see -

Dashboard - Range left , total kms

Display - accumulated range and drive info .

But the drive info dosent accumulate so how to reset trip or check actual kms covered after recharge ?

UVO app doesn't seem to update charging progress. Something I'm doing wrong or just a limitation of the app?

Yes, theres 2 trip counters, one resets after each drive and one whenever you reset it.

Can't remember off the top of my head, but you press the ok button on the steering wheel to switch I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

There's an update button you need to tap to refresh to the latest data. In the older app, I think it was a button that literally had Refresh on it. In the newer app, there a circular arrow on the top of the Status page.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Do you guys think there's any real chance an e-Niro MY20 will be worth only 15k EUR after the 3 year PCP period ends?

Most likely it will be more, They set that figure usually on the low side, to make sure they dont lose money on it.

When i was pricing the e niro, An auto sportage was similar money. - a 2018 sportage is still being listed on done deal for 24k.

a 3 yr old e niro, for 15k would be an absolute bargin if you were buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Thanks. Sounds good!

BTW, are KIA dealers known to give you a good deal when you switch to a new KIA (say newer e-Niro or EV4) & start a new 3 year PCP with them? ...or you'd always want to sell privately? (if you sell privately, do you have to get the 15k financed 1st, and then sell or there's a more streamlined way of doing it?)

You'll always get a bit more selling privately, but you'll have to clear the 15k balance first (or do some sort of deal with the buyer with them paying it off).

If your trading in, don't get hung up on what the trade in value is, it's the cost of changing, what you have to actually hand over. As the trade in could look good but the car is higher accordingly.

You'll know where you stand a bit better in a year or 2 time when more second hand niros are coming onto the market

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

With the run of good weather, the GOM is back over 450 again. I actually did a little over 300km (non-motorway) on Saturday, with aircon on the whole time, and it was still saying 150 at the end.

Is there a way to turn off the climate control completely when not needed.

Pressing OFF on climate control , I still fell the vents blowing cold and couldn't figure out how to stop that.

Is it because of the auto defog .

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

I think that's just normal air from the cars momentum coming through the vents. You can close the vents entirely by moving the slider left or right

Not a bad range !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

How do people get these ranges? The most I've ever got was 475 this summer. Do you need to regularly charge to 100%?

Advertisement