Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bungee Button

Options
  • 26-06-2021 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭

Hi, folks.

Lost a bungee button off the kayak, specifically the one that holds the bungee that you loop over the paddle to hold it to the side of the kayak.

Found some online for about 70 cent, but the shipping is €7. I know it's not a fortune, but its the principle.

Anyone know where I'd pick one up that doesn't require international shipping

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭cletus

Just to answer my own question here, found a pack of 6 for about €3 delivered from Ali.

Also the correct name would appear to be deck line guides

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You have to check where the item is being posted from now. Any items from outside the EU are subject to VAT, there used to be an exemption for <€25, and the delivery company then add their own processing fee (which can be €10). So your €3 delivered item could cost more than the one with €7 delivery.

Cheers for that. Ali Express added the VAT at checkout. Delivery of items from Ali, in my experience, is exclusively through the postal system, rather than delivery companies. An Post have alway brought my Ali packages

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I just got a leaflet in my letterbox from an Post saying that everything from outside the EU will be charged now. I know some Ali sellers post from within the EU, but otherwise An Post will be charging you a tenner to take money from you.

These just arrived today. So far, I've had no notification re duty charge, fingers crossed

• Advertisement
Advertisement