Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

If Italy decides not to recognise the NHS app/cert as equivalent to the EU Covid cert, then pushes ahead with its plans to require proof of full vaccination (ie EU cert only) for services like transport & indoor dining, and as a result I’m not able to access those services once I’m there, would that not be a case of treating people differently depending on where they were vaccinated?

I don’t think that is what will necessarily happen in practice once Italy announces its policy, but it’s possible based on the country-by-country approach to recognising vaccinations from outside & not being able to use those to access an EU cert.

(sorry I forgot to quote you initially!)

I would be very surprised if Ireland delaying the issue of certs was a genuine reason to require a pcr.

More likely, it's for those that should have one but don't. I'm flying home on Wednesday, at present my dcc hasn't arrived. If I am relying on my vaccine card, I'll let you know how I get on

No fast track but of you don't have it you are directed to a separate lane so I guess there's a slow lane

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dublinview

Yes it would be a case of treating people differently but I don't think it will happen. Once a person from outside the EU, in this case the UK, is already there I expect they will treat them the same regardless of where the Vaccs took place unless there is a ban on people from entering from the UK in the first place. Even then I think there is a possibility NI would be treated differently due to the sensitivity - certainly for Irish passport holders but possibly even for British ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Yes. I also think it will be resolved. But there’s a possibility it won’t, either through a deliberate decision or simple oversight, which is what’s concerning. Access to EU cert as an EU citizen is therefore important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

I've flights booked to Malaga for 5th September.. Haven't heard anything yet. Fingers crossed they don't cancel it

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭inisfree0504

Yes, I'm the poster who contacted the embassy and I'm still nervous about travelling with just the card as it seems so easily forgeable and unofficial. I actually contacted them with pictures of my HSE card, and asked if it met their requirements re country and authority that issued it. Here is the response from the Spanish Health authority:

"Kindly note that your certificate will be accepted. Also, please remember to fill out the vaccination certificate under "other certificate" at step 4 of the form (health questionaire)."

I'm going to print out the emails just in case anyone questions it.

You can email them yourself at spth@sanidad.gob.es if it would make you feel better. They got back to me within two days. (The embassy got back to me within hours).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

The bit about children over 7 requiring a test has now been updated to children aged 12+ in line with other EU countries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mel123

Currently in Spain due back on Tuesday. No DCC was planning on just using my vaccine card. Just received an email from Ryanair saying all passengers require a PCR. Logged on to citizens information and that says if you don’t have the DCC you need a PCR test.

surely this can’t be correct? I’m vaccinated either way why does it matter if I have the DCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Flew out to Spain yesterday. Was at airport at 6.30..no guards at security.

Boarding gate asked for Spanish passenger locator form. Some people were asked for proof of vaccine/negative test but this was random. Vaccine card accepted

Got to spain. Seemed a little chaotic. After we got through passport control they asked us to scan the locator barcode. Random people were asked for proof of vaccine also. The small vaccine card u get with ur jabs is being accepted no bother.

Al in all not too much hassle..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

So it looks to me like the HSE vaccine card is being accepted by some countries for entry (i.e Spain). But we can’t use it for returning to Ireland. It’s beyond ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

This is what citizens information says. That if you don’t have the digital covid cert you will need a PCR test. I’d love if the vaccine card was accepted believe me! We are in Spain at the moment and want to get home without having to do another covid test. We are both fully vaccinated and have our HSE cards with us but no sign of our covid certs emailed or posted to us yet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yes it sure is very messy at the moment.

As Mel123 said in a post earlier, Ryanair sending emails saying a PCR is required if no DCC. Sounds like they are confused too. I’d hate to get to the gate and have a Ryanair staff member turn me around because they have a different understanding of the rules.

A quick statement from the government could clear this up very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

Yet more conflicting information re those vaccinated in the north! https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57880228.amp

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

No PCR tests on return for vaccinated people post 19/07. The details are all online. Of course they accept a hse issued proof of vaccine in Ireland- that's part of the transition arrangement - but if I were you id ring the helpline Monday and try to get a DCC emailed to be sure.

This is my understanding as a random stranger on an Internet site. I can't "guarantee" you anything. Maybe ring Dublin airport or your airline if you need a guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭acequion

I only got my second shot last Sunday, 11th but my EU cert has already been mailed to me. As the weather is so gorgeous here at the moment I'm now thinking of moving my flight to Spain from next Friday to Monday. By Monday I'll be past 14 days so won't have to do a test. Changing will cost me €66 but I'd have had to make do with a PCR if going on Friday which would cost €100 so I still save and save hassle. How different Ireland feels with a bit of sun and heat!

An Antigen test, which can be got for as cheap as €29 with GoSafe, will do you for entry to Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭acequion

I know that and thanks for your reply. But I'm in Kerry and flying from Kerry and there are no antigen tests available down here. So it's PCR only which costs €100 in the Bons Secours in Tralee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

Saw the rocdoc staff in the airport taking awful abuse from customers, they're swamped.

Make sure you give extra time, my antigen test was an hour late, and results an hour and a half after that as a heads-up for everyone traveling using their services

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

What happens if you arrive into Dublin without a PCR? Due to arrive tomorrow first thing and there was an error with my test. So it had to be redone. They said that the new one might not arrive until 2-3 hours after I land.

I do have an Antigen test though. Airline have already confirmed that they will allow me to board.

That might only be Ryanair and is questionable

Are you sure that's not just bad phrasing and what CA really mean is if you are not fully vaccinated

You are unlikely to be refused entry with your vaccine card but if its the case that the vaccine card gets you entry to Ireland, then its a Ryanair faux pax to be refusing boarding with one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

You will be moved to MHQ without a PCR test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Many have the Covid Cert and it says fully vaccinated on the Covid app although i understand a PCR is still needed into Ireland up to 14 days after vaccination. Will be interesting to hear people’s experiences into Dublin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

I will be flying back to Ireland in Mid august, 11 days after my second shot. I wonder if I could use my DCC to get on the flight? I have a partial DCC on my phone now which shows the first shot so I reckon it will show for the second shot pretty much immediately after getting it, it will just not be valid until the correct number of days post second shot. HSE is saying one thing with regards the number of days and the rest of Europe are saying another.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So after tomorrow fully vaxxed UK people can arrive into Ireland, no pcr test, no quarantine, that correct?

Passenger locator form required?

Is that not a little pointless? Yer free to roam but tell us where yer staying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Anyone flying out tomorrow? If yes let us know how the departure goes.

Advertisement