Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bugs / missing functionality reports - no griping

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I cannot find a way to see who has "Liked" a post in the Touch site on mobile.

On desktop, we can see a few names by hovering over the Like button, but I don't think if there's a lot of "Likes" they're all shown.

When a post is quoted (in full, because you can't edit/cut it, which is another problem), there used to be a button to bring you back to the original (quoted) post which made it easier to also respond to it.

Now, you have to scroll back - and because there's no time or even date stamp on it, you have no way of knowing if it's a recent post or from weeks or months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I'm a desktop user, using the Chrome browser, only. Here are the main things that are annoying me:

1. There is no longer a dropdown menu (it used be in the top right) that allows me to choose to navigate directly to my Favourite/Followed Forums. There is a tab, "My Forums", which shows threads but for some reason it is showing threads from forums that were not in my favourite forums list. I just want to be able to jump between my favourite forums directly and quickly and right now I cannot do that. I also noticed, and perhaps it is linked to that dropdown menu being missing, that I cannot add a forum to my favourite/followed forums.
    2. When I eventually manage to get to a Forum the "View first Unread post in this thread" button is no longer there. The thing is that that button is there on the home page of the entire site in the "Latest Posts" section but for some reason is not there at the forum level.
    3. The site is slooooooooooow.

By the way I noticed a bug. For any thread that does not have a post since the site came back up the "Last Post" data is actually the very first post in the thread. However as soon as someone posts in that thread it updates to the correct last post info so this will eventually resolve itself for all newer threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Just realised that #2 is possibly a non-issue as it seems that the default behaviour, when you click on the thread title, is to navigate to the first unread post in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

On desktop at least, beside the name of the poster of the quoted post, there is now a time (Your post I am quoting says HeidiHeidi 12:57 pm) and the time itself is a link that will take you to the original.

• Advertisement

Well, that makes loads of sense, and is just sooooo intuitive!

Not!!!

But thank you, I've learned something new today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭Panrich

I have noticed that the list of 'My Threads' does not seem to update with new threads that I have posted in since the 'upgrade'. I can only see threads there that I posted in before.

You don't automatically get subscribed to threads any more when you post in them. You have to use the little flag icon at the top of the thread to the right of the thread title to follow a thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

please bring back thanks instead of like...and still cant see who you have thanked on mobile site.

Anyone else have a problem on mobile site when typing a reply to post that at times the post seems to drop and hence you cant read where you typed the last line as it goes behind the keypad until you start again? Very unhelpful if trying to type a longer reply in one go.

My forums is defaulting to an A-Z forum filter as opposed to latest posted

• Advertisement

I'm not sure the My Forums tab is working at all - it seems to just have every forum listed alphabetically, not ones you'd subscribed to on the old site.

That old 5-tab page seems to have been just left there from the migration, none of it is working properly, I'm assuming it'll disappear at some point.

I'm not entirely sure what your point is?

I'm agreeing that it's alphabetical, not by last post date/time - but I think it has every forum listed, and not just the ones you would have subscribed to before. It certainly does for me, there are loads of forums that I've never gone near, never mind subscribed to!

I get you.

It's actually showing me threads I've posted in, in alphabetical order of the forum, and not just My Forums specifically

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Very useful and productive thread, thank you. I've stickied it for now.

Post edited by Tokyo on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭djdunny

Is it possible to place the page navigation button at the top of the page. When I view a page, I will usually see a sticky post at the top of the thread and then will have to scroll down to get the page number so I can navigate to the last page to see the most recent post.

In some cases, the page navigation doesn't appear at the top of the screen at all - example - Bargain Alert on the mobile site.

I'm on the 'touch site and there is no second page for any of the threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Click on the time stamp and it will bring you to the quoted post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Posting in a thread doesn't add the thread under my threads and since I can't lookup my posts it can be hard to find threads you posted in.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

On Desktop if you click just above trending, my threads etc. but miss the box it collapses the entire site and needs to be refreshed.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,001 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• No way to cancel a drafted post on a thread. Tried removing all text and Save Draft, didn't work.
    • It used to be possible to find a forum (category?) using the Search widget at the top. Now that finds only discussions. Finding this Feedback forum on mobile required me to do a text search of the Categories page (I think). Ridiculously inconvenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

On OnePlus 7T, Android 11, there is missing information to the right hand side that is there on iPhone 11.

The Replies section with post count per thread is missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,001 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

@smuggler.ie wrote

try filter by "places"

That advanced search function doesn't appear to exist on mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Looks like the "Online buying and Auctions" sub forum in Consumer section is locked without anyone able to post

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Quoting a post by Mouse Middle Click on the quote button doesn't hold onto the quoted post when opened in a new tab it just opens the new tab onto the top of the page. Quoting multiple posters is not fun as it will spin the page down to about half way on a page full of posts - not to the reply box as it should making it extremely hard to find your way back to the post you were at also.

CTRL + Clicking the quote button in a post doesn't open a new tab at all it spins the page down as above.

You can multi quote by clicking on multiple posts but again as above it spins the page or attempts to, with the lack of post number (#xxxx) it makes it hard to keep track of where you are in the thread.

Missing multi quote button!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

If you are on a tab i.e. "My Forums" clicking on that tab again does not refresh the list as it should. I'm not too sure but I think it did previously (yesterdays maintenance).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement