Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bad flywheel what should I do.

Options
  • 18-07-2021 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi, Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum.

I have a 12 Corrolla 225,000 km and the flywheel has continued to get worse and worse, now I fear the car isnt actually safe A replacement from toyota will cost around 1,500. I have worked out about three options but I dont actually know what to do,

Should I just repair the car and keep it?

Should I repair the car and sell it privately?

Should I just trade the car in as is against a fresher model?

If i traded the car in with the problem, would that land me in bother if when they find it themselves?

Also, I dont really like the idea of pushing my sh1te onto some other sod, that doesnt really sit right with me, but if I could do this with them knowing I'd be okay with it.

Again sorry for posting this in the wrong forum if I did am just really streessed about this and need someone elses opinion.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

A good quality replacement non Toyota but equally good quality clutch, flywheel ,pressure plate and release bearing will be readily available across a number of brands for a 12 Corolla and should come in about half the 1500 quoted , inc fitting .

price the parts separately to the labor too see what’s available.

i presume its a Diesel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Delta1138

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭passatman86

Edit. What Bigus said lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

If your happy with the car and there's no major problem other than a flywheel, I'd keep it and take it to an independent garage for repair

Advertisement