Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I’m baffled at all the talk of ‘ we’ll learn from today’

what have we to learn? I was at the Munster final in ‘19 when we were torn apart and that second half today was the same story. It’s nothing we haven’t seen already.

just being objective Cian lynch must be one of the most supremely talented players of his generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

We won the all-ireland in 2019. What a post!

We didn’t beat limerick!

what have you seen today from limerick we haven’t seen before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭farmerval

Tipp are not finished in this years championship. They will have learned again from today. We are in trouble with legs around the middle, Noel's are gone with some time, and while Michael Breen has pace and a great engine, he doesn't appear to be a natural mid fielder.

Credit the management in the first half, they found ways to expose Limerick. Once Limerick got control of the ball coming from their half backline we were in trouble. Likes of Peter Casey when the ball was being played into space, was suddenly a different prospect. Potentially Galway in two weeks time is sobering, in 16, 17 and 18 there was only a point in it each time.

I think Tipp have put an awful lot into game plans that force the opposition to play long, it really suits our defenders, but when they can play short pop passes and quick cross field balls into space we're goosed. The lack of defensive pace is a real problem.

With the limited exposure they've gotten it's hard to feel that our bench will drag us over the line. They did in 2019 semi, but unfortunately it's much of the same bench who've made little impact since.

That defeat will destroy that team. Seasons over.

• Advertisement

I dont really take much notice of Twitter bio's tbh. Meaningless if you cant back it up.

I don't agree. They're not a fragile bunch. If they're good enough they'll win the next day. Limerick are the best in the country, 3 Munsters and 2 leagues and 2 all Ireland's in 3 years, amazing stuff. We're still in the mix to get another go at them.

Only because Kilkenny caught Limerick cold. They would have beaten us easily in the final had that not happened. Lets face it, they have our number and unless we change tact next season they will do for the future. Too predictable and easy to play against.

Us so-called clueless negative types were told that lack of pace is a complete myth apparently

2019 was the final fling for that team really. The management should have broken them up and been patient with the youngsters...instead, here we are in 2021 with the same old guard.

• Advertisement

They threw away a ten-point lead. That would indicate huge fragility.

This must be Arsenal logic I'm reading.

Limerick got their team and tactics wrong at the start. There must’ve been some discipline issue with gillane. The subs delivered for them. When they reverted back to their running game we’d no Answer.

nobody wants to be negative. I’m just looking at a 15point turnaround. Bar the ‘19 win over Kilkenny I can’t recall any of the other contenders collapsing like that over the last few years.

forde has definitely taken over the star mantle, fair play to him. Seamie looks gone as does Noel Mc grath.

Much like Clare on Saturday, you can't dominate for 70 minutes. If there was one piece from today the management should have got better was the start of the second half, we really should have set up to restrict space in our own half. Letting them create space to run into is looking for trouble.

The munster final in 2019 was a completely different game with a completely different scoreline.

We've never prised them open like today before. We're learning and getting somewhere. Might not be this year, could be this year, but next year is another year. And today was progress.

We're had them frazzled and we're breaking their lines. We weren't doing that before.

People who don't see that, don't know what they're watching and are just reacting emotionally to defeat.

This performance today was miles better than Cork's effort. We pushed a huge performance out of Limerick. It might bolster Limerick's belief and make them unstoppable, it might take something out of them. Lynch looked like he was carrying something. Who knows what will happen. The serious business starts now.

Embarassing from a Tipp supporter. Trying to devalue an All-Ireland win. Wow

In all honesty, we should have made a better effort to close this out. Yes, Limerick was always going to have a good spell, we know that....but we were slaughtered in that third quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭FoFo1254122

sheedy surely knows change is needed. Well I hope he does.

brian McGrath cadell connors Kehoe Niall omeara should start from here on in.

time for pauric and Brendan maher Noel McGrath bubbles and Seamus to chill on the bench.

we will see what Sheedy and his brain trust are made of now.

Many people have said the same about Clare's 2013 All-Ireland win, but that seems to be fair-game amongst Tipp supporters in particular. What makes you think we would have beaten them in that 2019 final had they beaten Kilkenny given our recent track record against them? The more we play them, the more that theory looks out the window. It opened up for us in 2019, and fair play we got over the line, but we haven't even laid a glove on them since really.

Hammered in the 19 Munster Final, Hammered last year, and a complete collapse today. Also, beaten comfortably in the 2018 round robin.

Ah stop, we are not. We could play them next week and it will be the same result. They love playing us. We've been their bitch since 2018.

What do we do? pick the same personnel and tactics. A similarly terrible record against Galway since 2015. Lost 3 out of 4 and were blessed to win the one we did.

• Advertisement

Re 2019 - If my aunty had bollocks and all that.

You seem to want to dawdle over past losses and fear the future. Fair enough. Knock yourself out, you're entitled. Stop tagging me in your posts though, cheers.

I don't look back, I'm concentrating on looking forward.

Why is ger browne not involved. Let’s cut the bullshit. He should be in the team last year never mind this year.

i can guarantee you if Cahill was manager. Ger Browne would be midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭blackcard

Lol, you are well able to tag others when you don't agree with something now in fairness so its a bit rich to be getting antsy when others are challenging you on your points. Look believe whatever the hell you want and knock others who are more realistic about our prospects if that gives you a greater sense of importance. Knock yourself right out.

Not just him though, but Bowe, Seymour, Ormonde, nowhere near that panel either. Its baffling how such u21 success hasnt seen more breakthroughs. You would think we would be in an ideal situation after 2019, but its far from it.

i think maybe a bit. In fairness, those lads have been outstanding for us, but i thought after last year especially that more youth would be given a chance this year. Im flabbergasted so little have come through..... is it that Sheedy is too loyal?? Perhaps... But when it comes to senior, are they good enough? its hard to believe not more of them are.

The craic with the club hasnt done Ger Browne any good. Hopefully its all past him now, but a terrible situation to arise.

‘…over past losses’

sure it’s a discussion forum. Of course posters will comment over previous games and speculate re future ones.

it’s a bit rich having a pop over being quoted yet you can’t help getting quoting others and dismissing any POV contrary to your own….

it got so bad a while ago you went through a phase of quoting your own posts to yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

I'm inclined to agree. For all that we might have learnt, we need to go into the unknown for our next game with our team selection. We carried too many passengers for too long yesterday and sadly some of those passengers have been some of the best players to ever wear the jersey.

Limerick probably have their best 15 now, and have Gillane and Morrissey starting from here on in (Duignan made a comment yesterday about Tipp having a superior bench to Limerick - madness, two All Stars sitting on the Limerick bench).

I think we are still in with a chance of getting to an All-Ireland, the team will lash back from yesterday and is capable of beating whoever stands in the way of getting to an AI, although I'd say if Galway return to form, we would struggle a lot against them. KK in semi would be beatable, wasn't impressed with them v Dublin and we have seen that the Wexford form line isn't much.

However I can't see us beating Limerick, if anything they will beat us by more next time as there is no way they will stay looking at us playing the ball around them like we did in the first half again, maybe if we got lucky with a red card, we might take them, but I think our best chance of an AI is someone else beating them unfortunately. Sadly the two teams most likely to do that are Galway and KK and neither of them can meet Limerick before we do.

• Advertisement

what does sheedy do now

go down with his generals or try something different. for me we are better starting with something like the below and then introduce the old warhorses in the second half as required.

barry hogan, barrett, brian mcgrath, heffernan, kennedy, cadell, ronan maher, flynn, dan mccormack, willie connors, kehoe, breen, omeara, forde, bubbles.

Advertisement