Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fabo1thecross

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I've just noticed that I've booked a holiday and will be arriving 13.5 days after my second dose, but the requirements are 14 days. Do you think this will be an issue? Could I just hang out in the destination airport for half a day to comply, or is that even necessary? Pfizer is only 7 days to be considered fully vaccinated but they don't seem to differentiate between the different ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

The Gardai had given in at the airport in regards the stupid Covid rules weeks ago. Unless you where acting the complete arsehole you had zero chance of getting a fine. There has been literally groups of lads and lassies headed off to the Costas with no issues since the beginning of June. The constant scare tactics and brow beating from RTE and the like would have worked on many families though and i know that many have cancelled because of this disgraceful approach and curtailing of people's right to travel.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I think this clarifies it-.

From here :

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/77952-government-advice-on-international-travel/

Travelling with children

Children between the ages of 12 and 17 will be required to have a negative RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival to travel into the country, unless they have valid proof of vaccination or recovery.

Children of any age, travelling with accompanying vaccinated or recovered adults will not be required to self-quarantine post arrival. However, where one accompanying adult needs to self-quarantine, then all children must also self-quarantine.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

Folks - question, my missies got vaccinated on Friday past (16th) we’re due to fly out on the 30th, will the certificate be valid on that date (she will be 14 days fully vaccinated) or is it a 14 days + 1? Apologies for the long winded question!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Yes under 12 don’t require a test to enter Ireland from today.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Well now that was a waste of a morning. Got a fella that was no help. Could not help in any shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

That minister was talking through his hole, no quarantine required with a negative PCR for your teenagers to enter Ireland as per the DGC

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Hopefully the little vax card works. Flying tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

One in ten cases? I'd like to see the actual data related to that. Very hard to believe one in ten cases of either vaccinated or PCR'd travellers were actually infected while abroad before travelling back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭adam240610

In the airport in T1, security practically empty, lots of people through it having pints, great atmosphere and a refreshing change, we're back!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Will you let us know if the vax cards can be used please. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

It really is great to hear that. The industry and people's mental health have been destroyed by this thing.

Sincerely enjoy your holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

It can. Just speaking to a good friend who's daughter is working with Ryanair. She's in T1 today - great atmosphere. The HSE cards, as expected, are being accepted as they are state issued proof of vaccination. That's all that is needed. Good to go!!!!!!

***shakes fist*

No fun is allowed

Thank you! Having a good ole airport Guinness now, it's a good pint too thankfully

I also just received my eu covid cert from rocdoc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Today's our last day to cancel our late Aug family Holiday to Crete and still get a refund. ... Numbers are going up there, but I'm starting to think they will be on the way back down again in a month, and the fair bit of optimistic talk on this thread is boosting me a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

That helpline is an absolute **** shambles. Mirror is reporting they have 30 staff in the call centre. 30.

Mother's been trying to get through since 8am, line is completely dead.

Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

2 hours and 9 minutes so far plus about 60% of my battery. Shambles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Unfortunately (but as expected) no updated email this morning about the travel ban in place for the entire public sector (basically 14 day quarantine as annual leave and you cannot WFH for this period).

No email means that we don't actually know if it has been removed. It should have been with the DCC, but we don't know that. The public sector has had more stringent travel rules than the government, so I for one don't know whether this travel ban is still in place. It may will be. Something like "essential public sector workers are still required to quarantine on return even with the DCC, for public health reasons".

Last time there was a change it took a month for an updated email. Until we get that, I dont think we can risk going abroad anywhere.

And of course people will quite rightly say "employers have no right to know". They don't. But the public sector were insisting. It never got tested in court. And if you defy it and go away anyway, you can be guaranteed someone would dig up the Facebook/Instagram post and you'd never get a promotion, regardless of whether you could get the disciplinary process kicked out.

All my own opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

If youre talking about departure, it depends entirely on border security at the destination and has nothing to do with the airline or the Irish requirements that whoever is on that helpline will know about.

For return I would expect the HSE cards to work.

Ryanair checking all locator forms for respective countries, EU cert checked thoroughly, requiring 14 days from second dose of all vaccines (or first janssen), I thought Pfizer was meant to be one week after second dose but that must just be for the Ireland bonus. If you get your cert before 14 days after second dose you'll probably be rejected I would imagine based on this

No complaints at all, staff answering everyone's questions very well, they're very well prepared here which is great to see

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

How would the emergency brake work if for example it was applied to the uk, but NI residents were travelling through dublin?

I went back to work after the 5 day pcr test. Nothing said.

I know that doesn't change the official policy but if your line manager is happy enough then work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭glenq

I understand that if travelling in to Ireland (from the UK) and not vaccinated, you need a negative PCR test. Can this be a home test or does it need to be privately? This is for a child between 12 and 17, travelling with vaccinated parent.

No, they aren't if they require 14 days after second dose. You are commending then for making up their own rules.

Plenty of countries consider you fully vaccinated 22 days after your first dose and are Grand letting you enter in that basis.

It's not Ryanairs place to decide who can and cannot enter a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

When you say checking EU cert, I assume you mean the Covid Cert (if one has it to provide) ?

When you say checking all locator forms for respective countries, for Spain, that's just the form that is completed on the SpTh site that results in a uploaded doc and a printout of a single page containing a unique QR code with your name/DOB/flight no etc ?

Am I missing something ?

Don't you know that Ryanair staff are above national authorities?

• Advertisement

He's wrong though. You can't allow uk entrants with only a vaccine cert and detain Irish residents for only having the Irish vaccine cert.

Advertisement