Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

Don't you know that Ryanair staff are above national authorities?

He's wrong though. You can't allow uk entrants with only a vaccine cert and detain Irish residents for only having the Irish vaccine cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Many callers have complained that they cannot get through to the new helpline number for queries on the Digital Covid Certificate.

The Department of the Health said it working to increase capacity on the helpline but blames a "very high number of calls" for the difficulty on its first day of operation.

The number 1800 851 504 was provided for queries and for those who had recovered from Covid to apply for the cert.

Those who have been fully vaccinated are supposed to receive their certs automatically.

However, members of the public have complained that the helpline number appears to be down.

A spokesperson for the Department of Health acknowledged that people may have difficulty getting through.

"We are currently working to increase the capacity of the service centre. The helpline number is 1800 851 504 and is for queries relating to your vaccination certificate and/or requesting your recovery certificate".

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0719/1236027-covid-cert-helpline/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Numerous people have already posted that the hse cert is being accepted to board and by immigration in other countries. Why do you keep asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

I was wondering the same myself. But in the circular, it says:

"Where there is an intention to undertake travel overseas to any country which requires a restricted movement period on return to Ireland, all employees must make provision by way of an annual leave or unpaid leave application for that period of restricted movement, in line with the normal rules applying in the relevant sector. This arrangement is applicable to all civil and public servants regardless of whether they can work from home."

Therefore, as no restricted movement period applies for return from EU countries, therefore public servants no longer have to take leave when they come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Has anyone gotten a green cert from Randox, Rocdoc, GoSafe48 or V1 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭RoryMac

For what it's worth Paul Reid was on the radio last week(pretty sure it was with Matt Cooper Thursday evening) and said that as far as he was concerned the opening up of travel from today also applied to HSE workers.

found it - from 11:20 onwards https://www.todayfm.com/shows/last-word-matt-cooper-234816

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

you will probably be grand, i got to Malaga, had a PCR test, as did the wife as she was about 8 days after her second jab.

they asked to see my PCR test, didnt bother with the wifes, they just looked at mine for the 'negative', didnt even check dates.

i would chance it, worst case scenario tell them you wil lwait there for few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fabo1thecross

Any food or drink to be had in t2. August last year was a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Only in Ireland would they put a grand total of 30, yes that's 30 staff on the launch day of travel restrictions being lifted in a country of 5 million people. It's almost like they don't want people to travel or something 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

Virtually every EU country I’m aware of requires 14 days post second Pfizer if you are relying on digital cert for entry. When you say “plenty of countries” don’t, are you referring to non-EU countries?

Or of curiosity, where do you think they get the 30 staff? There's no recruitment this year so they are sent from other areas. Those areas are now short staffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

There seems to be talk of reintroducing face masks on the Balearics...I hope if they do this, it's more targeted. For example if you can social distance on a beach, surely you don't need to wear a mask.

The situation there seems to be stabilising over all with cases stable or declining, similar to Scotland. Hopefully Ireland & the rest of the EU has a similar experience with Delta. So wonderful to see the reports from the airports today.

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com/news/local/2021/07/19/87025/covid-cases-the-balearics.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Allinall

FWIW, Spain will accept an antigen test, if no DCC.

No need for the more expensive PCR.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

We've hundreds of thousands out of work. It's not rocket science. The private sector wouldn't be having this issue but then again they would want people to travel unlike the current shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭TalleyRand83

I'm travelling from Dublin to Malaga with wife & kids (all under 12) on Aug 1, neither of us will have DCC as haven't had 2nd jab so I've booked some antigen tests with randox day before we fly.

Anyone over in Costa del Sol at the minute? Whats it like, general mood, restaurants and bars all good etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Allinall

Yes, but it needs to be 14 days after the second vaccine ( or 14 days after a "one dose" vaccine).

A lot of people recently having received the second dose may get caught out.

What in the name of good blazes is the media going on with today or do they know what they are talking about

The DCC or test you've done will be checked in the country you are travelling to

Why is there a fuss that they weren't checked on the flight that virgin media news were on

You can be guaranteed that pcr / antigen dates were checked on arrival

Poor research

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

If you've nothing helpful to say I suggest you say nothing. By the way it's a forum and I'm entitled to ask questions just like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Traveled to Valencia from Dublin yesterday on Ryanair.

As other have reported, airport was dead. Had fast track and was through in 3min. Marquette and Burger King open at T1.

Ryanair staff checked the spanish locator QR codes and gave a glance at our antigen but honestly besides the Randox logo she couldnt have read any of the details as it was an A4 format pdf on my iPhone screen without zoom. We were all aboard and ready to leave 25min before schedule departure time... keep that in mind! Plane less that 50% fool.

Valencia airport was a bit more busy but still pretty quick to collect bags and get out. We had only filled 2 locator forms for my wife and I and not for the kids 'cause when I typed in their date of birth I got an error message saying something like 'the person is under 12 years of age. pls correct' which I interpreted as the kids not needing one. The guy who checked them (who looked barely above 12yrs of age) was not sure about it but apparently you do have to fill one out for everybody, regardless of age. They let us through without a fuss.

31 degrees out, didnt get the usual temperature shock when coming from Ireland thanks to the 'heatwave' at home. A good number of people, young and old, wearing masks outdoors even if they are not mandatory any longer (or not yet again, depending on perspectives).

Hoping to get my DCC by the time we fly to Italy on the 11th. My 7yo will have to get an antigen as Italy still has the '7 and above' requirement for tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 supersaiyan

Quick question. I'm unvaccinated and am heading to Germany soon for 3 nights. I have a PCR booked in Frankfurt Airport for the return trip to Ireland. My family is worried that I might test positive and be held in Frankfurt for a while. I can walk in for my PCR at any time in Frankfurt so I was thinking of getting it on the day I arrive, to minimize the contact I'll have before the test. It'll be valid for 72hrs which extends beyond my flight home. Would this be feasible or could the airport deny my entry due to the PCR test taken almost 3 days before leaving?

Edit: My time spent there will involve minimal social interaction aside from buying food. But I want to assure my family as we'll be heading to the Canaries a few weeks after and any sort of complications will really mess things up!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Buenas tardes.

I hope you having a nice time.

Anyway can you let us know how the new DCC thing works at both ends.

There is alot of chatter that the QR codes are ineffective and that there is a delay of 2weeks who have the cert...

Many thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Waldo99

It’s all good, relaxed and normal. Fairly quiet, not like high season. Masks currently required indoors.

Malaga airport is liable to be like a cattle station, so don’t be surprised. There are signs to keep 1.5m apart, but this is not practiced or enforced.

It is a little longer to get through the extra checks. There is a separate queue for families at the final document check, so look out for that.

You will be welcome in Spain, enjoy your break from the madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It’s supposed to be checked 100% at departure and only spot checked at the arrival airport, ie only a much reduced check on arrival to reduce backlogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Thats good to hear. I'm not planning on going just yet - will wait to see how the delta wave goes, how the queues are, and how hysterical the parents I live with are (read: very). My boss is firmly in the "until theres a new circular, the previous one applies", so hopefully someone else will get to test it before I do!

need to get back to Ireland from the UK for a funeral...

What is the story with this?

I'm double jabbed, but only got the 2nd last week, so not "immune"

PCR test I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ito

Hi there,

I will get my second dose of Pfizer in 2 weeks time (Wednesday), and I have a medical appointment in my country (Spain) the following Monday, which means that I won't have time to get the "passport".

1. Is it possible to fly with the "paper"?
    2. If not, I guess I can't fly at all because all tests (antigen or whatever) will be positive at the airport.

Is it any website or phone number I can use to get some information?

Thank you very much,

Vaccine will not make you test positive so you will probably just have to do a PCR test a few days before going to Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Yes - or fly to Belfast with no test and have someone collect you.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,470 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

Advertisement