Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timeless watch channel

• 02-05-2021 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Oisin left a peculiar message on the channel lately...has since been pulled...what’s happening there...hoping all’s ok

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

How do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

oldsmokey wrote: »
    Oisin left a peculiar message on the channel lately...has since been pulled...what’s happening there...hoping all’s ok

Yeah saw that musical video that was removed.

He's obviously been dealing with some personal troubles.

As a Patreon subscriber I got a message earlier today.

"Thanks so much to all of you for your continued support of the channel. Sorry i haven't been very present the past couple of weeks. Just getting through some personal stuff. I'll be back with new videos this coming week!!"

So it looks like he will be posting videos again soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

The lad does some classy stuff..I don’t get the mad Rolex affinity, but he’s kinda cool and can carry it off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Like a lot of creative people and artists, I would think he struggles with his own demons. He is a good guy and hope he gets back to the watches soon. He puts a lot of pressure on himself lately to be a entertainer, lifestyle guru and fashonista. Sure he will be back soon. His instagram is busy enough.

Fitz II wrote: »
    Like a lot of creative people and artists, I would think he struggles with his own demons. He is a good guy and hope he gets back to the watches soon. He puts a lot of pressure on himself lately to be a entertainer, lifestyle guru and fashonista. Sure he will be back soon. His instagram is busy enough.

Says our own entertainer and luxury lifestyle YT guru. :rolleyes:

We don't know if it was a mental health issue, could have been physical (Covid?) or business or family related. Better not to jump to conclusions.

• Advertisement

Says our own entertainer and luxury lifestyle YT guru. :rolleyes.

I am not there yet CT but I am sure in time my own personal demons will rear their heads, in the mean time I just deal with the ones posting on the internet.

I have followed him since before he had 100 subs, there have been a good few hints dropped in the past for the observant. It aint covid the lucky bastard was having a meal in a restaurant last night.

I am not there yet CT but I am sure in time my own personal demons will rear their heads, in the mean time I just deal with the ones posting on the internet.

I have followed him since before he had 100 subs, there have been a good few hints dropped in the past for the observant. It aint covid the lucky bastard was having a meal in a restaurant last night.

Well thanks for that...I’ve seen most of his vids, nothing popped out at me...my missus does say I’m a bad case...he’s an interesting character, hope all’s well in the end...spent a while looking , listening to his former band, failed to dig that too...

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Oisin is back.
    This time with advertisement coffee from Adrian.
    ;-)

Oisin is back.
    This time with advertisement coffee from Adrian.
    ;-)

Yeah just watched it, all 1:53 of it. Not the best after 3 weeks absence.

Anyway will wait to see what else he has over the next days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭893bet

Yeah just watched it, all 1:53 of it. Not the best after 3 weeks absence.

Anyway will wait to see what else he has over the next days.

You will have to cut back his wages.

• Advertisement

893bet wrote: »
    You will have to cut back his wages.

I won't be cutting back, the true Oisín has returned with his new Tudor chrono. He's blaming his Italian ex-girlfriends for the absence but not giving any juicy details. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nexM3uPYFy8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

What's his day job?

Passenger wrote: »
    What's his day job?

Hi is in music production and seems to have a computer shop in New York that he remote controls.

I won't be cutting back

It is important to support those less fortunate than ourselves.

893bet wrote: »
    It is important to support those less fortunate than ourselves.

I doubt he's depending on the small sum I send him monthly. It's just to encourage him to continue to entertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭Passenger

Hi is in music production and seems to have a computer shop in New York that he remote controls.

Interesting. He certainly enjoys the finer things in life.

Another good vid there, watched over lunch. I am not sold on that tudor I feel Zenith stole their thunder with the release and the zenith chronomaster has a far more interesting shape and is thinner. That tudor might be "muscular and manly" but you could equally say its "massive and unrefined".

One point he makes repeatedly is that Tudor are the less bling brand.....I think the solid gold green dial BB58 had to run and hide, along with all the two tone heritage Chronos.

Oisín's back to normal service with another great YT video. Tudor BB Chrono with lots of early morning shots of the watch against views of Venice to the music of Wagner. Talking watches at Café Florian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUzL9QjHljw

Great to see the dude back in form..the effort he puts into those vids is enormous..it’s fun to see Venice from a different angle too.and he likes a vino/ cigar..god bless ‘Im..

New Timeless video in partnership with the micro brand Zero West. Hawker Hurricane related. It contains one major historical howler.

(2) NEW RELEASE!! - Zero West H1-P3708 - YouTube

• Advertisement

A very nicely done vid, but not a lot of watch content.

Must say I wasn't terribly impressed by it. The history bit was undermined by the obvious shallowness of his knowledge about WW2. Looked to me like he had read the publicity pack given to him by Zero West regarding the pilot and his Hurricane and then the rest came from movies he's seen.

Judging by the comments section, however, I'm definitely in a minority, lots of gushing praise.

Yes the watch bit was more a presentation than a true review. Not to my taste, reminds me too much of those commemorative products companies try to flog every time there's an anniversary of some Anglo or American victory. They love to milk the WW2 nostalgia market.

Oisin better up his game quick or I will be cancelling my patronage.

I much prefer his stuff when he doesnt try so hard. This one was very TGV like. He has been doing a lot of livestreams lately and you get a much better insight into his personality. I am finding him best in smaller doses. Would love him to do an actual SOTC.

He has started the playing the game a little recently with the live streams. Appearing on some very small channels. To get big subs he needs to change his style a little which is sad. Too niche otherwise. Nico with 400k and it’s all crap.

i enjoy most of his videos but this style one bores me a little along with his story time ones. I like his travel and drinking ones and some of his shooting the breeze ones.

I will also cut his salary if he don’t up his game.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

That vid had me almost buying the watch, but my German ancestors stopped me. How much is the watch does anyone know?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The fact we don't know offhand says much about his video Blue... I agree with CT above, his "history" on this and the previous Spitfire watch was piss poor and more about ad copy and thumbnail sketches of history, with extra bombast. Then again reality doesn't sell so well. Should go over well with the "Murican market and Youtube Kidz(tm) who naturally are rarely that interested.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

"Not to my taste, reminds me too much of those commemorative products companies try to flog every time there's an anniversary of some Anglo or American victory. They love to milk the WW2 nostalgia market."

Yup. More than a sniff of this going one alright.

That said the actual Franklin Mint made squillions from barely disguised tat, so there's that. The interwebs just adds some extra gloss at times.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

It's a bit too 'saving private Ryan' alright, will stick to the Damasko for now. It's always the winners who get to write the history books. Hopefully Oisin can give us a bit of balance in a future video. I'm no history buff, but even I had a doubt about some of the facts too.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,542 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Prices of the Zero West watches are insane. I'm a right to suspect that these watch channels get financial rewards for promoting the likes of these?

Advertisement