Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for affordable lawn seeds (20-25kg)

Options
  • 19-07-2021 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

I had to replace 2 whole gardens of lawn and I'm desparately looking affordable lawn seeds (20-25kg).

It seems there's a shortage in supply in Dublin in where I live (at least in the usual gardening shops like Woodies/Homebase etc). There's either no lawn seeds in store at all, or at a monstrous price.

After visiting 2 Woodies and 2 Homebase and could not find anything at all, I finally managed to get 2 small boxes of seeds from a gardening centre here in Templemore - it was 20 euro for 900 grams. Just seems way too expensive.

The cheapest I can find so far is 80 euro for 20kg in Co-op plus 5 euro shipping. Google doesn't help much as it only promotes those who pay a lot of ad fees (and therefore the seeds are more expensive too).

Are there any local stores that have cheaper seeds in Dublin or in surrounding areas? I wouldn't mind having a bit of drive.

Comments

Advertisement