Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bars are open under level 3 in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Was in around tonight, every place very well organised and no messing, Very safe

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Was in itty bittys last night,Lovely covered area upstairs,Simple menu of burgers and wings etc and a great table service.Will be back

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Was in the Yard the other night, brilliant setup esp if the weather is good. Few teething issues mainly trying to get served but that will improve with time

I imagine the area will become a permanent fixture even when indoor reopens ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Does any of the pubs have a good set up for the euros

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Does any of the pubs have a good set up for the euros

The Yard and Pinks

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The Yard and Pinks

does jack meades have anything set up for the euros

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Question: Do all bars have to provide table service, even if outside (obviously it's only outside at the moment)? I was in a place this afternoon (don't want to name and shame just yet), place was rammed, but everyone had to queue at the hatch for their pints.

To make matter worse I got a dirty glass for my 2nd pint; various marks on the outside of the glass and even bit of food stuck to the rim. It was so busy I didn't bother complaining but just left shortly afterward. I was in the same place last Summer (outside service) and it was a hell of a lot better; table service and clean glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

does jack meades have anything set up for the euros

Nope. was there yesterday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

so what's the best option in town to watch the euros over a pint ?

geoffs being cleaned up this morning, looks like they're getting ready to open.

I've a friend coming down for a visit in a few days. Where would be good for a bit of lunch before a few pints. I am thinking the reg , I haven't tried the food in pinks though. Open to suggestions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I've a friend coming down for a visit in a few days. Where would be good for a bit of lunch before a few pints. I am thinking the reg , I haven't tried the food in pinks though. Open to suggestions

Personally it you don't mind going outside the city I couldn't recommended the cove more. The best food hands down of any pub in Waterford and a gorgeous pint of Guinness. Seriously good food.

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    so what's the best option in town to watch the euros over a pint ?

geoffs being cleaned up this morning, looks like they're getting ready to open.

Woodman.

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Question: Do all bars have to provide table service, even if outside

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Was In reg at the weekend and was impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

pinks is like something you see on the main strip in santa ponsa. avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

Kervicks/ "Bull and shoite/Green" reopening as Tierney's. O'Leary hospitality. Can only be an improvement. https://www.facebook.com/Tierneys-Bar-Lounge-109577791360129/

Gardner wrote: »

Pinks is a great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Pinks is a great spot.

Seems they got lots of negative reviews at the start but from what I see a lot of people genuinely like it and to be fair they have an excellent outdoor area.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Flow Motion

Gardner wrote: »

As the local phrase goes "tis better dan nothin boy!".
    Betcha you would be complaining if there wasnt such a restaurant in Waterford.
    And vice versa. Everyone is an annoying critic these days. Live and let live. Life is way too short. This past year+ should have changed peoples outlooks somewhat but people being people they will revert to type when the danger passes:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Seems they got lots of negative reviews at the start but from what I see a lot of people genuinely like it and to be fair they have an excellent outdoor area.

Yep,drove past it last night,it does indeed look well,plenty in there too,which is great to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Any recommendations to see the Euros final on Sunday?

Staying with herself in Granville hotel, but rather not watch it in hotel (defo not in the room unless HAVE to)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

jeffk wrote: »
    Any recommendations to see the Euros final on Sunday?

Staying with herself in Granville hotel, but rather not watch it in hotel (defo not in the room unless HAVE to)

Thanks

Upstairs area in The Reg would be a good bet but you'd have to book asap. The Yard @ The Woodman is another place that's well equipped for it.

Upstairs area in The Reg would be a good bet but you'd have to book asap. The Yard @ The Woodman is another place that's well equipped for it.

Thanks for fast reply

Im guessing you need to book to just have a table to sit and drink at? Dont think be having food

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

jeffk wrote: »
    Thanks for fast reply

Im guessing you need to book to just have a table to sit and drink at? Dont think be having food

Yeah it's not the biggest of spaces up there and because it's relatively covered from the elements, there's no hope of you walking in off the street and getting one on a whim.

Yeah it's not the biggest of spaces up there and because it's relatively covered from the elements, there's no hope of you walking in off the street and getting one on a whim.

Cool ,thanks again for fast reply and information

Tierneys formally Kervicks/bull and Green is a decent setup and the outdoor area is good

Saw on FB the Exchange reopening on the 26th July but the government aren't making a decision on indoor hospitality til Wednesday this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

And they brought back that ignorant barman too, who was in the Bull and Green, cant believe that! They had their chance to change the guard and they pick the worst person possible to deal with the public. Anyone who goes there will know who im talking about. They lost my business anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Heading down to your fine city this weekend, staying in Dooleys.

Any recommendations for somewhere to watch the Rugby? Best places to swig pints in general?

Thanks.... 

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

I attempted to go the The Woodman for the Euros final and didnt happen (queue outside and then the aul two or three lads five mates join the queue and said enough of that)

Ended up in Sinnotts smoking area (before indoor was open) and was a good mixed crowd with fast and friendly staff

• Advertisement

As far as I know The Three Ships is the rugby pub in town. I could be wrong on this. The cove and the uluru are proper rugby pubs but they are outside the city centre.

Advertisement