Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Prices

• 09-03-2021 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭

Lads looking online on jeeps and tractors, prices are gone bloody mad.
    Was gona upgrade the skidsteer in November but held off, prices have gone up 5k since. Will they drop when things settle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Tileman

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Lads looking online on jeeps and tractors, prices are gone bloody mad.
    Was gona upgrade the skidsteer in November but held off, prices have gone up 5k since. Will they drop when things settle?

Everything is gone up . People not spending money on usual going out or drinking or holidays and everyone’s trading up or renovation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Isn't there a supplement in the Farmers Journal with new machinery prices and tractor prices every year. Would make interesting reading comparing this years prices to 2020 prices.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Tileman wrote: »
    Everything is gone up . People not spending money on usual going out or drinking or holidays and everyone’s trading up or renovation etc.

And i d say fellas are comfort buying too just to have something new in the yard to play with

• Registered Users Posts: 24,343 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

K.G. wrote: »
    And i d say fellas are comfort buying too just to have something new in the yard to play with

Might be a hard choice once things open up again and they need money to go out and such

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

The increasing price of new gear is dragging g everything up with it. Non mainstream, or what some considered non mainstream anyway, brands are all serious money new as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭cute geoge

always cpming on to silage tracors and gear,is in more demand so is price dearer .Then come September more value to be found

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

cute geoge wrote: »
    always cpming on to silage tracors and gear,is in more demand so is price dearer .Then come September more value to be found

I was keeping my eye out for a 20/22ft rake since last October and the winter prices are 25% plus higher than april/May 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭DBK1

I was keeping my eye out for a 20/22ft rake since last October and the winter prices are 25% plus higher than april/May 2020
    It was the same last year as well. I bought a 4 year old 26 foot rake last May for the same price as I would have paid for a 10-12 year old if I had bought it during the previous winter.

When a dealer has a grass machine sitting in his yard it’s in the summer he wants to get rid of it or else he could be looking at it for another 12 months. He won’t sell it cheap at this time of the year as he knows he has plenty of time still to pick up potential customers.

The real trick of the trade is to get lads thinking you’re giving them an out of season deal when for the last few years the prices have always been cheaper in season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

I was eyeing up a wrapper and baler last year at this time. More of a choice came on the market just at the beginning of the season I found as well . Genuine farmer machines with low work where , but realistic the dealers are sitting on older contractor trade ins mostly

I ended up buying a McHale BE wrapper with 11500 bales and a JD baler with 10300 bales on them from new cheaper than I could buy slightly newer machines with 4 times the work done

DBK1 wrote: »
    It was the same last year as well. I bought a 4 year old 26 foot rake last May for the same price as I would have paid for a 10-12 year old if I had bought it during the previous winter.

When a dealer has a grass machine sitting in his yard it’s in the summer he wants to get rid of it or else he could be looking at it for another 12 months. He won’t sell it cheap at this time of the year as he knows he has plenty of time still to pick up potential customers.

The real trick of the trade is to get lads thinking you’re giving them an out of season deal when for the last few years the prices have always been cheaper in season.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭mengele

All im hearing nowadays is that everything is scarce and takes 2 or 3 months to come into stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

What's a BMW x3 4 wheel drive like on the farm, impossible to get a trooper or pajero

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Would they be big enough for towing? I would have thought that an X5 would be better suited, although there does seem to be a lot less of them about now.

Be just used for bringing in the cows offroad

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

How bad is the cow road? Would an old diesel car with knobby tyres on the front do the job?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Do you mean driving behind the cows walking - or in a trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭minerleague

Sorry to derail thread but is it possible to lift car higher than just bigger tyres, have Golf van here which belonged to an uncle of mine, body work means not worth doing up for road driving but very low to ground for farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 carscon

Is a new holland TL90a too light for loader work with bales of silage?

Make about 400

I wouldn't be hard on a machine

Any help much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Grueller

Handled up to 300 bales a year plus 60 acres of pit silage through a 4' shear grab for 13 years with a TL90. She never gave a bother on the front axle. She had a dry clutch and manual shuttle so the clutch was replaced twice but any dry clutch tractor and loader combo will need that maintenance.

They are a fantastic stockman tractor imo.

Thanks for the reply,

This one has a power shuttle, 6000 hours, for 30k inc vat, very clean

Iv a zetor forterra 9641 no loader which I'm keeping, the garage man tells me I'm not going to be happy in the TL90A because it's a good bit lighter than my zetor

???

Ah it will be but they have serious grunt for their size. I still have mine as a second tractor and often spread slurry on a 1600 gallon tank with her. She is light but very capable.

• Advertisement

Same tank here, you would need a weight on the back when at bales ?

Can they grab a bale with soft hands, turn it up and put it on a trailer without much bother?

Need 4 wheel drive into the fields and bad hills also

No weight but I use the roller type handler occasionally only. I spike them and wrap them in the yard. Contractor stacks as he wraps.

I don't know what to do

Would he be happy to give you a demo some day you are at a few bales?

Yeah I'd say he would, hes on the look out of a TS100 or similar

We've always used weight blocks at the back with front end loaders regardless of the size. Takes a lot of pressure off the front axle. If you don't have one front your loader tractor you should seriously look into getting one. We use one which only connects to the arms - can put it off and on in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The middle inch

The model that came after the TLA series was the T50X0 series. A T5050 would be the replacement for the TL90A. I seem to remember one of the changes was the front axle was upgraded on them, primarily for loader work.

We have a TL70A (no loader), manual shuttle. Never gave a minute's trouble in 14 years.

Advertisement