Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID passport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

While i do not know for sure i expect once the QR is generated it will work. I don't think there likely be an option for to set-up to become active some time later. The DCC certs are being sent out a few days after second vaccine.

That's just my opinion....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

People posting in other thread stating they were checked today on the DCC to see if they were past 14 days when flying out, dcc has the date of your last vaccine, this was for going to Spain, Caranica pointed out above its different rules for each destination, which I was unaware of.

Which thread is that...

Basically you are saying that we have a DCC cert to arrive but our Government will not recognize their own document..

For me once it has the code its ok...

Spain recognizes proof of second vaccine without DCC document so there is something wrong here...

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Waldo99

QR code does not work for my DCC.

It returns a no valid data error 🤯

Could be geolocked, but I expect it just doesn’t work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Waldo99

Printed out the cert, and scanned it on my QR reader on my phone. Also scanned directly from a phone, so it wasn’t the printing.

I had tests done for travel, and those QR codes took me directly to the test reports.

Would not be one bit surprised if the rollout is botched. (Could also be me doing it wrong😑 )

So I think it might have been myself that started the questions on the ‘days after 2nd dose DCC validity’

I was just saying that I’d been reading on Twitter that’s some people had been saying they’d got their DCC a couple days after their 2nd jab but had been told or seen on the re-open site that it’s only valid based on fully vaccinated dates which are:

- 7 days after the 2nd jab for Pfizer/Moderna

-14 days after 2nd jab for AZ

-15 days after 2nd jab for J&J

or something like that.

I haven’t looked myself as it doesn’t affect me but I’m sure the info is out there.

It makes sense as the date of your 2nd jab is on your DCC and you’re obviously not fully vaccinated the minute you get the 2nd jab, has to be time for the ‘vaccine’ to promote the production of antibodies.

Sure we’ll find out in the next few days/weeks

Here:

Arrangements for passengers fully vaccinated with approved COVID-19 vaccines

Arrivals seeking to avail of this exemption must have documentary evidence of having received a full course of one of the following vaccines and have completed the final dose of that vaccine a sufficient period prior to travel to Ireland to be regarded as fully vaccinated. Only these vaccines, which are the equivalent of those approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA), are acceptable in order to qualify for this exemption. 

You are regarded as fully vaccinated Pfizer-BioNtech Vaccine: BNT162b2 (Comirnaty®)7 days after 2nd doseModerna Vaccine: CX-024414 (Moderna®)14 days after 2nd doseOxford-AstraZeneca Vaccine: ChAdOx1-SARS-COV-2 (Vaxzevria® or Covishield)15 days after 2nd doseJohnson & Johnson/Janssen Vaccine: Ad26.COV2-S [recombinant] (Janssen®)14 days after single dose

Your right we will find out.

Spain is accepting proof of having second jab for entry, we need PCR test.

It seems from what i have read here the EU have got this one wrong.

I assume if someone comes here with a DCC doc with QR code they be allowed.

I am reading here we go to Spain with same doc we cannot enter..

I cammot make any sense of this EU Covid passport....

• Advertisement

That certainly will not wash with people who have a DCC doc from another EU country that is recognized in home country.

There is no such thing as a delayed official legal document...

You don’t need a PCR test to enter here if you’re fully vaccinated.

You seem to getting very confused.

Spain are ‘allegedly’ only considering visitors fully vaccinated 14 days after any vaccine completion

https://reopen.europa.eu/en/map/ESP/7001

I am not confused at all, if we are not accepting the doc with the QR code a person needs to have PCR.

It was someone else who said there was a delay process which i totally disagree with.

I am reading what i see here which i think is rubbish...

For me once we have the doc with code we free to travel in EU...

I can’t follow what you’re saying at all!

if someone is fully vaccinated and have a DCC then they are free to travel here. They only need to complete a passenger locator form.

They DO NOT have to present a negative PCR test if they are fully vaccinated.

Unfortunately it’s not up to you that once you have the code you can go where you want, countries have different requirements, I’ve posted the link, feel free to read it!

I’ve tried to help you, you’re now throwing it back in my face!

I simply pointed out previously what I’d seen on Twitter and have since posted links to our requirements and to the re-open website that shows you country by country requirements!

The links I’ve posted give you the actual information you’re looking for!

What have you done other than ask difficult to understand questions here and post unappreciative comments back when others try to help

Seeing as you’re being rude and ungrateful, I’ll leave you to it. I’m sure you will just think what you want like your childish attitude of ‘For me once we have the doc with code we free to travel in EU...’

Good luck!

That's what i have being saying all of the time but you tried to twist it.

The conversation is written.

You said to me i was confused and i confirmed your previous post incorrect..

off with you, when you get caught you get abusive...

What is the matter with you! You have posted nothing, no facts no links to facts!

I’ve helped you by linking you to the information you asked for and this is how you respond!

My initial information from Twitter was actually correct; as per the links I have posted!

I tried to help you and you’ve been way out of line in your responses!

Reported and thankfully in this new version, ignored!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

This thread here, you'll have to read back a few pages, DCC or Vax card is fine going to Spain and coming back as long as it's 14 days after your second jab is what was said in the thread, that is for Spain.

https://boards.ie/discussion/2058190556/fly-me-to-the-moon-your-3rd-travel-megathread-read-op/p133

Post edited by glic83 on

• Advertisement

What don’t you understand about it?

I said that some people reported on Twitter that they received their DCC a couple of days after their 2nd jab.

I also said some people on Twitter saying that you’re not considered fully vaccinated until X amount of days after the 2nd vaccine dose.

What’s so difficult to understand?

For me once we have the passport with QR we can travel.

I have no interest whatever in twitter gossip... i do not follow...

And as I said, I’ve backed this up with links to our government and EU sites confirming my initial post.

And as I also said, just because you say if you have the DCC you can do what you want, doesn’t actually make it so.

And as I also also said, you seem to ignore all the help and facts you’ve been given, act very bizarrely about it and generally come across as very rude and ungrateful.

Are you more polite to people who give you answers that you want to hear rather than the truth? Do you want me to tell you you’re right, will that get a thanks out of you?

Hold-on you were the person that said i was confused, you can check.

As for agreeing i prefer have honest disagreement.

If i wrong its education.

My point has always been when we have the DCC cert we can travel.

Its a license to travel....

Regards....

Yeah I did, because you posted this:

‘Spain is accepting proof of having second jab for entry, we need PCR test.’

This isn’t correct, we are accepting proof of a 2nd jab in the form of the DCC, and if you have a DCC you don’t need a PCR test.

You're still saying it’s a licence to travel, it isn’t, it’s a passport to travel based on the destinations requirements. And that could be changed at any stage through an emergency brake.

People other than you have asked similar questions, I posted what I’d found and factual links to Gov and EU sites stating each countries requirements.

Your posts have just been argumentative and aggressive towards someone who has gone to the effort of doing what you could have done at any point…… found out the information.

This is my last response to you. I tried to help, clearly this was a mistake.

Bye

You are the first person in this conversation by saying to me i am confused, that's argumentative to me.

I think if i need help i wouldn't get it on boards, thankfully i can do it...

I was trying to help you, what you posted was incorrect so I said I think you’re getting confused and posted links to the relevant information. This isn’t an argumentative statement.

I think perhaps you and I have a bit of a language barrier, for example I’m totally confused by your last sentence. 😉

Either way. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Here's an actual fact. I got my second vaccine at the weekend. My DCC just arrived, I did not have to wait until 7 days after my second Pfizer jab as was alleged here. Luckily I'm off to the UK at the weekend so the only place it matters is coming back and it's valid right now 🎉

Advertisement