Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,855 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Do the lads that called for Varadkar to step aside during an investigation agree that Mary-Lou should step aside now that her party is subject to a Garda investigation? Do they support the bullying and intimidation of the lone female staff member on duty? Or will they blame the OPW for leaving a lone female in charge? Always someone else's fault, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

SF taking over national monuments that are owned by the people of Ireland to carry out some propaganda stunt.

Well I suppose its better than killing and murdering innocent people and saying, "We are not guilty, someone else made me plant that semtex, sir"

Not a normal party is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭FullyComp

Sinn Fein down to 30% on all polling today. Their performance must be judged as poor if they have such modest gains against the power swap coalition of chaos!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

....Those who called for Varadkar to step aside were doing so presumably because he personally was the subject of a criminal investigation. Nothing in that article indicates that MLMD is subject to a criminal investigation, so it would be a pretty huge stretch to try and draw an equivalence there.

While I would consider breaching the OSA more serious than the possible crime that the SF activists in the article committed, surely the equivalent call would be for those being investigated to step aside even if one thought it was just as serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭JPup

How is it a government of chaos? The vaccine roll out has been very successful. Since the start of 2020 Ireland has had the fastest growing economy in the world (due to multinationals but still).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,815 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Realisation of the above is not rocket science and blanch and mark know it.

How anyone could look at the government communications any time and conclude it anything other than a farce is beyond me

Only this week we had 12 hours of absolute chaos and mixed messages surronding vaccine passports (yanno this well flagged thing that we managed miss the date for having it ready to go)

Whatever yous view on opposition,if you took half a dozen TY students they would make a better go of it....jokeshop of a government

Is it true,despite our econmy effectively closed down most of 2020,our GDP rose??,and what effect do you feel the rising gdp figures have on an average person?....looks to me a farce of a figure

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭FullyComp

I was actually being sarcastic! I think they're doing ok, sure there are some mistakes and the communication should improve (special communication unit anyone?) but overall doing well I think.

For the poster above - yes our GDP rose and collectively we have never saved so much money in the bank

Funny that, last I checked, the opinion polls have the government parties on 50%, so around half of the population must believe that the actions speak louder than the words. Yes, the government's communications have been bad, but that 50% recognise that behind that, they have been making the right decisions (e.g. where is Mary-Lou and her unvaccinated indoor dining now? What an idiotic position that was, gone all quiet and disappeared to hide her embarrassment).

It is something when the biggest anti-government whingers can only complain about the communications issues. We are in a pandemic, unprecedented decisions have to be made quickly and on the fly, if there weren't communications issues, that would mean they weren't concentrating on the important stuff. Make no mistake, the Irish people owe this government a huge debt for the steady way that they have steered us through the pandemic in the face of a calamity next door.

Tell us again how they fcuked up the vaccine passports...its not as if they hadnt months of notice

Ya.....we owe the government debt of gratitude for their living with covid plan to save xmas that resulted in worst infection rates in the world and a death toll to rival the entirety of the troubles......i dunno who yous are trying to fool,but your position deosnt stand up to even basic scrutiny🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Do old people and immunocompromised just not matter to our ruling class🤔we know they dispise the poor already (arent you gut who says they spend all their money on booze and fags...smells like ffg vibes)

• Advertisement

An awful lot of anger in that, Sinn Fein must be down in the opinion polls. It could be a lot worse - just look at the way that the numbers in the North have been far worse than the South for most of the pandemic, and a higher proportion of the population has been killed by the inactions of the DUP/SF government. Look across the water to England, and see the mess that Boris Johnson has made. We have been very lucky in comparison thanks to this government.

No government in the world can stop a pandemic from killing people, but they can manage it to reduce the toll, while also ensuring that some semblance of normal life can continue. So far, it appears we have done a good job. So long as ordinary people keep their heads for the next few months, we will be in a much better place, if they don't, as NPHET fears, or if a new variant appears, this could still go badly wrong.

As for last Christmas, thank god we didn't follow Mary-Lou's advice and keep the pubs open - an awful lot more would have died.

Agh yes.....unable to defend the absolute balls the government have made of things....blame shinners🤣🤣

Liberials just dont do personal responsibity,thats just for poor people and everyone else......tell us again why the government covered up the schools outbreak last dexember....and now want to put bar and waiting staff at risk,by ramming pubs and reataurants full of unvaxinated kids....try not to blame shinners this time though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭mikethecop

Investigation into IRA murder of Tom Oliver uncovers new DNA evidence (msn.com)

I wonder whos dna showed up at this murder scene ?

legacy issues for sf that just wont go away again

A full inquiry into this is to be welcomed with all sides allowed to give their story surronding it

Iirc it was this case more than any other aroused suspion among rural units as regards activities and unprofessional carryon of stakeknife leading to his retirement/explusion following year.....the truth will set you free,that mans family should be allowed know what exactly went on here

Last I checked we are on the Sinn Fein thread, so why wouldn't I be pointing out the complete idiocy that Mary-Lou has displayed on the Covid issue, back and forth on opening pubs etc. Does she still want unvaccinated people to be allowed in for indoor dining next week? Or have the numbers scared her into silence again?

Last i checked,yous are blowing smoke up everyones hole trying to lie the government has done well....now faced with having to defend your position yous slink away and hide behind fact its not a govt thread

A jokeshop poster to go with a jokeshop government.....its increasingly evident,you havnt an iota what yous are talking about and only posting for reaction....some might call that throlling though😘

You still haven't told us where Mary-Lou has disappeared to, and whether she still wants to allow the unvaccinated into indoor dining. To be fair, you might be waiting to see if she changes her mind again tomorrow.

As for the nonsense directed at me, I'll just ignore that.

Regretably for yous,im noones minder so i dunno....ive no bother saying paul murphy and pbp were only ones spoken sense on this subject

As for ignoring it,il just take it as acknowlegement that your out of your depth,and unable to defend yous position tbh

Will yous support a full and through inquiry into all aspects of tom olivers murder?

Just checked, she tweeted 3 hours ago.

You do love inventing these disappearances. 😀

• Advertisement

No, I'm ignoring the silly personal attacks you made, you didn't make a single substantive point in your post, so not going down into the sewer.

Except i did🤣🤣

Yous are just out of your depth and now squirming as yous been found out😆😆

Il ask.again,will you support a full and through investigation into tom.olivers murder....or do you just pick and choose which troubles killings to wail over?

Oh she has disappeared all right, off dealing with some other issue when Covid is the biggest threat to the country. Maybe you can tell me which way the wind is blowing in terms of opening up indoor dining to the unvaccinated.

Of course I support a full inquiry into Tom Oliver's murder. An innocent person killed by the PIRA, another in a long list of their victims.

Hopefully, because the murder occurred in this jurisdiction, it won't be covered by the amnesty that lets off all the other PIRA thugs.

Should indoor dining be closed until everyone whom.wants to be,has been vaxxinated

I have no issue with this position btw

Indeed.....i look forward to this inquiry airing and its entirety being worked out

Will retired gaurds and mi5 agents be compelled to attend,and if refusal to attend occurs...should the british ambassador be expelled?

Nope, I would keep the vaccinated only rule, even after everyone who wants to be has been vaccinated. Only those who can't be vaccinated for medical reasons should be excused.

Those who choose not to be vaccinated need to learn the cost. There was a time when you couldn't travel to certain countries unless you had certain vaccinations, those days are coming back.

How can somebody who tweeted filmed footage and comments 3 hours ago have 'disappeared'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

What's with all the yous?

When I speak I say yiz but have the cop on to use proper English when I write it.

• Advertisement

I worked in countries,yous need to be vaxxinated to work in....wild times from a UTDB🥰

I dont think anyone unvaxxinated should be let into the country,no mind a pub......particularly the kids,otherwise its proof they've learned absolutley zero from.last years debacle in the schools

Advertisement