Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Elements in oven stop working.

• 19-07-2021 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭

So I've had a Beko oven and twice or 3 times the element went. The Beko one was over 10 years old so I guess it served me well. I have a Nordmende oven now and again the element has stopped working twice or 3 times. I've had the Nordmende one less than 2 years. What could be happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

a few things can cause your problem, voltage would need to be measured to see if its normal at c230volts, if there is a significant drop to c200v or at the higher end of 240 it could be the problem , a fan motor not running at full speed will definitely cause the problem and the product itself is only so so. if light bulbs need replacing fairly often get your sparks to check the supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭tosspot

Had a repairman out before who said that switching the cooker off at the wall straight after using the oven can cause damage to the element. The fan keeps moving to cool down after it's finished but switching it off at the wall stops that and can cause issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I never switch it off at the wall. It's getting a bit ridiculous now.

switching off after using the main oven makes no difference to how long the fan oven element lasts, its a different fan motor located under the worktop that runs automatically to cool the switches and the outer door panels to prevent burns so that service man has a bit to learn

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Gussoe

Old thread but I also have a Nordmende, it's about a year and 8 months old and have had to replace the element 2x now.

DID Electric are just bidding time for the parts warranty to lapse and will probably cut me lose.

1st DID guy said i'm cooking too much wet food, and there's too much moisture in there. Wettest food I cook is roasted veg. So i stopped doing that. Since then the only things in the cooker are frozen pizzas, fish fingers, chicken nuggets and some scones. Use the oven part probably 3 or 4 times a week.

Now they are saying it's due to switching off the power using the wall switch. More bull crap.

Will never buy a Nordmende product again and will avoid DID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's just a Teutonic sounding brand name stuck on cheap Turkish and Italian white goods, to make you think you're buying into a quality German brand. The brand was bought by an Irish company called KAL in 2008, now called Gowan.

The "real" Nordmende company never made white goods, but TV's, radios, tape recorders and record players in Germany up until the 70's.

I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole either.

Only settle for a new element and fan motor, they need to be changed together

Advertisement