Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19 in Carlow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Know a neighbor who is 42 and getting their Jab today so maybe is based on when registered for the 40-45 group and not just purely age based.

Then again really depends on who you know as know a good few 30-39 year olds vaccinated based on who they knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

tommycahir wrote: »
    Know a neighbor who is 42 and getting their Jab today so maybe is based on when registered for the 40-45 group and not just purely age based.

Then again really depends on who you know as know a good few 30-39 year olds vaccinated based on who they knew.

He registered on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

46, got 1st one a week ago.
    Know lots of younger people that have received theres from doctors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Sam McAuleys in Fairgreen've been chosen's 1 of the pharmacies to dispense the Jansen vaccine to those in the 50+ age cohort.

Their other stores in Co. Wexford (Redmond Sq. & Enniscorthy) & Co. Cork (Douglas, Blackpool, Fermoy) & Tralee & Dublin (Charlemont St.) are also selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I think also Rathvilly pharmacy is getting some J&J vaccines.

• Advertisement

September1 wrote: »
    I think also Rathvilly pharmacy is getting some J&J vaccines.

Including above here's HSE list of Co. Carlow pharmacies involved in roll out of J&J vaccine > https://www2.hse.ie/Apps/Services/PharmaciesServiceList.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Out for a run this morning and was up by the college there was one hell of a cue of people waiting to go for their shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Out for a run this morning and was up by the college there was one hell of a cue of people waiting to go for their shot.

good to hear, might get my appointment sooner than I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

anyone know what age cohort they doing at the moment, heard 43 last week. Population wise thought they'd be a lot quicker. 40 myself. Hoped to get a vaccine next week.

votecounts wrote: »
    anyone know what age cohort they doing at the moment, heard 43 last week. Population wise thought they'd be a lot quicker. 40 myself. Hoped to get a vaccine next week.

FWIW you can still register if between 40 & 69 incl. which both you & I are > https://vaccine.hse.ie/

While you're a few years my junior it's a case of being patient; I'm reg'd since 3am the Thursday morning (I was eager!) a fortnight ago when my age cohort specifically became eligible but no text to confirm an appt. yet.

• Advertisement

Am quite frankly disgusted with the anti-vaxxers; a local man passed away earlier this week and there's been a huge pile in on him on social media incl. many comments on his Facebook profile; I mean he's passed on, he can't answer these f*****s back & his fam've gotta be aware of this & reading the comments & it's pure shameful.

He just happened to pass on the day after he got his 2nd Jab; since then ex ACI GE candidate for CW-KK in 2020 has posted a suggestive tweet re the situation & Dr. Ben Gilroy & Dr. Vincent Byrne came down Wednesday to make a video about it at Ashgrove/Eire Og Roundabout.

There's nothing to link his passing to the vaccine; it just coincided with it being 1 day later; nothing more, nothing less but these sick f*****s are dancing on his grave already.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    Am quite frankly disgusted with the anti-vaxxers; a local man passed away earlier this week and there's been a huge pile in on him on social media incl. many comments on his Facebook profile; I mean he's passed on, he can't answer these f*****s back & his fam've gotta be aware of this & reading the comments & it's pure shameful.

He just happened to pass on the day after he got his 2nd Jab; since then ex ACI GE candidate for CW-KK in 2020 has posted a suggestive tweet re the situation & Dr. Ben Gilroy & Dr. Vincent Byrne came down Wednesday to make a video about it at Ashgrove/Eire Og Roundabout.

There's nothing to link his passing to the vaccine; it just coincided with it being 1 day later; nothing more, nothing less but these sick f*****s are dancing on his grave already.
    Sad what some muppets will do for publicity, family shouldn't have to read crap like that

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Nokia6230i wrote: »

They are absolute scum of the highest order. So many people are getting vaccinated at the one time now, and so many people have different illnesses or get things like heart attacks etc regularly anyway that there's going to naturally be some crossover every now and again unfortunately but they are ready to pounce on anything.

Three weeks to the day from registering I'm booked in for this weekend.

What's the grub in Munnellys like? Might grab a breakfast roll or similar before heading in; pick up the paper when I'm there; it's fair to say I wouldn't be a regular but sure might's well treat myself when I'm next door.

Pfizer vaccine was in the text but I presume that's standard for my age group; not like I can pick and choose on the day; visions of the D'Unbelievables "I'll have one of dem and one of dem and one of dem" scene or the "I want that one" Harry Enfield clips....

• Registered Users Posts: 23 GreenRdBoy

Munnellys has been all renovated so lovely outside eating area is awaiting you Nokia6230i. Nice sunny morning with coffee and a roll would set you nicely for the jab. I live nearby so usually have a nosey into IT when passing. Seems to be flying everyday. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I heard today that Carlow has the highest rate of Covid incidences in the country, has anyone else heard this?

Carlow and Kilkenny were top last week I read so no surprise if if one or both of them are top again.

They have now also supply of Pfizer vaccines that can be given to anyone who is eligible to register in online system, which at time of this post is 30+

Another fricking anit-lockdown protest occurred in Carlow on Saturday at about 2pm-3 O'Clock; from the Fountain they proceeded to stand outside Jennifer Murnane O'Connor FF TDs office on Tullow St.; which is closed at the weekends so a bit pointless that day and in general anyway......

About 10 of them in total incl. the usuals; think I could name, recognised only 3 of them though.

This is the 3rd Time, last Monday outside her office too & then about a week & a half before that also at the Fountain on the Saturday at 3 O'Clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I can't help but laugh because they're protesting outside the offices of one of the most useless TDs in the county. I see her new modus operandi is discrimination against the knackers in town that are openly dealing drugs from their front door.

• Advertisement

This weekend there is walk in vaccination available at vaccination center for anyone aged 16 or more https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-vaccinations/covid-19-vaccine/get-the-vaccine/find-a-covid-19-vaccination-centre/

Childrens Freedom Choir/Anti-Lockdown event organised for this Saturday the 31st at 12 Noon; Chief is Mother of the Carlow Rose.

In case anyone likely to be there wishes to avoid it so's not to be on camera without their consent, live-streamed, filmed & counted as being participants at the event.

Tempted to say "Avoid it like the plague" but, well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Notmything

Wrong thread

Out for a run this afternoon up by the IT and it was great to see hundreds queuing to go in for the vaccine as it's a walk in today.

The vaccine centre has now moved from the IT to the Seven Oaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Drove by the test centre yesterday and it was crazy. Must have been over thirty cars queueing. Is that a regular thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

It is apologies I don't know why I put the Seven Oaks when I knew it was Dolmen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Be well and win

Surprised at the amount of anti vax stickers stuck on lamp posts around the schools. Shame on our glorious council at not cleaning them off.

Advertisement