Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the new Boards.ie platform - Version 1.0 :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭archfi

Is everyone still getting the non-working expand icon on quoted posts on desktop?

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Very nice, was trying a few times to get rid of the fbook and twttr icons - now gone 😀

Nice quote box too but expand arrow still not working

Thanks!

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Seems to be working ok from what I can see?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I've just figured out how to set preferences on my phone. 🙄😏

You have to scroll across to get the tick boxes for each option, I couldn't figure that out because it should all be visible on your screen.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Just to confirm that the person posting as Devnull there isn't me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭hometruths

That's about the quote expand button on dsktop?

Thanks for that, must be my setup so

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,312 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Did anyone in the office even think of doing

" A voice of the customer" as part of the project?

I don't see many people saying that this what they wanted.

I actually like to see Thanks for posters. There are so many long term users who have contributed so much to the site and that seems to have disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Obviously it has been a mess. It's still a mess. Will continue to be a mess. I'm not denying that. Even trying to find my way back here to the thread was a chore, it's actually comical how non-functional the navigation is.

But, if everything about the whole saga seems two-bit that's because it is. The whole process has held up an unflattering light to how small time boards really is.

It's a small part of another company, with a tiny handful of no doubt shat upon staff, whose business model persists because it cornered the market in what it offers about fifteen years ago and just enough of a proportion of the aging user base are baked in - having been here for years - and so will still use it in enough numbers to make enough commercial sense for now, even if the user experience isn't up to snuff - because most of them use it for nothing and unpaid volunteers do most of the work to keep the place ticking over anyway. Is it any wonder it was a bit of botch job? I'm not trying to be harsh here, just honest.

I think our time spent here makes us lose sight of what this place really amounts too. Maybe a bit of egoism on our parts. At one time I would have said boards was a community alongside being a message board on the Internet - when things like boards meet ups and the likes used to happen, but that's been gone for years now, well before this. We all spend a lot of time here, but when the place shuts - as it did for the week - it's slightly sad how obvious it is that it doesn't really matter.

Post edited by Arghus on

• Advertisement

Just tried in Chromium and it's fine - it's some setting in my Firefox.

EDIT: found it - in Firefox privacy.resistFingerprinting needs to be false to get the expand arrow on a quote box to work!🙄

Post edited by archfi on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I told loads of lads about your posts and they read the **** out of them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Must say, I pity the one developer. Poor fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Additional JS routine to auto show thanks on a post - needs some styling - it only ever returns 10 thanks

Maybe I should start my own thread...but probably no one would ever find it...

$(".ReactButton-Like .Count").each(function(index) {

postid=$(this).closest("li").attr("id")

post_id=postid.split("_")

post_id=post_id[1]

$("<div id='thanks_"+post_id+"' style='margin-left: 246px !important;background:#fff;padding:10px;color:#c12525'>Thanks by: </div>" ).insertAfter($(this).closest(".postbit-wrapper"));

$.ajax({ url: "https://boards.ie/reactions/users/Comment/"+post_id+"/like?DeliveryType=VIEW",

method: "GET",

custom: post_id })

.done( function(data, textStatus, jqXHR) {

var postID = this.custom; 

$(data).find('li a').each(function(index) {

if($(this).attr("title")!=undefined){

$('#thanks_'+ postID).append($(this).attr("title")+", ");

}})

});});

Post edited by fritzelly on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

For editing your own posts, I think.

Edit: that is true.

Post edited by YFlyer on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

@Boards.ie: Odhran @Boards.ie: David

@Boards.ie: Niamh

Once again, can you PLEASE separate this into two threads!!!

I'm trying my best but it's impossible to keep up when a lot of the posts don't relate to mobile. I'm sure a lot of the people who only use computers feel the same way when various suggestions about how to fix the mess have no relevance to them.

It's especially difficult as it's impossible to keep reading for more than fifteen minutes without my eyes watering.

On another note, @Boards.ie: David was not meant to be included in this post at all but his name appeared in my post when I was typing @Boards.ie: Niamh and it won't let me delete it.

The same has just happened with the @ member at the end of this post WTF?

@boardise

They’re showing on the front page of posts though beside the thread title. Definitely on a lot of threads I’ve never posted in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭JayRoc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Looks like they're on every post.

Edit my previous post using the cog wheel icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

the absolute state of that update

zero engagement, zero acknowledgement of actual issues, nothing

absolutely shameful way to treat a userbase doing it's best to let you know what's going on for them, no wonder you are haemorrhaging users to ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Can't see gubu lasting long when things settle down here.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 24,591 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Not sure if it's been answered....search isn't showing anything. But how do you delete a post?

I wanted to delete a double-post in a log of mine and it just allows to edit, it seems

<original text removed>

I was going to reply to this yesterday, but never finished the draft, now I don't see any way to delete this.

So posting this comment instead.

There is no "delete draft" button.

People working in offices or from home, with laptops connected to screens, you hardly expect them to be hunched over mobiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ballyargus

it's just awful lads. I not going to waste too much time writing more, or trying to navigate this sh*tshow

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If on desktop, click your profile icon at the top right, in that drop down there's a "drafts" menu.

If on mobile, go to your profile and scroll to the bottom, "drafts" will be listed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭mossie

Posting volumes on the site must be well down. Just looking at a few forums and threads I follow there's maybe 10% normal on any of those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Dunno, it was down alright I'd say but I think there's been a bit of an increase in activity over the last day or so? Anecdotal of course. I dont know where to see stats.

I'm getting used to it now and hopefully the uupcoming fixes will resolve many of the issues.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement