Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

The trilogy of matches on Sky was very good. Jamsie o Connor is so good..a really insightful contribution and he backs it up with evidence. The Limerick game camera work wasn't super but I suppose they'd 3 matches..It was still better than RTE which wouldn't be hard. Sky should get the whole package..with RTE only guaranteed the final.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

The trilogy of matches on Sky was very good. Jamsie o Connor is so good..a really insightful contribution and he backs it up with evidence. The Limerick game camera work wasn't super but I suppose they'd 3 matches..It was still better than RTE which wouldn't be hard. Sky should get the whole package..with RTE only guaranteed the final.

Ill happily have the apparently bad RTE over Sky if it means not giving those tabloid trash merchants my money

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Ill happily have the apparently bad RTE over Sky if it means not giving those tabloid trash merchants my money

You could say the same about RTE and their Liberal bias. We've no choice but to pay those lefties

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

You could say the same about RTE and their Liberal bias. We've no choice but to pay those lefties

Really Peggy cause you live in the UK so why are you paying RTE ?
    Save it for the IMHO chats kid

Really Peggy cause you live in the UK so why are you paying RTE ?
    Save it for the IMHO chats kid

Pardon me but you were the one that started going on about Sky being tabloid. Iv no problem keeping it to sport but I will respond to people who assume left wing rethoric represents the mainstream. RTE needs a clean out like what's going on in the BBC.
    I think today's game in Munster will be fascinating. I can see Clare playing great but not winning. That would mean a Tipp v Limerick final in Cork. To be honest I don't see a Flanagan/ Gillane axis getting enough scores in a two man full forward line. Its not Flanagan I'm worried about. I think Gillane needs a reality check. Fantastic talent but didn't deserve an All Star last year. He's not making enough runs this year and his shooting is way off. Frees are actually good and he passed 2 great balls yesterday..One to Lynch for a point and one well weighted pass to Hayes for a goal. There needs to be more from Gillane. I might start Boylan the next day ahead of Morrissey but that's probably abit unfair on Morrissey.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Advertisement

Silly to have left it this late, but is there a streaming service I can pay to see tonight's match on? Or is my best bet to set up Nowtv?

For what it's worth, got a day pass on NowTv for a tenner, well worth it for the hassle free watching it.

Thought we were trouble with 10 mins to go but Cork froze up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Thought we were trouble with 10 mins to go but Cork froze up a bit.

Limerick were no where near there best but still won comfortably enough, a sign of a great team as was the timing of the goals. He wont admit it but I would say that Kiely was absolutely delighted, got the win, no injuries and a tonne to work on and improve, really a perfect way to win a semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Good to get an 8 point win while not playing well but, like the league, no real form shown. For instance first 2 balls into the full forward line Gillane was yards behind and an easy clearance for the Cork defense. In the second half it was hard to see where Limerick were going to get a score, Casey was good, Lynch in patches but the other 4 forwards were poor, Hegarty will get the line some day with the lazy tackling.
    Hoping to get Tipp over Clare in the Minster final as its a real indication of where we are before things go up a notch.
    Hopefully the team is still gearing up for peaking end of July so a first round munster match is not the place to deliver a perfect performance, but get the feeling some may be resting on their laurels a bit.
    if we're in an all ireland final it will be worth it though, trusting that the management know what they are doing and any complacency will be addressed and someone else given a chance.

Mehapoy wrote: »
    Good to get an 8 point win while not playing well but, like the league, no real form shown. For instance first 2 balls into the full forward line Gillane was yards behind and an easy clearance for the Cork defense. In the second half it was hard to see where Limerick were going to get a score, Casey was good, Lynch in patches but the other 4 forwards were poor, Hegarty will get the line some day with the lazy tackling.
    Hoping to get Tipp over Clare in the Minster final as its a real indication of where we are before things go up a notch.
    Hopefully the team is still gearing up for peaking end of July so a first round munster match is not the place to deliver a perfect performance, but get the feeling some may be resting on their laurels a bit.
    if we're in an all ireland final it will be worth it though, trusting that the management know what they are doing and any complacency will be addressed and someone else given a chance.

I don't think Limerick are anywhere near as physically sharp as they were last December. Some amount of aimless balls out over the sideline in the second half, coupled with poor wides and they look like a team that's relying on muscle memory to get them out of trouble. No idea what happened Cork but they left us off the hook big time in the second half, would other teams be so wasteful?

I don't know if it's people resting on their laurels though as much as not being physically right for the Championship so soon after the last one ended.

Biggest worry for me is teams don't really have the time to get physically right at this stage of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Munster Hurling Final in Pairc Ui Chaoimh according the The Examiner.

• Advertisement

How were tickets allocated for those pilot games over the weekend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

How were tickets allocated for those pilot games over the weekend ?

On line link and first come first served.

But I think that may have been influenced by the late decision to allow an increased attendance and there was no time to arrange allocation to clubs etc. so it might be a bit different now that they have two weeks.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    On line link and first come first served.

But I think that may have been influenced by the late decision to allow an increased attendance and there was no time to arrange allocation to clubs etc. so it might be a bit different now that they have two weeks.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Any idea of what kind of attendance will be allowed for Munster final?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

At half time I thought we were done & looking at a 15/16 pt hammering. Poor league campaign and mediocre at best against Cork last time out. Incredible turn around in the 2nd half and looking like the team that won 2 all irelands. Gillane a lucky boy to not to get the líne. Flanagan was more clumsy than deliberate, similar to lynch getting one in the throat. Delighted and relieved this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭LMK

What a win to complete 3 MSHC in a row

They were second best in the first half but never gave in, Tipp seemed to dissolve after half-time but the energy that Limerick brought at that time was huge.

They do it their way for sure, they'll be hard to handle from here on in, next stop Croke Park, Luimneach abu!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

What a comeback, from being 10 down to the game being over at 55 mins was incredible

A couple of things to consider, why did management persist with English at full back when he is a corner back and Dan was immense last year, English gave up 2-1 before going off but im not sure if it wasn't for the injury that the switch would have been made

Lynch was ridiculously good

Tom Morrissey got 2 class points when we were struggling

Darragh really struggled in the first half but he got the short passing going after half time and got a rhythm going from 35-40 mins and one we found our stride they were immense

The indiscipline, form of Hannon, hegarty and others means we can't get over confident

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tranquilo

I agree about Dan, he should be straight back into full back from here on out. I huge presence in there and made a big difference when he came on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭shockframe

Brilliant comeback yesterday.

Over KIelys reign the first half was the worst but the second half was their best. We were always going to get our moments of dominance but no one was expecting the avalanche.

Flanagan and Nash were our best players over the course of the match but Lynch and Hayes were out of this world in the second. Hayes goal was just an absolute wonder.

A sloppy start like that again may not be as easy to recify in knockout and the forward discipline needs to be addressed in the next few weeks.

We've got to be in with a great chance now again. Theres a lot of rebuilding going on elsewhere and we look a lot stronger by comparison.

Tipp don't have the legs for it now. 5 or 6 of them have been around since 2009 and look like theres only a few weeks left for them. You couldn fault them for effort and they gave as good as they got but time waits for no one.

Post edited by shockframe on

• Advertisement

Yeah we struggled to get into the first half against KK in 2019.... another start like that again and other teams may have thr legs to keep going or at least not get totally run over like tipp yesterday.

It was the sweetest win especially with sheedy looking like a possessed lunatic clapping his team of at half time.... bubbles pointing at fellas after scoring his goal...

Can we get Caroline Currid and Gillane locked into a room for 3 weeks.... he is a fierce talent but he needs to keep his head. I would understand the frustration in fairness being pulled and dragged and the ref leaving it so long to blow for the free.... he gave us nothing in first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭thesultan

How is Casey the full back going with recovery?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

Great performance in the U20 match tonight v Clare. Looks a great team. O’Neill and Adam English are serious talents. English looks ready for the top level already at 18. Most exciting young talent Limerick have produced since Cian Lynch in his teens

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭raindodger

me of little faith thought we were gone thinking of who we would meet in the qualifiers

agree about adam english make some money if there was a transfer market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Dont the losers go into the quarter finals as opposed to the qualifiers?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭raindodger

your right , we will be back in croke park a happy hunting ground hard to believe we once saw it as a hoodoo

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Speaking to one of the lads on the NAP team last week, he said 8 weeks..

Will there be tickets available for the u20 Munster final in cork next week or limited to 500

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Has he already played a few county senior league games with NAP.?

i know for sure he has played 1 game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭High bike

I heard he got a setback won't be back this year

Advertisement