Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you even call this? Funeral procession joyride maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

We don't have the jail space for them, we should be building a new jail to put all these lads into, will also free up a few houses as well

• Registered Users Posts: 16,229 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

New prisons are desperately needed. Too many scrotes with hundreds of convictions walking our streets.

Had we a decent criminal justice system and stringently enforced custodial sentences these three men would likely still be alive today. Our current system is failing everyone.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭French Toast

Ireland is better off for the loss of them. Lived by the sword, died by the sword and good riddance.

Unfortunately, there are plenty more to take there place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I have said it so many times, if their are no guaranteed consequences then there is no deterrent, simple as that.

They run rings around the law laughing at the judicial system, while innocent people pay the price in more ways than one.

I would be very happy to know that my taxes were going towards an overhauled more stringent judicial system and a new prison system.

Many people would be able to sleep better and safer in their beds at night with this type locked up long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pity there wasn't more of them in the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Agree. Govt are always reactive instead of proactive in this country when it comes to investing in infrastructure. And when they do invest they get absolutely rode by the contractors.

The population is rapidly heading towards 10 million. They would want to wake the **** up fairly lively.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tri Oidhcheannan Eile

Andrea Gilligan on Newstalk this lunchtime was discussing the appropriateness and/or cringy-ness of various, mostly, pop songs played at funerals*. "My Heart Will Go On" topped the cringe-poll, btw.

Got me thinking about what was played for these skangers.

Prior to the funerals, the press have absolutely vilified these vermin - and rightly so - but as their parents/partners/families, wouldn't it have occurred to them to show a little decorum, class, and respect (particularly in the church) so not to attract further negative press? As it is, they may as well be waving a fúck-you flag to what we hope is a civilised country.

It's a world apart and I can't fathom it, tbh 😞

(* Neither pop nor cringe: 1985 album title track for my untimely/timely demise 😀)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,229 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭chicorytip

You make fair points. There is an unnecessary degree of spitefulness in some of the comments (not your own) here and elsewhere with some posters gleefully deriving satisfaction from the gruesome manner of their deaths.

*confused thrashing of daffodill-laden limbs*

😀 Nope. "Let me bid you farewell, every man has to die"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

They played 'Simply The Best' as the coffin left the church at Friday's scummer's funeral. Not joking.

It's been a while since I've googled, "Thornton Hall," but this is surely a move in the right direction?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/plans-for-substantial-prison-on-thornton-hall-site-back-on-agenda-1.4478375?mode=amp

"Prison authorities have attempted to combat overcrowding by adding new beds [...] and increasing the use of temporary release by 34 per cent."

Jesus wept.

"An increase in the national population to 5.3 million by 2026 will mean another 333 people in custody, [the IPS] said."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

It's called The Best.

The SDE of Foreign Affair came out last Friday so was playing it all weekend. Great album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Not really. They drove head on into somebody else at high speed going the wrong way up a road. It's literally almost the best outcome really, other than the truck driver being injured because they were going so fast the car burst into flames. They could have mangled a family and kids in the process of being 'legends' like their dirtball funeral attendants suggested.

These were 3 people who would have had many more years of inflicting misery at the expense of the tax payer ahead of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,679 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I wouldn't generally be the person to speak ill of the dead, but in this case, I will. I for one am glad they died screaming, as you can rest assured they did far worse to innocent people when they were alive. If there is a hell, they are in it. Forget all the glorification of their lives you see in the video, that is a coverup that these three people were nothing but scumbags and criminals, where we are much better off without them.

People should call out this behaviour for what it is. It borders on psychopathic. At least there was some justice in the way how they died. Burned alive is not a nice way to go, but for them, a little bit of payback for what they dished out in this life.

You cannot be taken aback that some people are happy that these people are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Was there an autopsy on the driver's body?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭dinorebel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I don't what information they would get from a pile of ash.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,969 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

and what would you do with the information if you could run such a report? Charge him with drink/drug driving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

They and their kind wouldn't know what class or decorum was if it jumped up and bit them on the nose. It's a sub-culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

He got 10 years in 2017 with 4 suspended, wonder how much he actually served.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/jail-sentence-increased-for-burglar-who-hit-pensioner-with-hurley-37383310.html

Carl Freeman (23), of Rossfield Park, Tallaght, Dublin, pleaded guilty to aggravated burglary at the home of William (72) and Kathleen Crean (65) in a rural area near Ashford, Co Wicklow, in the early hours of March 12, 2015.

He was sentenced at Wicklow Circuit Criminal Court to seven years' imprisonment with the final three suspended by Judge Michael O'Shea on July 26, 2017.

The Court of Appeal yesterday found Freeman's sentence to be too lenient on foot of an appeal brought by the Director of Public Prosecutions.

Mr Justice Edwards, who sat with President of the Court of Appeal Mr Justice George Birmingham and Mr Justice John Hedigan, re-sentenced Freeman to 10 years' imprisonment with the final four suspended.

Giving judgment in the three-judge court, Mr Justice John Edwards said Ms Crean had unfortunately been suffering from cancer and kidney failure for some time prior to the violent incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

The twin evils at the sanctions end of the criminal justice system most surely are (a) suspended sentences and (b) early releases. The operations under (b) in particular are an absolute scandal and make a mockery of what the judges are delivering in the courtrooms. If only the media did an in depth investigation of (b) there would be an uproar in the public arena and that in turn would give some enterprising politicial party the opportunity to seize the initiative and say "put us in and we will stop all that". We could expect, of course, that they would only partially deliver on it but that would be a whole lot better than the smoke and mirrors playacting we must endure in the meantime.

Post edited by Dionysius2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Absolute scum. To attack a sick 65 year old at the end of her life.

Doesn't get any lower. Karma is a bitch lads. No loss!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It's being discussed on liveline now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Floppybits

A relation of Dean on the radio now. The usual it was everyone's else's fault that he carried on like he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

I wouldn't say it was anyone's fault as free will is just a delusion but laws need to be more strict and people caught doing burglary and things like that like these lads need to be put away for a long time. There should be a max number of convictions before someone gets a very lengthy sentence rather than allowing people to rack up convictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,936 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭mikethecop

I know they are fair points , I had the pleasure of meeting two out of the three of those creatures as well as some of their victims.

Its not spitefulness either, its a genuine belief that the world is a better place with out them three in it so yes Im glad they are dead as it means they'll have no more victims apart from the damage they have already done to their own family's.

Im glad at the general response from people too. we dont need to tolerate people like this in our world. if they dont want to live in our society then they shouldn't get the protections of it. f them and all like them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

Trying to work out if I qualify for inclusion for the 'Spite Scale'. Three cars stolen, (2 burned out & 1 recovered in s***e)...wife robbed twice (once with all my wages on board)...son assaulted & his new Xmas pressy bike stolen...never to be seen again. Any spite detected is probably coming from my defiance of these 'heroes & legends' ... janoramean?.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement