Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma O'Doherty - Part 2 - Read OP for mod warning (06/01)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Right on cue

Lol only the right kind of racists are worthy of praise

• Registered Users Posts: 16,426 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I would bet my life savings that Gemma

a- pays her TV licence

b- has taken the vaccine

c- has immigrants in one of her rental propeties

She is an absolute spoofer who is terrified of being held to account over anything.

Yes, my theory is she is an Alex Jones-type grifter who only believes a fraction of the stuff she spouts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I would bet my life savings that Gemma

a- pays her TV licence

b- has taken the vaccine

c- has immigrants in one of her rental propeties

She is an absolute spoofer who is terrified of being held to account over anything.

She runs away from people who ask her any questions that aren't inline with the garbage she spouts, ie any questions relating to any of the above. She goes around antagonising immigrants in their businesses and broadcasting it live (at least she did before she was banned from platforms) and anyone that dared to challenge her on anything she ran away.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The rebranded British newsletter that she's distributing (a grand way of saying "pushing through unsuspecting people's letterboxes!") here is a freesheet and doesn't pay for contributions.

As others have said, she's financially well off thanks to her successful legal action and whatever her late husband may have left her.

Having zero qualifications or experience in the mental health field, I wouldn't be qualified to say what the state of her mind is though I believe that an interesting piece could be written about her slow descent into the depths of believing pretty much every conspiracy theory there is out there. She's the perfect case study for why you shouldn't let yer ma onto the internet unaccompanied.

A companion piece about her lurch into zealotry is also there to be written, she seems to have found God in a serious way since her humiliating performance at the last general election.

Is it all a grift ? If it is, it's a relatively restrained one - she very seldom solicits donations on her streams and while she has donation buttons on her sites they're not obnoxious in the way such things usually are.

In her SIPO filing last year, she said that "no public money has been used or spent" by her third party political fund-raising group and that its actions where entirely self-funded (As a new user I can't link to the source but the-beacon dot ie have a good story on it with a screenshot of her e-mail declaring this).

She's since sought to have ACI removed from SIPO's register of Third Parties and some might question why it was never actually registered as a political party in the first place.

Mad as a box of frogs I believe is the medical term

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Multiple houses, horses, constant legal bills and battles, presidential campaigns, large advertising compaigns on the sides of Dublin bus, and on and on the list goes.

Unless she got an 8 figure payout, which she didn't, that money is long, long, long gone.

Horses are a drain on cash I’d guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Horses are a drain on cash I’d guess

Its true though. Where is she getting the dosh for it all?

That bloody trailer wouldny be cheap.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

She runs away from people who ask her any questions that aren't inline with the garbage she spouts, ie any questions relating to any of the above. She goes around antagonising immigrants in their businesses and broadcasting it live (at least she did before she was banned from platforms) and anyone that dared to challenge her on anything she ran away.

She also turns against anyone with a passion who opposes her or speaks out against her e.g. Panti Bliss or PBP. I dont think shed do any of the above e.g. take a vaccine. I think Katie Hopkins would tho

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

PhoneMain wrote: »
    She also turns against anyone with a passion who opposes her or speaks out against her e.g. Panti Bliss or PBP. I dont think shed do any of the above e.g. take a vaccine. I think Katie Hopkins would tho

She tried to get Panti to support her for President shortly before her homophobic hatred really started showing itself.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Yes, my theory is she is an Alex Jones-type grifter who only believes a fraction of the stuff she spouts

Alex Jones' lawyer called all of it "performance art" on his behalf in court.

Alex Jones' lawyer called all of it "performance art" on his behalf in court.

Similar enough to the no reasonable person defence used in the U.S. twice recently.

The thing is they like most grifters be in through any traditional news style channel such as fox or GB News, or via the internet like Jones or Gems, aren't appealing to reasonable people, they are appealing to dickheads and the mentally challenged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Jones makes millions out of the act though.

Gemma?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,426 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Jones makes millions out of the act though.

Gemma?

Enough to keep food on the table I suppose. Tough times for journos and erstwhile journos...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Annasopra wrote: »
    She tried to get Panti to support her for President shortly before her homophobic hatred really started showing itself.

Genuinely shameless. Proper grifting and showing a total lack of empathy consistent with a personality disorder, at the very least.

I have throughout my career supported the rights of minorities in Ireland including transgender communities, gay families, Travellers, Muslims and victims of state injustice.

https://twitter.com/PantiBliss/status/1072088524046901248

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The Nal wrote: »
    Genuinely shameless. Proper grifting and showing a total lack of empathy consistent with a personality disorder, at the very least.

I have throughout my career supported the rights of minorities in Ireland including transgender communities, gay families, Travellers, Muslims and victims of state injustice.

Aye the Muslim bit is a joke, especially after she went into the Halal shop in Swords and caused a ruckus over not being able to buy Pork in a shop in Ireland. She's clearly an antagonistic racist and certainly bears no good will to the Muslim Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭circadian

Seen her pass me on the way to the vaccine protest outside Beaumont hospital. She's driving a 2010 ****box CRV so I doubt she's raking in millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

circadian wrote: »
    Seen her pass me on the way to the vaccine protest outside Beaumont hospital. She's driving a 2010 ****box CRV so I doubt she's raking in millions.

Hey **** you, CRv's are still Hondas and deserve respect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭circadian

Hey **** you, CRv's are still Hondas and deserve respect

I agree in general but this one looked well driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

circadian wrote: »
    I agree in general but this one looked well driven.

Gemma or the Honda?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

frag420 wrote: »
    Gemma or the Honda?
    The Honda obviously because Gemma has had a break down! :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The Honda obviously because Gemma has had a break down! :D

She blew her head gasket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

"We've heard them, crying and screaming from across the carpark. "

Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Sardonicat wrote: »
    "We've heard them, crying and screaming from across the carpark. "

Love it.

That will be England fans on Tue eve…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭francois

That's fookin hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

Ha ha, its great to see, Seemingly Gemma has turned on Dolores now. Was always going to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,328 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Claiming that Dee is a plant. You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

What was the fall out over? What makes her think Dee is a plant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,328 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I feel like I've lost a few brain cells after watching a selection of those videos 😵

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement