Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Networks - Apprenticeship program

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rossaree

New on here son has applied this year again interview done so far waiting game now. Good luck to everyone. I wonder how many they take on like e.g. if you selected a depot in a particular region how many positions are available for apprentices in that particular location. End of august we were told when we'd hear back.

Dildert123 wrote: »
    I asked in the interview and they said they'll try facilitate 40-60

Lets hope its more near 60 than 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 user3177

Hi, been following this thread for a while , my partner has applied for esb apprenticeship this year and did the aptitude etc. He was told via email that he would hear back in june after the shortlisting. he received that shortlisting email twice like others in this thread but has not heard back if it is a yes or no for interview and it is now july. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?

user3177 wrote: »
    Hi, been following this thread for a while , my partner has applied for esb apprenticeship this year and did the aptitude etc. He was told via email that he would hear back in june after the shortlisting. he received that shortlisting email twice like others in this thread but has not heard back if it is a yes or no for interview and it is now july. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?
    I know some dublin areas and midlands areas had interviews this week and last. Not sure what order of region interviews are in. Looking back on threads here some in past years were waiting on medicals while others were already offered the apprenticeship. The fact you havent heard yet means still in with a chance of been called. Its an awful slow process for the amount they actually take on in the end. Hope you hear some news soon sometimes no news is good news. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eGannon123

user3177 wrote: »

I'm in the same boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 beamee

Anyone else had to redo aptitude tests after the interview, Got an email yesterday to ask me to redo some of them again. Would this mean I have passed interview stage?

I know it says that some maybe selected to redo aptitude tests. To me its a sign your in the running anyways if your interview wasnt succesfull id reckon there not going to bother putting you through resit aptitudes again so take it as a good sign. It be a pain having to resit but from what i heard i think its only parts of the previous tests. I think they just check scores that they arent massive differences.Did you get much notice for it, when is it would it give you enough time to practice them again. Eitherway best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 beamee

Thank you. Done now! I got an email on Tuesday evening to have them done by today. Not much time to practice and I hadn't looked at them since doing them the first time. I had to repeat 2 sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dildert123

I haven't heard anything myself yet would that be a good or a bad sign do ye reckon?

Do all candidates have to resit partd of the tests?

No some get selected to resit aptitude tests not everyone. You probably wont hear anything until mid to end of august thats what my son was told. Medicals next stage id reckon theyll be mid august provided covid doesnt play hell with things again. Best of luck everyone. If anyone gets any updates sure let us know.

• Advertisement

Yeah i was told the offers will be given out in a month or two aswell.

I was talking to a buddy and he reckons they send more tests to people who are applying for a area with high demand and they take the highest scores from those tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pgguy

Completed mine last week too. Any idea when we might hear back for the medical?

I dont think it will be july anyways maybe after august bank holiday. Hoping medicals would be mid august with offers sent end of august thats how it would go in a normal year . Hopefully soon. Its exactly a month since my sons interview this week. Its a long wait but tk god for boards here or else youd hear nothing we can all keep each other updated with news.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Larryduff2018

Anyone hear anything or know of when calls for medicals might be.

Heard nothing on my end,

I know Irish rail have all their medicals almost done but heard nothing about esb

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭torbie

I was wondering if you got confirmations yet and where you will be staying when you get there.

Another week further in August no word on anything. Another week none the wiser. Anyone know or hear anything and I mean anything 😀

Absolutely nothing

I wonder if any rejections have been sent out since.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Larryduff2018

My buddy got email today thanks but no thanks gutted for him he has tonnes of experience and he said interview went really well. He said he's done with applying to esb that was his 2nd time very frustrated . Luckily he has already started apprenticeship a few months in now. What are they looking for. This lad ticked all the boxes.

We just got the thanks but no thanks also this morning. Son abit gutted but has started an apprenticeship program with another company last few weeks so thank god for that.

Best of luck to everyone. Its a very hard one to get and not sure how many there taking on.

• Advertisement

Lads im in the same boat thanks but no thanks and i felt the interview went very well.

Ah sure look no point in being upset

Has anyone been called for medicals yet or been made offers.

Any word anyone just want to know if this years apprentices started yet as will give us an idea for next year. I know last year's were late starting because of covid

Advertisement