Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They're really improving the quality of Dark matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Headshot wrote: »
    Card for tonight

AEW World Tag Team Championship – Street Fight
    Young Bucks (Champions) vs. Penta El Zero Miedo and Eddie Kingston

South Beach Strap Match
    Cody Rhodes vs. QT Marshall

Andrade El Idolo vs. Matt Sydal

6-Man Tag Match
    Santana, Ortiz, and Jake Hager vs. FTR and Wardlow

Mixed Tag Team Match
    Orange Cassidy and Kris Statlander vs. The Blade and The Bunny

Hopefully tonight is the end of the Cody show and he moves away from his awful story line. i just don't want to see QT on my tv each week

I could do without a mixed tag match, not a fan of them at all

Seeing as the site's going read only from tomorrow, I'll throw my predictions in and come back on Friday to check..

The Young Bucks
    Cody Rhodes
    Andrade El Idolo
    FTR & Wardlow
    Orange Cassidy & Kris Statlander.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Street Fight for the title eh? I WONDER if there'll be interference that cost Penta and Eddie the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Headshot wrote: »
    feck you tuesday

Just making sure I wasnt missing a trick here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Seeing as the site's going read only from tomorrow, I'll throw my predictions in and come back on Friday to check..

The Young Bucks
    Cody Rhodes
    Andrade El Idolo
    FTR & Wardlow
    Orange Cassidy & Kris Statlander.

What's this?

Edit: Just saw the notice at the top of the page, all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I guess we're back? The new layout is a bit horrible.

Anyway - that was possibly the best two hours of TV AEW have ever put out. Pretty great from start to finish (minus the QT segment). The Mox entrance, Andrade Promo, Cody Promo, Miro package, Hangman story, even Matt and Christian put on a great match. Darby is an absolute madman and good to see Ricky Starks get some gold!

I booked tickets this morning for the New York show. Going to Slammiversary Saturday so will hopefully meet some AEW folks there and in the jammiest move of them all - I secured tickets to PWG's first show back - the entire card is a mystery so should be full of some great surprises.

What was with Arn's "let's get this over with" before the attack last week? Just seemed he didn't want to do it. I suppose it would've made more sense if I knew why he was out there.

Evil Uno didn't seem impressed with Hangman's decision this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What a time to be an AEW fan.

We had a absolutely brilliant surprise of Black last week, I was totally worked. I was saying to myself "how unprofessional is it to have the lights go off twice" but when they came back on and I saw Malakai Black, my jaw dropped to the floor. Black and AEW played a **** blinder

I'm speechless after Fyter Fest, what a **** show. Hot damn this is must watch tv

• Advertisement

Guess we know one feature not implemented here yet. 😀

haha just seen it.

It's not surprising how bad they've done with this new boards.ie

I think they have alot more on their plate than fixing curses lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’ve not really seen much of Ethan Page before AEW but he screams star to me. Really amazing heel.

Cody looked like he was shot with Homer's make-up gun.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That crowd was on fire which really helped with the whole show (thought last weeks crowd were meh bar the Black debut) but 100% agree it was a great show. They are really doing a great job of the build up between Page/Omega and Page is seriously over, I can see the Elite beating Dark Order but Page still finding away to get a match vs Omega.

Great to see what Black's heel run can do since he never really got the chance in WWE as a heel (bar that awful programme with KO), I really hope they dont rush into a match with Cody/Black match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I smiled at Excalibur mentioning Prince Devitt,

I want to see more of Machine Gun actually wrestling.

Lot's and lots of NJPW mentions now the real crossovers can't be far away now.

• Advertisement

Jon Moxley vs Karl Anderson

This was some belter to open the night on. I don't watch much New Japan but you always hear how good Machine Gun is and this is my first time seeing karl in a singles competition and damn him and Mox beat the crap out of each other

The crowd absolutely adore Mox and you can't blame them. Mox is probably in the top 5 wrestlers in the world today. What a turn around in his career. He could of just lived a simple life in WWE but he believed in himself and wanted something more and fair dues to him

Brian Cage vs Ricky Starks

Big fan of both and with Starks on home turf he was so over with the crowd. Very good match, it didn't blow me away but I'm intrigued on how it's going to develop from here.

The crowd made this into a better match than it was.

Matt Hardy vs. Christian Cage

Solid match, i like a bit of nostalgic. 18years ago is the last time they faced each other which is mad ain't it.

i did like the ending I think Christian is going to turn heel and turn on Jungle Boy which will be fun.

Penelope Ford vs Yuka Sakazaki

Meh, didnt really hook me in

Wheeler Yuta vs Sammy Guevara

Great match and it's no wonder everyone is after Yuta, some talent.

I got goosebumps during Andrade El Idolo promo, he's looking for Death Triangle, cannot wait to see what happens here.

Hangman Adam Page segement

This is unreal booking and my 2nd favorite part of the night, everyone played a blinder and it delays things to All Out, we need Hangman v Omega as the main headline at this ppv

Dr Britt baker

Can't think of any wrestler today who is as good on the mic as her.

Darby Allin vs. Ethan Page – Coffin Match

This was fecking great, so so so good. I absolutely loved this match so much, it went 100miles a minute and i strapped in and felt the burn. Ethan Page is playing a blinder as a heel, the crowd hate him and his promo work of late is the best Pro Wrestling today.

Darby, what else can you say about him? The guy just on another level, what a talent.

Some of the spots during this match was brilliant, I absolute love Rag Doll Darby

i think went under the radar a bit to

New TNA Belt, love a bit of white and ties in with Miro's character quite nicely

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1415480591605194754

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Not too shoddy, Dynamite remains by a considerable distance the most enjoyable weekly US pro-wrestling show.

So is every week's Dynamite going to have a special name now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

AEW hit a 1.025 in the ratings last night.

Excellent number and well deserved, fantastic show and if they keep it up who knows how high they can climb.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1415770511997423616

Do tweets not embed anymore or is it this awful redesign?

They seem to embed sometimes. Maybe only if at the start of a post?

The old design seemed to not have any reasoning to how tweets appeared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's killing me that for posts with more than 1 like it says "2 Like". They made an absolute hames of this migration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

From the first few seconds after "Wild Thing" hit and the crowd absolutely lost their minds you knew it was going to be a great episode. The rating is obviously great, the ticket sales going well and all that stuff but I'm most glad that this was a homerun show in front of a molten hot crowd. Proper pro wrestling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Anyone played AEW General Manager yet?

The new Shida vs Cammy limited edition Street Fighter Tee is pretty cool.

I think one of the first things that went through my mind when  Andrade called out Death Triangle was man I wish Rush & Bandido were with him those 6 could have some feud that could last for a year with singles, tags & trios matches.

Its hard not to really love or enjoy AEW. I look forward to it every week and rarely...RARELY press the fast forward button.

Its simply everything Ive wanted from WWE the past decade but seldom got. Haven't watched main roster WWE in weeks and Ive seen zero to lure me back. I may watch MITB, but Ive seen reports of Goldberg which tell me Im wise to stay away.

Darby Allin, Hangman, Jungle Boy, Men of the Year, Britt Baker, Sammy G, Proud n Powerful, MJF, ..... all stars and all possible futuremain eventers. who needs WWE.

Great to have hit crowds back. The missing ingredient of AEW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It's a shame his English isn't better, or alternatively that they don't just stick to Spanish for now if he is really still struggling to pick up English. The subtitles when he's actually speaking English make it hard to take him seriously.

• Advertisement

Just reading there that it looks like Dynamite in the Arthur Ashe stadium will be a legit 17k sell out as over 15k tickets have been sold so far with 60 odd days left before the show and that would make it the largest non WWE wrestling event since 1999.

When you really think what Tony Khan has achieved in about two years it's pretty amazing really.

A national TV show and bringing together NWA, Impact, AAA & NJPW it is quiet astonishing all this in the face of the totally dominate billion dollar juggernaut that is the WWE.

What makes it better, is that WWE are struggling to sell out MSG, an arena they routinely sell out.

Times are slowly a changing

Some rumours that Danielson or Punk might show up for the New York Dynamite.

I think it would be a smart move and the right time for Tony Khan to throw some money at them now to join, He could give Punk a Lenser type deal and give Danielson a key to the forbidden door contract to appear where he wants around the world under an AEW banner and have matches with the best of the best.

Britt picking up some hints on how to fight dirty?

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.

I see Gage and GCW have invited Omega to show up this weekend at Homecoming after Callis' comments at Slammiversary! That would be quite something. All probably a tease but even something like Gage & Mox vs Omega & Cardona would be class.

Mox, Janela, Callihan, doubt many would have foreseen Omega turning into the King of the Deathmatch upon his full time arrival in America. Mad times in pro-wrestling!

I was never a huge fan in the first place but as the years go on, the less I care about Punk returning to wrestling.

Danielson on the other hand would be a dream AEW signing for me.

With Heels less than a month away, do you think we'll get Stephen Amell on AEW in the coming weeks?

I always find it funny when Justin announces the jobber opponent for the women on Dark/Elevation. Like the bigger name gets a proper intro while her opponent basically gets "Oh and she's here too"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

• Advertisement

Card for Fyter Fest night 2

* Frankie Kazarian vs. Impact World Tag Team Champion Doc Gallows

* The Blade vs. Orange Cassidy

* Five Labours of Jericho, Chapter 1: Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Spears (Only Spears can use a steel chair)

* AEW Women’s World Champion Britt Baker defends against Nyla Rose

* IWGP United States Champion Jon Moxley defends against Lance Archer in a Texas Deathmatch

It doesnt look as good as night 1 but I cannot wait to see the IWGP match though

Elevation looks great in front of a live crowd.

Tay Conti is so over with the live crowd.

I've been thinking/wondering will Frankie be the one to take the Impact title of Kenny as part of his Elite Hunter gimmick and his history in Impact.

It appears you are right sir. I was always under the impression that WWE did good business in NYC, but I can see from looking up the figures they have been doing very poorly in recent years. Man, I was so wrong.

I did the tour of MSG years ago and expected a lot of WWWF,WWF,WWE things to be on show the way it spoken about especially the Bruno years and what they say about him selling out the Garden a record amount of times, I asked the tour guide about Bruno and he knew nothing about him.

The only things there is a few pictures of WM 1 with Hogan's Tee and Boots framed.

For the record the record holder for selling out the Garden is Billy Joel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

Billy Joel at MSG is insane, on a level that no one could ever touch.

The man has a residency there and plays once a month, he's done well over a hundred shows at the garden.

Something like 75 consecutive sell out shows there too.

What I'm saying is, if WWE wants to sell out the MSG, get Billy Joel on the card. Naturally give him a segment with Elias or the more obvious, send him to the PC and get him to debut as the Piano Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

In the 70's - 90's they had the expression "so goes the business, so goes the Garden" which was to say that how well they did in that building was a good indicator of how they were likely to do elsewhere in the coming months, because it's a hard building to draw in so if you are doing well there, you should do well elsewhere which is why people link the building so inextricably with the company more so than them always doing record business there. They have done Christmas shows there for the past few years and never come close to selling out.

Perhaps as well the memories of all the PPV shows they did in MSG over the years which genuinely did sell out give you a false impression too.

• Advertisement

From PWInsider

"One of the most discussed topics in recent weeks has been the future of Daniel Bryan after he disappeared from WWE programming following a loss to Roman Reigns.

Internally, there has been no discussion of Bryan returning to WWE and he is not listed on the company's roster. There have been some in the company who have taken that to mean that Bryan is signing or will sign eventually with AEW, but PWInsider.com has no confirmation that is correct. Obviously, if it was, AEW would move heaven and earth to hide that fact.

What PWInsider.com can confirm, however, is the following:

*Bryan was not part of a recent list of talent plans for licensing and merchandising for 2021-2022 that was recently put together by the company for internal use.

*Bryan is not slated for any future Mattel action figure wave releases.

So, as of now, there has been no known movement towards Bryan's WWE return or his inclusion in any of the company's merchandising end. Whether that is a true sign of Bryan Danielson landing elsewhere remains to be seen."

I won't get my hopes up. I won't get my hopes up........

I just checked and he's under the Alumni section on wwe.com.

Danielson making his entrance on Dynamite in the old American Dragon robe would be quality, blow the roof off the place. Fingers crossed, anywhere but WWE is good.

Im sure he can use the original Ride of the Valkyries too.

Do The Acclaimed have to get what they say pre approved I wonder. Maybe that's why they're on the youtube shows and not Dynamite.

Poor Julia.

• Advertisement
Advertisement