Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Blood & Troof is brilliant innit.

Think London Heist was my first WOW vr moment as I leaned out of the van to see the motorbikes coming at me!

Finally played it upgraded last night its unreal!
    Looking forward to playing through it again, the challenges with the AIM are a bit of craic so will give them ago.

@Mr Cheez, yeah I was the same, but decided when I got a surprise bonus to pull the trigger on the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Are they redesigning the PS5 already?!?

New chip afaik... wonder how it will benefit VR

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

22 months between the PS4 and PS4 Slim, so that'd be about right for a PS5 slim, and the Pro a couple of years after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

22 months between the PS4 and PS4 Slim, so that'd be about right for a PS5 slim, and the Pro a couple of years after that.

Isn't this just a standard evolution pushed by the chip shortage? Weren't there like 4 or 5 different model PS4s even before the Slim? How many different Xbox 360s were there back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

I don't think we're going to get a pro version of the PS5, but that's just my prediction. I think it made some sense last gen because of 4K televisions etc but with this gen I'm not so sure.

• Advertisement

coolisin wrote: »
    Think London Heist was my first WOW vr moment as I leaned out of the van to see the motorbikes coming at me!

I remember playing that at the demo in Gamestop when the PSVR was first released and that car-chase alone sold me on it.

The sales rep also stuck me in Eve: Valkyrie and was almost in a froth insisting I look down at my virtual breasts!

Now that I look back, I think how unhygienic the whole thing was plastering the headset to your face after 50 or so spotty teenagers used it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Solaris has finally been released ...

12.50 with PS Plus.. Not sure if it's better than Alvo but is worth a shot at that price for sure..

Also turn on smooth turn from menu before playing as there's no settings to do this in game

• So I setup my psvr on my ps5 and started playing No Man's Sky.

The problem I'm having is that the system/game seems to think I'm using the move controllers, when I don't have any. So when I attempt to mine materials, the guns just remains static, moving the analog sticks and the gyro does nothing.

Is there some settings I messed up here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

So I setup my psvr on my ps5 and started playing No Man's Sky.

The problem I'm having is that the system/game seems to think I'm using the move controllers, when I don't have any. So when I attempt to mine materials, the guns just remains static, moving the analog sticks and the gyro does nothing.

Is there some settings I messed up here?

Just wondering are you using a ps5 controller? I think dualshock 4 is all you can use for ps5 vr maybe I am wrong...

I tried Moss with ps5 controller and took me ages to realise I needed ps4 controller to play

• Just wondering are you using a ps5 controller? I think dualshock 4 is all you can use for ps5 vr maybe I am wrong...

I tried Moss with ps5 controller and took me ages to realise I needed ps4 controller to play

Ahh, that might be it then! I'll try that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, they came out and said you need the DS4 to play VR on the 5, the DualSense doesn't have the light bar sensor at the front so won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

lads

thinking of buying this for my son.

what are the must have acessories, ie do the move controllers (sticks ) come with it?

what sort of money are these going for. can see a bundle on argos for €350. not sure if thats good .

thanks

akelly02 wrote: »
    lads

thinking of buying this for my son.

what are the must have acessories, ie do the move controllers (sticks ) come with it?

what sort of money are these going for. can see a bundle on argos for €350. not sure if thats good .

thanks

Really the most essential components are the Move controllers

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8375665/Trail/searchtext%3EMOVE+CONTROLLERS.htm

The €350 mega pack looks like a great deal.. lots of excellent games included, but some like Blood and Truth require the Move controllers to get the most out of them

• mrcheez wrote: »
    Really the most essential components are the Move controllers

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8375665/Trail/searchtext%3EMOVE+CONTROLLERS.htm

The €350 mega pack looks like a great deal.. lots of excellent games included, but some like Blood and Truth require the Move controllers to get the most out of them

I can never find these in stock anywhere.

I can never find these in stock anywhere.

True.. forgot about that aspect :(

Another possibility that akelly02 might consider is getting an Oculus Quest 2 all in one VR headset, unless the PSVR is a must-buy.

It comes with all the controllers necessary and is wireless plus only €349 incl free delivery

https://www.oculus.com/quest-2/

Main downside is that the Quest 2 games don't have deep discounts like on PS4, so overall it's a bit more pricey to build up a library

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

i got mine when the PSVR launched, yet to find one good title on it.

What are the flagship titles? or am i missing something..

• i got mine when the PSVR launched, yet to find one good title on it.

I think NMS VR is incredible on PS5.

i got mine when the PSVR launched, yet to find one good title on it.

Depends what you want to do?

Skyrim is amazing, Wipeout too.

Walking Dead is a must-play.

..oh yeah, and Resident Evil 7, plus Astro Bot and Blood and Truth... sh1tloads of good content on there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Solaris has finally been released ...

12.50 with PS Plus.. Not sure if it's better than Alvo but is worth a shot at that price for sure..

Also turn on smooth turn from menu before playing as there's no settings to do this in game

Anyone played Solaris yet? Half price discount finishes either midnight tonight/tomorrow, debating whether to pull the trigger, pun intended....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

You Are Being Followed is free on PS Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finally set the PSVR up on the PS5 and played Iron Man VR.
    I got better at it as it went on.
    Final chapter bugged out on me a couple times with the next stage of attacks not starting. Reloaded the checkpoint, didn't happened again then reloaded again and third time lucky.
    While it's set up now, I might try London Heist before playing Blood & Truth later

Moss is great. Must try and get back to it tonight. But being able to look around the level works well. If can't see a scroll, can just look behind rocks and all.

I'll admit since getting back into playing on the PS5, I've gotten into the VR a lot more than before. So got a couple more games, BoxVR and Statik in the recent sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Statik is great, makes you feel really clever when you figure out what you need to do in some of the puzzles.

P.S - Probably not a good idea to try BoxVR in the current heat unless you are playing in a really chilled room 😂

Or not so clever when you can't figure out, which is also likely. 🤔

Yeah, Boxvr well probably end up getting as much use as my Ringfit.

BoxVR is class, I preferred it to Beat Saber, more variation in terms of tunes and actions.

Definitely not one to play in a heatwave tho!

I used BoxVR loads when the lockdown initially started, but I wasn't a fan of cleaning up the sweat pooled all over the floor 😄

I reserve my Quest 1 for sweaty VR out in the garden and keep my PSVR and Quest 2 in pristine condition 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Got potential. Reminds me of Blood n Truth which is no bad thing

• Advertisement

Just finished Moss and may I just say it is a great wee game but

Feck that big dragon snake thing coming out of nowhere with its jump scares.

Think I'm nearly finished Statik now. Might get back to it on Thursday.

Advertisement