Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭morrism

Right back at you, I'm delighted, gonna have a great weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Congratulations, Was that interview results or?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AJMG

Hi all and I hope anyone who got results today are happy. I’m wondering how long after receiving interview results and a good OOM, did it take to receive an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

My interview for Dublin is on July 30th. Delighted and nervous. I've been writing out examples for the competencies. Do we fill in any kind of additional application form before the interview? I have done a lot since I applied last august. Also, if anyone has any tips for the interview I would very much appreciate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pinkpetal26

Has anyone been through clearance yet and gotten through with a level 6 qualification?

And for references is it the same as clerical officer where they email a questionnaire to employer? My employer doesn’t allow for these to be filled out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭jules86

any hope of getting etray results this Friday? Hoping they don't make us wait until the following week, but that is the bank holiday weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BB2018

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Dagner88

Does anyone know what batch and numbers are currently having interview and etrays for Diblin and Kildare area, please?

I emailed about etray results,

We hope to have these results issued by the end of August.

😭😭😭

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭StevenToast

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

Is this the Etray from 10th - 17th June this was the one I was on. I had really hoped that like you we would know by the end of July but at least now I know it’s the end of August

Yes the June etray batch for regional, I don't think there is another group waiting on etray

I’m Dublin only best of luck really hoping for a decent result

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Dublin batch 2.2 and within top 10 after interview back in June. Got a start date for the department I was assigned to there a week or so ago (starting mid-August.)

Movement seems good in Dublin; hoping that the pace continues like this for everyone who is interviewing and doing etray. I got called to clearance the Monday after the interview results issued on the Friday before.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Keeks101

Hey guys congrats to everybody who got results!

i got mine Friday and was placed OOM 1 for Dublin so I’m pleasantly surprised! I’ve requested to stay in my current office and I was wondering how long it took for people to move to that position if staying in their correct office? I’m hoping it will be a quicker process than if I was to move!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lolo3103

I was finally offered a position last week and I was praying that the location would be manegeable, unfortunately it isn't! I live in North Dublin and I got Rathmines. I'm absolutely raging, I'd have to take 2 trains and a bus just to get there. They have limited parking with a waiting list so driving isn't an option. I'm also pregnant at the moment so I really need to think about the situation after my maternity leave, do I really want to spend 2 hours every morning and evening commuting to work and leaving my first baby at home, I can really see myself resenting the job. I actually think I'll have have turn it down. I'm so disappointed, this is the 3rd EO competition for me and I finally get through. I just don't understand why they don't offer any flexibility when it comes to locations, I mean I'm not looking to be favoured and placed down the road but surely they could look into the suitability of certain places. Anybody else in the same position or am I just being extremely picky about this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

How many kilometres is it from your home? If it's over 45 you can turn it down & stay on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭VitreousLife

They told me and a few others I know that only emailed last week or the week before that it would be the end of this month.. 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Whistledown

Hi did anyone hear anything from the Westmeath EO 2020 for interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

If you think you could manage the commute short term you might be able to make it work for you. Once probation has been completed you can start applying for EO jobs advertised internally in other departments. Also you should be able to wfh until at least the end of the year. Would be a shame to pass up the opportunity.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately it isn't, but it feels like it with a commute of two trains and a bus!! Timing is just not on my side on this one 😒

I was thinking that but I'd only be able to do about 3-4 months before before I'm off on mat leave and then when I return I've 6 months or so to go to finish probation. I just don't know how I'd feel leaving my first baby at home and spend 2 hours each morning and evening getting into work 😳 I'm a CO atm and I've a 15 minute drive into work so I'm spoiled! I think the timing is just not on the cards for me right now unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ruby066

Hi guys, has anyone heard any update on the Kerry panel?

Would you not email them and explain your situation a four commute on top of a full working day is not going to be easy for you.

also in light of the pending options coming on stream to work from home would that be workable for you until you qualified for a mobility move nearer home.

You have put a lot into getting this fat and by all means having your first baby is a major factor here (congratulations by the way) please explore any and all your options before declining your offer.

Sorry getting this far (terrible mistake there) forgive me

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Keeks101

Does anybody remember How long after being told you’re placed on the panel did it take to be assigned your position?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Cheeseplant

Sure you will be on maternity leave for at least one of your 2 years before you are eligible for mobility and COVID restrictions and pregnancy would mean you could probably work from home quite a bit until maternity leave. You might have to put up with a couple of months at most of the trains, plane and automobiles... but that's a problem for at least 18months time. Take the job and find a solution, especially if it's a position you like the sound of. No doubt there can be a blended working arrangement after maternity leave. Don't give up the opportunity on your 3rd attempt for the sake of two trains and a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dubjane

Does anyone know what oom they are up to in Dublin for the etray?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Redsettee90

Anyone from outside the civil service who has had interview just wondering what was expected of you in relation to the Drive and Commitment to Public Service values competency?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 lkilmartin

Thanks, everyone for all the great information shared here.

I've passed the interview stage and just waiting to see if a job comes up nearby, however, my circumstances have changed, my wee boy has developed some medical issues, recently and it looks like it'll be a long slow process before we get any better.

Currently, we (my sone & I) have been travelling to Donegal to Dublin every Friday or every second Friday for checks, at a push they might push it out to once a month but not right now.

How do I approach this, if offered a job for time off before I've even started. Not ideal!

Or could you defer a Job placement for 6-12 months?

Suggestions from anyone especially if you already working in the civil service are welcome?

Advertisement