Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Bought the La Mesa car shop, only about a mile from the Car Meet. Played for about an hour there on my lunch. Seems fairly fun in fairness! Will be on again later

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I ended up getting the southern most shop, can't remember the name but by the train tracks, closest to the Car Meet. Funnily though, I'm seeing different jobs than a streamer a while ago. I thought everyone had the same 3 and they would get rotated. I have the Fleeca job for 178k, the superdollar deal for 185k and prison contract for 175k. I wonder will more appear as I clear these or how does it work.

Decided to go with the Jester RR, will pick it up after I pull off the Fleeca job.

Tried the Fleeca bank job. Grab explosives in one prep, head to each of the 6 banks and apply signal jammers in the other prep. I only managed 3/6 banks which means shorted cop response times at the ones I missed. Then the job itself, hit each bank. It's a lot of fun but you just get 1 extra life and I got killed twice, 1 of those after just robbing the last bank, sickner. At least you can just start the main job again, not have to do the preps but it doesn't seem to be worth 170k so far. Saying that, it is a lot of fun. If you could do it with 2 people but didn't have to split the cash, it would be ideal.

I did a job earlier where you steal hard drives from merryweather . Wsd ok as well. Ended up getting 153k in total. Something new anyways! How do you get cars to sell from the auto shop. Do you just get a call when ones available?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So bought the staff for the auto shop.

To then tune a car to sell cost 50k and you're meant to get 30k in addition to that back. So 80K.

I'd staff sell it and it take a little bit and then you get a text saying how much you get as the car is damaged out of the 80K I got 61.6K

Trying here with 2 hours to get a 3rd place finish in the street series. Not going well.....

Ah that sounds shyte about the autoshop staff, didn't nearly a mil on them, sounds like it's not worth even using them.

As for the prize race, i wonder if a few of us went to the car meet at the same time, started the sprint and help each other out, might make our odds a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If you look on the map while in the races there's additional checkpoints for shortcuts, they don't show up as strongly as the rest and they're very tight in some cases to get through.

Just done 2 races so far, a 4th and a 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Played a bit of the dlc, cars are pretty cool but I can't see myself grafting a couple of million just to buy a car and mod it, you can tell its typical rockstar fashion trying to sell shark cards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Somehow managed to get my auto shop for free (in Strawberry near Benny's), maybe something to do with Amazon gaming?

Anyway, picked up a few of the new cars. New Mustang and Supra are early favourites. RX7's back end is a little light so its handling isn't the best, and the Silvia is quite nippy as well. Really hate Rockstars drip-feeding of cars, just give us all of them ffs. Did have a quick test drive of the 370Z (Euros) and the Celica at the Car Meet. Personal opinion, don't buy the Euros. Didn't seem like it had anything at all about it when I drove it for a bit...

Tried the new missions as well, was hoping for a little bit more than what's on offer. Maybe I was expecting too much :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah you get free workshop in Strawberry with Prime Gaming

Gotta say, enjoying this dlc so far...

Came 2nd in my first race so that's day 1 done for the prize challenge. Tried a Persuit race then, absolute great craic. We'll definitely have to get a few races between us at some point, some account if dirty driving from randoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I didn't buy any new rides yet. Probably the biggest reason is that I just use the ones I have in the Eclipse Tower where I live and not use my other vehicles stored elsewhere.

I got to rep 10 and unlocked trade prices for the Tailgator, 350z and Euroz all at the same time, quite handy. I have 8 mil but in no rush to spend it. Will see what the upcoming cars are like, the sultan classic rs might have to be purchased.

Got day 2 done easily enough. Joined a race as host with no other players. When one more person joined I launched the race. Guaranteed finish in top 3 and ut registered. One dsy to go for a free car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Do you have to join a particular race or can it be any of them? Haven't really had a chance to look into it much yet. Logged on and got the prime autoshop but no races yet

There's a guy standing by a blue car at the car meet, map icon is a little man waving. You can start races from him, either Street Series (which is what is required for the prize challenge, place top 3 in a race for 3 consecutive days) or pursuit series which is a street race but tons of cops are after you. Highly recommend a custom car for that with max armour and bullet proof tires.

Jumped into my first race today and placed 2nd/ 3rd place was 15 seconds behind me. I am absolutely not a great racer but every other car bar me and 1st had stock cars. Custom cars always seem to come out on top. Saying that, my next race, I came 6th, crashed into nearly everything, just a disaster of a race.

• Advertisement

I do like modding other peoples cars and delivering them to the customers, even if the changes the customers wanted were not to my taste.

I worked on a Mini and a Bentley and other vehicles, some of which I would never consider owning.

Got to level 15 rep, unlocked an Autoshop Contract ability - Diversion. Tried the Fleeca job again and this time picked my Jester over Sessanta's car and mine was so much better. Way quicker, armoured to the gills and better handling. Held the touchepad and saw I could access 4 abilities, 2 of which were locked and open at rep 25 I think. The 2 I had were Repair (sends a mechanic out to fix your car mid job) and Diversion (A sports car parked up near me and when I drove over, he started matching me and led the cops away. They were back on me in a minute as I had 4 star wanted to don't see the point of it. The abilities cost 5k to use, nice feature.

I can do a Car Meet takeover at rep 20, will see what options that brings. Had a great head to head and scramble races in the test track with another player, good craic.

I haven't tried the modifying cars work yet.

How do you get requests to mode and deliver cars for the auto shop?

Edit:nvm, just a got a call a car was at the shop waiting to be worked on. Ha, fixed up the car, spawned outside the shop upside down on another car, all damaged but he only took 500 quid off for damages. I read on some youtube comments that your staff get better at delivering the cars and at the 5th delivery, it was delivered perfect. Obviously will need some testing.

Moved some of my cars to my new place:

think this is a little buggy, did a run earlier, i delivered it myself, drove to destination and parked in yellow spot but mission wouldnt end. quit out and will try again later.

I had the same issue too. You will probably drop the car off in a different location this time.

Broughy did a race test with each of the new cars. Jordan well be happy to hear the Calico has the best time, followed by the Jester RR and then Euros.

The Calico looks great. It was a winning machine in the races I was participating in last night. It will be a while before I have one in my possession as some of the other new cars have caught my attention like the Remus.

Won the Remus this morning, was trying for a garish mod job, that exhaust is actually one of the less ridiculous ones :) Surprised that it beat my Car Meet Test Track best time with the Jester by 2 seconds. Nice little drifty car.

• Advertisement

I like those retro adverts on the red wall in your garage there Zero.

Advertisement